Premier League Gameweek 30

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He is and I think he knows carragher makes a nob of himself so there’s no point retaliating or getting as irate
They both play up to the perception of them as a duo. The average football fan loves the pair of them and takes their opinions as fact. I know online forums might be different but people ultimately don’t think very deeply about the game and the fact sky put out this show that does a little bit more than normal is gold for the average fan.

Red00012

Neville making valid points while carragher nitpicks on what he says
CROATIA
CROATIA
Reminded me of Jamie Redknapp’s Reguilon Meltdown

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Let's be honest, Modric, Kovacic and Brozovic should dominate the possession against us.

Jamie preaching attack and talking about Croatia like they're Gibraltar is a bit rich after putting two holding mids in his side, they fecking beat us last time.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I do agree though Neville usually does make a lot of fair points and crucially will back up his opinions with logic whether you disagree with him or not.

I think they just both know they’re seen as gold standard punditry and whether people want to believe it or not their opinions are taken seriously by a lot of people involved in football. They have a huge stature in the British game.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I do agree though Neville usually does make a lot of fair points and crucially will back up his opinions with logic whether you disagree with him or not.

I think they just both know they’re seen as gold standard punditry and whether people want to believe it or not their opinions are taken seriously by a lot of people involved in football. They have a huge stature in the British game.
Neville's stature is significantly higher IMO.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Let's be honest, Modric, Kovacic and Brozovic should dominate the possession against us.

Jamie preaching attack and talking about Croatia like they're Gibraltar is a bit rich after putting two holding mids in his side, they fecking beat us last time.
Not to mention Rakitic if he still turns out for them. I get Jamie’s point that at some point or another do we not have to have a more dominating approach to games. Doesn’t mean we can’t adjust tactically for certain games, but there’s talk of leaving some of the most talented players we have at home. I just don’t think Southgate is the manager that’s going to develop this side over the long term. It’s conceivable that Sancho Grealish Trent all don’t go, now obviously they likely will but we have some serious talent in the squad and I do question if we’re developing a way of playing that’s going to get the best out of them in the long run.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Neville's stature is significantly higher IMO.
In terms of analysis? Yeah he’s excellent, but the average fan loves the fact you’ve got an ex United and Liverpool player bantering on the uks flagship football show. That’s what I mean, and those two have been at the forefront for the last 5? 6? years or so.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
In terms of analysis? Yeah he’s excellent, but the average fan loves the fact you’ve got an ex United and Liverpool player bantering on the uks flagship football show. That’s what I mean, and those two have been at the forefront for the last 5? 6? years or so.
Just mean all round in terms of the British game beyond just punditry.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not to mention Rakitic if he still turns out for them. I get Jamie’s point that at some point or another do we not have to have a more dominating approach to games. Doesn’t mean we can’t adjust tactically for certain games, but there’s talk of leaving some of the most talented players we have at home. I just don’t think Southgate is the manager that’s going to develop this side over the long term. It’s conceivable that Sancho Grealish Trent all don’t go, now obviously they likely will but we have some serious talent in the squad and I do question if we’re developing a way of playing that’s going to get the best out of them in the long run.
I think in tournament football it's very much a squad game so you can take and use those players without having to shoehorn them in. I just watched the segment and felt Carragher was understandable championing TAA but he was talking him up like Messi and Ronaldo at one point when if we are brutally honest he's not had a great season. He kept saying in world football you don't want anyone else on the ball in the right/right central area other than TAA (bar KDB). I mean really?

I'd take TAA for sure but I felt Carragher was well over the top about him and very defensive when Neville was making valid points.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Just mean all round in terms of the British game beyond just punditry.
I mean yeah of course, but they’ve both played for the two biggest clubs in England they’re both the main pundits on Sky, most people will know who both are.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I'm aware I'm in the minority but I don't think that Lingard goal is as good as everyone was making out. I get he received the ball in his own half but all he's done is run into space with it. It isn't like he had loads of players to skip past on the way.

Good goal of course, don't get me wrong.