Premier League Gameweek 3

Zed is not dead

What’s not to understand? He was probably annoyed he was the chosen forward.
The coach has to make a change.
Your team is already in difficulty because of the red, take one for the team and go sit on the bench instead of acting annoyed for the cameras

Withnail

Players like Vidic, Terry and Ferdinand made the exact same tackle every game. Vidic especially would crunch players when tackling. Idk the game's gone tedious, with all the handballs, miniscule offsides, goal keeper having to stay on the line, VAR slowing everything down and making it worse, the experience of watching a game is horrible these days. I rarely watch live matches anymore only highlights, turned this one on and turned it off after 5 minutes again.
So they should allow fouls on forwards who are through on goal. Fair enough mate but it sounds crap to me.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thank you! My feelings exactly.
Vidic used to go into crunching slide tackles and those are the ones that should never be fouls let alone yellows and red. But they have never been able to simply kick through the man, sweep his legs from under him last man to get the ball. I played as an aggressive CB my whole career and that’s as clear a foul and red card as you’ll see. This as someone that champions greater referee leniency. Can only think you need to watch it again.

Dansk

I know it's the scousers but there's no way that was a red card. Is a genuine challenge for the ball. It can see it easily revoked.
No, it's a red. If it was inside the box, it could have been a penalty and yellow because there's a genuine challenge for the ball. It's not in the box, so that rule doesn't apply. It's a textbook red card, no room to debate it. 100% correct according to the rules of the sport.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I don't know what it's going to take for Klopp to drop or sell TAA. He provides the one position for all opposition managers to target and Trent obliges everytime.

Oranges038

Newcastle players are such experts at being wankers, funny when it happens to another team though, passed the ball then pushed a player off the ball 3 times in like a minute
Bournemouth under Eddie Howe were way too open, soft and very naive.

He then spent time in Spain with Atletico Madrid and this is the result.

Fooza

It was a red, if he didn't kick through him he'd have been through on goal, hence he's the last defender

Why are people arguing over it? Is it because it seems harsh? Because it isn't, it's denying a potential likely goal.

BarryWinks

Why do some of you always need to remind us how shite our current players are when commenting on games that don't even involve United? Not like you don't have the entire United forum to do that.

So tedious.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
They have much more to fight than MacAllister's which shouldn't have been revoked.
I mean...what? It's an obvious, clear foul which denies a goalscoring opportunity. This was a red card twenty years ago and it's a red card now.

Witchking

Title race? They were never in it.
See, saying things like this is tempting fate.

After a dismal 20-21 where we gave Liverpool an out after losing 2-4 to them and Allison scored in another game on the last minute to give them top 4, everyone thought they are back to the grind but they almost won the quadruple next season.

Do not tempt fate, just hope they screw up. They are in the title race 100%

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It was a red, if he didn't kick through him he'd have been through on goal, hence he's the last defender

Why are people arguing over it? Is it because it seems harsh? Because it isn't, it's denying a potential likely goal.
Yes, a clear sending off and should have been two by then with TAA

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Simple explanation for red card: If you think that it’s a foul then it’s a certain red card. I think it’s an obvious foul but you can maybe argue that it isn’t a foul. What is a ridiculous argument is that the ref shouldn’t give a red for that.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
We're exposing a few scouse sympathisers here.

They have not been hard done by. They've been very lucky that the ref bottles the second yellow for TAA. Then they have nothing to complain about for the clear red card.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Some twat on BBC text :lol:

Sam: Trent booked for being shoved, Van Dijk sent off for getting the ball? Are we going to get an explanation for this one?
An explanation for 2 correct decisions? Sure, the ref done his job well and followed the rules.

SAFMUTD

Even after it was checked by var?
It happened last week with MacAllister which was an awful challenge. This will be revoked, only thing is Virgil went out insulting the referee so that won't help him.

Just Hope

Liverpool spent 100m+ million pounds in midfielders only to chuck the ball to the wingers :lol:.

It is hilariously bad how the team is fragmented and they commit 5 players to attack only to lose the ball and give Newcastle a freebie.

Disasterclass from Klop.

spottieottiedopaliscious

That's fine, but you don't call them it in commentaries. Did they say Giggsy, or Becks?
Think it’s just the case for Almiron. When he was at Atl United / MLS our home commentators always called him Miggy. The fans and social media also always used it when talking about him. Think it’s just carried on.

mav_9me

It's a foul it's not a clear cut chance. Yellow was fair. Even Newcastle players were surprised to see the red card.
How is not a clear chance? He is thru into the box one on one against the GK.