Premier League Gameweek 3

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Remember United getting a result at Anfield playing just as defensive as Arsenal, and got slaughtered for it.

Arteta seems to be riding off his association with Pep as some sort of possession-based tactician, but am I the only one watching one dimensional counter attacking football, relying on Aubameyang's pace?
Glad i'm not the only one noticing it, they regularly go long periods in games without getting a shot in.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I said I liked Keane as a player, I’m an Irish man, no need to go to that length mate. Totally uncalled for, whatever floats your boat.
I don’t care what nationality you are. You were on here giving it ten about Keane when the bloke has said nothing wrong.

You called him a cock and a mug, but then take issue with someone allegedly calling you a not very nice word.

Stretender

I don’t see it they had 4 shots, Liverpool owner them. He looks, like a guy with a grudge and he’s a shite pundit. Awesome player mind.
It's actually shocking that most of Fergie's boys have failed to cut it at management. Punditry is for pensioners not a great player like Keane. He should be managing some where with all the experience gained from playing under Fergie.

I just think these ex United boys have got so much to offer to the game than being pundits, leave that to Darren Bent and Micah Richards. Steven Gerrard is doing the right thing. Lamps and Ole the same.

I remember Roy Hodgson telling Gary Neville that punditry was far too easy for these highly experienced footballers. A week later Neville was appointed England assistant coach.

Keane can not sit there criticising Klopp, it just makes him look silly. Liverpool bossed Arsenal and if Jota was clinical it could have been 5-1.

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don’t care what nationality you are. You were on here giving it ten about Keane when the bloke has said nothing wrong.

You called him a cock and a mug, but then take issue with someone allegedly calling you a not very nice word.
I said I thought he looked a mug for calling out Kloop when he was a car crash as a manager. Your completely ignoring the fact that Keane is well known for being a bit of a dick as a pundit. You think it’s cool to call another forum member a cnut for that, says more about you than me mate.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

You called him a cnut. No need to play all coy about it.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's actually shocking that most of Fergie's boys have failed to cut it at management. Punditry is for pensioners not a great player like Keane. He should be managing some where with all the experience gained from playing under Fergie.

I just think these ex United boys have got so much to offer to the game that being pundits, leave that to Darren Bent and Micah Richards. Steven Gerrard is doing the right thing. Lamps and Ole the same.

I remember Roy Hodgson telling Gary Neville that punditry was too easy for these highly experienced footballers. A week later Neville was appointed England assistant coach.

Keane can not sit there criticising Klopp, it just makes him look silly. Liverpool bossed Arsenal and if Jota was clinical it could have been 5-1.
This all steems form me thinking Liverpool owned Arsenal :lol:.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How weak is Hector? Totally useless. Hector and Ream combine for one of the weakest CB pairings in recent Premier League history, IMO.
Was too busy laughing at how bad Odoi was. Seems Fulham missed out on a few targets in defence so they're having to start guys again who were out of their depth in 18/19.

Wasn't Zambo Anguissa supposed to have been amazing at Villareal? Guess he's one of those better in a slower paced more possession based league.

I would say though for the promoted teams the ridiculously short close season has made it a near impossible task. Was hard for us when we won the play offs in late May and you still get two months to shape the squad. Leeds have a top quality manager which helps them massively.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's not VAR though necessarily is it. It's incompetent refereeing. The Mane one wasn't even questionable.
it wasn’t a red card.

You are a weird Liverpool fan, more intent on sucking up to, and keeping on the good side of fans of their greatest rival than in actually showing any loyalty to your club.

Get yourself on a Liverpool forum for a change. 14,000 posts on a Man Utd forum? Pathetic.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
it wasn’t a red card.

You are a weird Liverpool fan, more intent on sucking up to, and keeping on the good side of fans of their greatest rival than in actually showing any loyalty to your club.

Get yourself on a Liverpool forum for a change. 14,000 posts on a Man Utd forum? Pathetic.
Your a BD fan :lol:

No Love

Was too busy laughing at how bad Odoi was. Seems Fulham missed out on a few targets in defence so they're having to start guys again who were out of their depth in 18/19.

Wasn't Zambo Anguissa supposed to have been amazing at Villareal? Guess he's one of those better in a slower paced more possession based league.

I would say though for the promoted teams the ridiculously short close season has made it a near impossible task. Was hard for us when we won the play offs in late May and you still get two months to shape the squad. Leeds have a top quality manager which helps them massively.
Odoi was shambolic, too, in fairness. Was thinking during the match that they need at least 3 new members of a first choice back four. Bryan being the only one who might hack it at Premier League level over the course of a season and even then I’m not totally convinced. He has a little bit of something about him though, the rest just look out of their depth. Sadly, they haven’t panicked hard enough to come sniffing around Rojo or Jones... :(

I think you’re right regarding Zambo Anguissa though, he certainly got some high praise from his time at Villareal. I bet they wish they’d taken the £22.5m for him now though, as he looks lost.

Good point regarding Fulham’s truncated break. When you look at their starting lineup, it literally smacks of Championship quality and their signings have done little to change that. They’re relegated already, for me. I think they’re going to take some serious hidings this season on their way down, too. I watched them on the opening day of the season and told my Dad that I thought they were a dead cert for relegation. Seen nothing to suggest otherwise. The best they can hope for is to go and sign a few ‘Steady Eddy’s’ this week and try to stem the bleeding. Quite who those players are, I’m not sure, but they are in desperate need of some experience and streetwise PL players.

Otherwise, a good win for your team. I quite enjoyed watching. Some good players on show there. Granted, I think the areas that still require improvement are fairly obvious, but this should be a comfortable season for your side this year.

Withnail

it wasn’t a red card.

You'd better feck off too before you end up with Stockholm Syndrome.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
it wasn’t a red card.

A weird Dortmund fan with an unhealthy obsession for Klopp calls someone else a weird fan :rolleyes:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
it wasn’t a red card.

If you don't think that's a red card in this day and age then I really can't help you. It's not sucking up to call it how it is.

Oh and...you're literally an opposition fan on another teams forum.

Be honest, you're just mad that Klopper76 was taken aren't you?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I just think these ex United boys have got so much to offer to the game than being pundits, leave that to Darren Bent and Micah Richards. Steven Gerrard is doing the right thing. Lamps and Ole the same.

I remember Roy Hodgson telling Gary Neville that punditry was far too easy for these highly experienced footballers. A week later Neville was appointed England assistant coach.

Is it? I think having Fergie for the bulk of their careers works against them in management, they were basically wrapped up in cotton wool in regards to the exposure in the big bad reality's of management.

Nedu

Supports
Barcelona
it wasn’t a red card.

I don't think it was a clear red card as well to be honest.
It didn't look like he was intent on hurting him, probably aiming for the chest and ended up on his face, worth looking at yes, but questionable at best.

I wouldn't call that a VAR conspiracy seeing all that has been going on this season, and it really sounds weird coming from a Liverpool fan.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Not too bothered about the result Pool clearly deserved to win although we could have got back in if Laca hadn’t fked it up. We looked so much better when Ceballos came on for Swiss Charlie Adam. Desperately need those midfield signings if we are going to do anything this season.
That Ceballos guy is pretty good. His ball control, passing, and workrate are superb. Is he always this good?

ReallyUSA

They are showing cracks, and teams have to take points off now before Thiago gets settled.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
it wasn’t a red card.

Dortmund fan on redcafe preaching to a Livepool fan about not posting too much on a Manchester United fan and being more anti United while doing so. Pathetic.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
it wasn’t a red card.

:lol:

Klopp fans are weirdos.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
That Ceballos guy is pretty good. His ball control, passing, and workrate are superb. Is he always this good?
He started well last season then was average but really improved under Arteta especially after the break. He was exceptional yesterday though if he did that in every game he would be starting for Madrid instead of joining us on loan.

jackal&hyde

it wasn’t a red card.

Klopp fangirl detected :lol:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I said I thought he looked a mug for calling out Kloop when he was a car crash as a manager. Your completely ignoring the fact that Keane is well known for being a bit of a dick as a pundit. You think it’s cool to call another forum member a cnut for that, says more about you than me mate.
I’m not your mate. You speak about Keane being a dick as a pundit as though it’s fact. It’s not, that’s your opinion. And if you’re going to post words about him like dick and mug then don’t get precious for being called out about it. That you can’t detect the huge irony in this situation says a lot about you.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Liverpool were awesome in the first half yesterday. After a couple wins against them they were out there to put the record straight. Second half was more close and we could have nicked something if Lacazette hadn't fluffed his chance.

Thought we got done a bit with the decisions, the Mane incident looked a red to me and I'm sure there was a handball by Jota on their third goal. Overall the golf in quality was quite evident, Liverpool by far looked the better side.

Our midfield was so bad yesterday, Ceballos put in a good performance when he came on but clear to see that the midfield needs to be completely rebuilt. Really hope we can get the Partey & Aouar deals done.