Premier League Gameweek 3

Pav1878

They have been really shakey at the back since the restart from last season. Its now a pattern.
Exactly, it's just gonna take someone having the balls to attack them and go toe to toe. It may be end in defeat but I could easily end in them making a few mistakes. I for one, want us to counter press them and win the ball high up the pitch because we have the players to hurt them if we do.

Liverpool are not better at football than everyone else, they are better at pressing and have better work rate than everyone else. That is something you CAN coach, so feck knows why we don't play a similar way. We seem to press like we we've just come off a roller coaster FFS.

Rossa

Not too bothered about the result Pool clearly deserved to win although we could have got back in if Laca hadn’t fked it up. We looked so much better when Ceballos came on for Swiss Charlie Adam. Desperately need those midfield signings if we are going to do anything this season.
Why is Xhaka still playing for you? I stikk struggle to understand how he is a professional footballer, but starting for Arsenal?

Amarsdd

decided to watch the Kick-off today, it has been nothing but United bashing the whole time before, during and after the Liverpool game. Everytime I watch them, it always seems to be that. And oh my I always love listening to people who know nothing about United talk about United. Feck me.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Why is Xhaka still playing for you? I stikk struggle to understand how he is a professional footballer, but starting for Arsenal?
We know midfield is our weakest area hence why we are trying to sign Partey & Aouar. I personally think the omission of players like Pepe and Ceballos was deliberate. If they started the match they would have faded very quickly. As soon as we introduced a pair of fresh legs in Ceballos you saw how he instantly transformed our midfield. Pepe was less effective but the same ,motive still applies.

Hopefully we can get an extra body or 2 in before the transfer window shuts,

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Gigi Wijnaldum has been a top player for the scouse, way better than Pogba for us for example.
He's surprisingly press-resistant. Good functional technique and a pretty decent footballing IQ. Shrewd signing by Liverpool.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Have you not noticed it? Conceded 3 on the opening day and their last two games if it wasn’t for a missed penalty and poor finishing from Arsenal today they may not have been comfortable. Doesn’t mean I don’t think they will win the league either it’s just a fact anyone could observe. Seem to be playing a high line that teams are getting behind a little easy. Already 2 glaring errors that have led to goals for the opposition.
Everyone have suffered from a COVID preseason, they looked like they didn’t get out of first today. Season is theirs IMO.

21 shots to Arsenals 4 :lol:.

Maureen-yo

He's surprisingly press-resistant. Good functional technique and a pretty decent footballing IQ. Shrewd signing by Liverpool.
They’ve made some very shrewd signings over the last few years, Robertson, Ox (albeit stunted by injury), Wijnaldum and I think Jota will be a very good squad player for them.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Think we got fortunate with the red card. Mane should've been off.

Not sure on the Jota one or what handball even is any more.

Dominated most of the game but we were sloppy in the final third.

I think Arteta is better at setting Arsenal up for these games than he is for the rest of the league.

edcunited1878

Nope. There are some other top level coaches (or at least far better ones than our current manager) but sadly we don't have any intention and ambition to hire them to make us a force again.

We prefer mediocrity & sentimentality over competence and as a result we got a mediocre team. Simple.
Having a good manager is great and all, but they still need quality players. And the players who have been recruited under Woodward and whatever manager hasn't been good enough or consistent in their profile.

It starts with technical skills, mentality/attitude, and work rate. It's then up to the players and coaching staff to develop consistency and understanding their roles in impacting as an individual for the team then embracing that.

United don't have that continuity or consistency or understanding. It may change, it kind of is, under Ole, but he's only been in charge one full season and but it was heavily interrupted which then impacts his second full year.

Deery

Dreary
Roy being a cock, who would have thunk it. Those who can’t do, become a pundit.

I can’t stand Kloop btw but Roy looks like a mug here.
How’s he look like a mug? If anything Klopp looks the prick for being over sensitive when Arsenal could have scored 3 goals tonight. Sloppy in defence for sure

eire-red

Remember United getting a result at Anfield playing just as defensive as Arsenal, and got slaughtered for it.

Arteta seems to be riding off his association with Pep as some sort of possession-based tactician, but am I the only one watching one dimensional counter attacking football, relying on Aubameyang's pace?

Deery

Dreary
Think we got fortunate with the red card. Mane should've been off.

Not sure on the Jota one or what handball even is any more.

Dominated most of the game but we were sloppy in the final third.

I think Arteta is better at setting Arsenal up for these games than he is for the rest of the league.
Rule this year is if it hits the attackers arm it’s not given, it’s not the same as defenders..

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
How’s he look like a mug? If anything Klopp looks the prick for being over sensitive when Arsenal could have scored 3 goals tonight. Sloppy in defence for sure
I don’t see it they had 4 shots, Liverpool owner them. He looks, like a guy with a grudge and he’s a shite pundit. Awesome player mind.

UncleBob

Rule this year is if it hits the attackers arm it’s not given, it’s not the same as defenders..
Erm, no.

One amendment to the rule from last year was ensuring that an accidental handball will only be punished if it occurs “immediately” before a goal was scored. If play continues for some time after this, accidental handball will not be penalised.

Stactix

Erm, no.

One amendment to the rule from last year was ensuring that an accidental handball will only be punished if it occurs “immediately” before a goal was scored. If play continues for some time after this, accidental handball will not be penalised.
Clearly not consistent then

Deery

Dreary
I don’t see it they had 4 shots, Liverpool owner them. He looks, like a guy with a grudge and he’s a shite pundit. Awesome player mind.
Trent played Lacasette miles onside sloppy. Robertson messed up a clearance sloppy. Allison bailed them out sloppy.

Deery

Dreary
Erm, no.

Didn’t say that on MOTD last night..

UncleBob

Didn’t say that on MOTD last night..
They're all idiots.

A statement from the IFAB reads: “‘Accidental’ handball by an attacking player (or team-mate) is only penalised if it occurs ‘immediately’ before a goal or clear goal-scoring opportunity.
“If an attacking player accidentally touches the ball with their hand or arm and the ball then goes to another attacking player and the attacking team immediately scores, this is a handball offence.
“It is not an offence if, after an accidental handball, the ball travels some distance (pass or dribble) and/or there are several passes before the goal or goal-scoring opportunity.”

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You definitely didn’t see the part when Keane waxed lyrical about Liverpool for a solid minute. Spurs fan being a mug once again.

Deery

Dreary
What was the score? Even when Arsenal went one up I never thought Liverpool would loose.
Of course Liverpool weren’t going to lose that Arsenal mid and defence was not up to it, knew as soon as I saw the team sheet. Liverpool were still sloppy at times I agree with Roy.

Deery

Dreary
They're all idiots.

A statement from the IFAB reads: “‘Accidental’ handball by an attacking player (or team-mate) is only penalised if it occurs ‘immediately’ before a goal or clear goal-scoring opportunity.
“If an attacking player accidentally touches the ball with their hand or arm and the ball then goes to another attacking player and the attacking team immediately scores, this is a handball offence.
“It is not an offence if, after an accidental handball, the ball travels some distance (pass or dribble) and/or there are several passes before the goal or goal-scoring opportunity.”
A terrible rule isn’t it, handball should be handball. So accidental handball is can be handball and not handball (very stupid)

NJM78

They will walk this league.

205 points since beginning of 18/19 season. 65 wins!
In comparison with the rubbish we produce season after season we have 135 points and 38 wins in same period.

"20 times 20 times Man United...and Liverpool"

Song won't last too long though as I imagine them being on about 23 or 24 titles before we win one again.

Can't see Ole lasting the season if he doesn't get Sancho in. I think 4th will be beyond us and the fans frustration at not being able to remove the Glazers or Ed Woodward will fall back onto our currently average manager.