Premier League Gameweek 30+31

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
That's the one bit of comfort.

If anyone wants to get banned I suggest making a congrats Liverpool thread now :D
Here in solidarity with you, brother. Our clubs have carried the * hating torch for many years and many rival supporters thought we were exaggerating their egomania. Thankfully many are having their eyes opened over the last couple of years.

Roll on next season when every bastard wants to beat them! :D

TheReligion

Abusive
Is there a worse way to win a league title than this? Hilarious. Behind closed doors, no fans and you're not even playing yourselves. Jesus how grim.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is there a worse way to win a league title than this? Hilarious. Behind closed doors, no fans and you're not even playing yourselves. Jesus how grim.
They tried to interview Klopp too and it didn't work and he had a really pissed off look on his face :lol:

Le Red

Disgraceful behaviour. We're in the midst of a pandemic and people are dying. But apparently football is more important than people's lives.

If the FA had any integrity, Liverpool would be given a 20 point penalty.
I'm not gonna make the obvious comparison with recent events of similar nature that have been not only tolerated but encouraged.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
This is what we have to tell ourselves in these dark and troubling times! It could be worse. And at least we've all had a long time to get used to it.

Raw

It's a bit shit isn't it. They'll probably have a parade when it's safe to do so but by then it'll probably in the middle of winter during the next season.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Surely points deduction for Liverpool incoming after inability to complete their fixtures due to a COVID-19 outbreak amongst the squad. Taking the piss by having the whole squad hanging out together.

TheReligion

Abusive
This is what we have to tell ourselves in these dark and troubling times! It could be worse. And at least we've all had a long time to get used to it.
It's a bit shit isn't it. They'll probably have a parade when it's safe to do so but by then it'll probably in the middle of winter during the next season.
I'm not even being bitter when I say it but I couldn't honestly think of anything worse. By the time the season is over it will be pretty much forgotten with European football running on. No parade and no one to watch them get the trophy. Even tonight they didn't even kick a ball and City bottled it again. It's just feck up after feck up.

Such an anti climax.

Buchan

I'm not gonna make the obvious comparison with recent events of similar nature that have been not only tolerated but encouraged.
Indeed.

The precedent has been set with the media and political class advocating for mass gatherings for the past four weeks. Crack on, Scousers, would be my outlook on tonight. What’s the difference?

BorisDeLeFora

The never won the premier league meme is gone, that's worth a lot.

Granted it's been replaced by the asterisk meme, so there's 30 years to sort that one out now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Was just about to post exactly this.

add to list: pubs closed, deadly virus around so you can't hug your mates, getting banned from redcafe. :lol:

Buchan

Surely points deduction for Liverpool incoming after inability to complete their fixtures due to a COVID-19 outbreak amongst the squad. Taking the piss by having the whole squad hanging out together.
Did anyone expect the players not to have a party after winning the title? Come on! They can share dressing-rooms and modes of transport to matches but gathering for a few celebratory drinks is too much?

adamwest

Anyone else seeing this stream on BT ? There's these messages popping up on the video link ? :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Was just about to post exactly this.

add to list: pubs closed, deadly virus around so you can't hug your mates, getting banned from redcafe. :lol:
When I think of how we have won League titles and where I've been and what I've been up to when we have I just chuckle.

I have a feeling they'll try and do something to hold a parade though.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Did anyone expect the players not to have a party after winning the title? Come on! They can share dressing-rooms and modes of transport to matches but gathering for a few celebratory drinks is too much?
Yeah, I somewhat did. I thought the PL would have been clear on expectations with them too. They’ll feel fecking stupid if the coronavirus ramps up again. It’s also a fecking piss take to those of us actually following the rules.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
When I think of how we have won League titles and where I've been and what I've been up to when we have I just chuckle.
I have a feeling they'll try and do something to hold a parade though.
Sure, they can do that, but that's all they'll get. Poor buggers.

I still remember the that night in 1993, after Pallister scored a free kick. Was in my first year at Manchester University. We watched the game outdoors at Queen of Hearts in Fallowfield, and then went with around 200 United student fans into town to meet everyone from Old Trafford: must have been 40,000 in town centre. It was mental. And was just the start of a full week of fun!

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I couldn't imagine a worse way to win a league. This day was always going to come so its a small consulation that's its happened like this.

Cracking achievement by Liverpool they are now matching Blackburn Rovers on Premier League titles!

AndyMUFC

Liverpool win the league and Chelsea stay 5 points clear of us. If Carlsberg did shit nights...

el3mel

Don't think so. I'm sure they're still one behind
Depends if you're counting Community Shield or not. If not then they have more trophies than us, if you count it we still have more. Most won't count it I guess ?

Buchan

Yeah, I somewhat did. I thought the PL would have been clear on expectations with them too. They’ll feel fecking stupid if the coronavirus ramps up again. It’s also a fecking piss take to those of us actually following the rules.
Oh, I agree with you. They shouldn’t be doing what they are doing whilst the rest of us live like monks but that horse bolted when the powers-that-be decides to resume this farcical excuse for football.

The waters have been well and truly muddied the last few weeks with rule-breaking behaviour going on en masse without repercussions (even encouraged in many cases) so the precedent was set for the Scousers to celebrate how they so wish whenever the title was clinched.

montpelier

They got all the players into Anfield, everyone wearing shirts so Standard Chartered get their exposure, very quickly, innit?