Premier League Gameweek 3

Guy Incognito

Saliba has been top draw tbf.

Still questions about that midfield though and if Partey gets injured. Don't think Xhaka can be trusted holding that midfield together.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
They've been developing the team for 3 plus years now and have brought in players to fit that style. United have such a hard time releasing players or making sentiment part of the decision like Rashford, McTominay, Jones, etc.

Arsenal fecked off players and bought well. United have too many players not willing or able to fit a style, so they have to be binned off asap (DDG, Shaw, RBs, McTominay, Ronaldo, possibly Rashford and Martial). That's so much turnover with not much behind them to keep them ticking over until better players become available.
You could bin them off or you could hand them contract extensions and have them sit in the reserves because they become unsellable... This is the United way.

Teja

Arsenal look like a top 4 candidate
They show that recruitment doesn't have to be rocket science.

Don't go chasing WC players like FdJ, don't overpay for guys like Martinez, have a vision for the club and execute it with data.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Don't go chasing WC players like FdJ, don't overpay for guys like Martinez, have a vision for the club and execute it with data.
Because of course, Arsenal haven't paid £50m for any 24 year old centre backs lately.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Exactly, but somehow our lot manage to make it look like the hardest thing in the world. Couldnt get it more wrong if we tried.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Missed 3rd goal as thundery rain here and Sky went off, as it is just about to again.
Does Sky still do that due to weather? I remember it doing that mid 2000’s when I lived in the UK but thought they would’ve resolved that by now.

hobbers

Are Arsenal chanting 'you're going down with United' or am I hearing things.

Fair play if so.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Does Sky still do that due to weather? I remember it doing that mid 2000’s when I lived in the UK but thought they would’ve resolved that by now.
Not usually, but I don't know if there is thunder in the area, so that could be causing the problem more than the rain.

Teja

Everyone repeated this shite near the end of last season and Arsenal still didn’t get top 4.
They might finish 5th because Spurs and Chelsea are really good as well but it's a significant improvement from where they were a few seasons ago.

I was fully expecting them to become mid table fodder.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Loving Arsenals future. It’s taken some time but they are on the way up once more.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They might finish 5th because Spurs and Chelsea are really good as well but it's a significant improvement from where they were a few seasons ago.

I was fully expecting them to become mid table fodder.
They've spent huge money (more than anybody in Europe last summer) and have changed damn near the whole squad for a manager who's already had years in charge. The most remarkable thing would be them spinning 5th as a success story under those circumstances (if they even manage that again).

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Are all the microphones near the Arsenal fans or have the Bournemouth fans just decided not to sing today

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Yeah agreed.

The biggest reason behind their collapse (imo) was their lack of squad depth in the midfield/ fullback areas and they seem to have addressed that (along with a massive upgrade at CF) and have avoided a poor start to the season (They lost their first 3 games of last season).

BlueHaze

If we don't win on Monday we will be 8 or 9 behind Arsenal already. That is truly an embarrassment.

Teja

Because of course, Arsenal haven't paid £50m for any 24 year old centre backs lately.
English, called up to the NT, young etc.

They've spent huge money (more than anybody in Europe last summer) and have changed damn near the whole squad for a manager who's already had years in charge. The most remarkable thing would be them spinning 5th as a success story under those circumstances (if they even manage that again).
I don't think they've spent ridiculous amounts. They spent like 280M over three years since Arteta joined. Considering where they were when he joined, I think it's an achievement to be pushing for top four.

Chelsea are hitting close to 200M just this year and we're going to hit 150M+ (likely) just this summer. Over 3 years we've spent ~318M and aren't really close to them right now.

90-100M / yr is acceptable in terms of fees.

morree

Bournemouth down 0-3 but are still trying and pushing to get a goal at least, unlike another certain team.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is it a coincidence that two of the most impressive managers this and last season have come from City? - Arteta and Vieira