Premier League Gameweek 30+31

montpelier

Or at the training ground, not sure. Cynical choreography and very carefully planned anyway.

DavidDeSchmikes

Great result for Steven Gerrard. His got to see his beloved Chelsea win tonight and his beloved Liverpool win the league

Red Keane

Ultimately both Manchester United & Manchester City only have themselves to blame for their failure to prevent Liverpool winning the Premier League. In our case it's entirely because of the Glazers neglect & mismanagement of the club, in City's case its entirely due to Txiki Begiristain's braindead stupidty when it comes to transfers, especially his refusal to invest big in top quality CB's.

My only hope is that City at least have the balls to invest whatever it takes to stop Liverpool knocking us out of our own perch, because I know all too well the Glazers will not be doing that.

Cpt Negative

If anyone needed proof of why the season needed to be cancelled, it’s happening right now.

as usual nothing will be done about it. Fans congregating at the stadium in defiance of the guidances to restart the league

SirAnderson

Ultimately both Manchester United & Manchester City only have themselves to blame for their failure to prevent Liverpool winning the Premier League. In our case it's entirely because of the Glazers neglect & mismanagement of the club, in City's case its entirely due to Txiki Begiristain's braindead stupidty when it comes to transfers, especially his refusal to invest big in top quality CB's.

My only hope is that City at least have the balls to invest whatever it takes to stop Liverpool knocking us out of our own perch, because I know all too well the Glazers will not be doing that.
Your only hope?
Yeah you should stay on 7 likes.

Red Keane

Your only hope?
Yeah you should stay on 7 likes.
It's foolish to hope (under the Glazers) that United will invest what is needed to challenge Liverpool next season. Hence why I don't see the point in even trying.

Regardless I certainly take no pleasure in depending on other teams to do the sort of tasks that United should be doing ourselves, thats why I hold the Glazers greatly responsible for the events that have happened tonight.

Gasolin

Ha, good man. I'm just a bit wary of how optimistic this place has gone this week, it's gone from too pessimistic to probably too optimistic. I like what I'm seeing from us and think the first time post Ferguson there's a route map to success but we're a bit behind where Liverpool were in 2017 and they needed to nail basically every decision over the next 3 years (apart from Karius which they corrected quickly enough) with the best manager in the world to win it. If we stay on the right track and hopefully Klopp and Guardiola eventually go away in the next couple of years then maybe we can step in.
Nah, we have De Gea and Henderson and a manager who can compete already in big games. We will win all the smaller games from now on with the right recruitment. I have no doubt next year will be very exciting for United. And I don’t think the others will be miles away. Especially when inevitably there will be some injuries, lack of motivation, etc... let’s just see how it goes.

Pav1878

Anyone else irked by VVD's '19-20' t shirt tonight?

Feck me we need to get to 21 before they do!

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
So it seems that the automatic response to the celebrations is that ‘everyone is breaking the rules anyway’.

Red Keane

So it seems that the automatic response to the celebrations is that ‘everyone is breaking the rules anyway’.
Sorry to get political on this thread, but when you have a PM that puts his own interests ahead of the greater good, don't be surprised to see others doing the same. So while I am not in favour of what certain Liverpool fans have been doing tonight, I wouldn't personally blame them considering the fact the precedent has already been set (by many others) a long time ago.

croadyman

Rio must have been so close to punching Humphrey in the face on BT tonight, don't mind Crouch even though he played for them as he is not a snidey prick.

You might want to remember where Rio grew up and choose your words a bit more carefully.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Sorry to get political on this thread, but when you have a PM that puts his own interests ahead of the greater good, don't be surprised to see others doing the same. So while I am not in favour of what certain Liverpool fans have been doing tonight, I wouldn't personally blame them considering the fact the precedent has already been set (by many others) a long time ago.
Oh no I do agree to a certain extent, I’ve just heard a lot coming out of Liverpool how their fans will not mess it up and have mass gatherings. Yet here we are. Hard to stop it though, I think it would be the same at any club.

Red Keane

Oh no I do agree to a certain extent, I’ve just heard a lot coming out of Liverpool how their fans will not mess it up and have mass gatherings. Yet here we are.
Had the Government maintained the original lockdown I don't think so many Liverpool fans would have gone out to celebrate. But when they (like all of us) saw that footage in places such as Bournmouth & Brixton, the rest as they say is history...

Hard to stop it though, I think it would be the same at any club.
I think we can all agree on that.

big rons sovereign

Rio must have been so close to punching Humphrey in the face on BT tonight, don't mind Crouch even though he played for them as he is not a snidey prick.

You might want to remember where Rio grew up and choose your words a bit more carefully.
Peckham. I used to live there, what an absolute shithole. The day I moved there I was told it wasn't as bad as had been made out. There was a drive by shooting that same night

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Anyone else irked by VVD's '19-20' t shirt tonight?

Feck me we need to get to 21 before they do!
Not really. It just feels like their win is overdue, after ~30 years of League title drought. For a "big" club like them, it's actually a travesty on taking them that long. Even Leicester have won one during those period.

Pav1878

Not really. It just feels like their win is overdue, after ~30 years of League title drought. For a "big" club like them, it's actually a travesty on taking them that long. Even Leicester have won one during those period.
Yeah true. The fact they are wearing t shirts like that just highlights the fact they are still behind. Not for long mind, but still behind.

Just thought it was pretty small time on their part. A t shirt with 19 on focuses on their success but 19-20 just brings us into it. They hate us for being ahead and we should use that to motivate us for next season.

If I was Ole I would show the players all the celebrations and taunts over the summer to get them ready.

Yeah true. The fact they are wearing t shirts like that just highlights the fact they are still behind. Not for long mind, but still behind.

Just thought it was pretty small time on their part. A t shirt with 19 on focuses on their success but 19-20 just brings us into it. They hate us for being ahead and we should use that to motivate us for next season.

If I was Ole I would show the players all the celebrations and taunts over the summer to get them ready.
I think 19/20 is just referring to the season mate :lol: the scousers are petty as feck but that wasn't a dig at us

Last edited:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
And Blackburn won it.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Peckham. I used to live there, what an absolute shithole. The day I moved there I was told it wasn't as bad as had been made out. There was a drive by shooting that same night
Don't envy you at all. I went to Peckham once last year (first time) and immediately after getting outside the tube, we walked into some guy getting absolutely battered, blood everywhere. The assaulter was massive so nobody wanted to step in. Mate turned to me and said, 'Welcome to Peckham'.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Don't envy you at all. I went to Peckham once last year (first time) and immediately after getting outside the tube, we walked into some guy getting absolutely battered, blood everywhere. The assaulter was massive so nobody wanted to step in. Mate turned to me and said, 'Welcome to Peckham'.
It is actually pronounced Peck-naaaaaaaam.

Gazautd18

Might be my last night on the cafe but it’s been a pleasure posting and reading here. The best football forum on the planet and I’ll continue to lurk no doubt. First time I’m ever going to experience this.
Epic trolling.