Premier League Gameweek 30

marktan

Immobile failed at Dortmund and yet destroys the italien league while Aubameyang had no problem to continue his output in England and do I even need to say anything about Lewandowski? This is just a weird take.
Of course there are exceptions, and the strikers are likely to continue their output wherever if they're class because it's a similar skillset wherever you play. But for the wide players - they get a lot more space playing for Dortmund then they would against the defences in the PL. Sancho in particular - I've watched most of his goals this season and they've been counter attacks goals with tons of space. He wouldn't get that in the PL.

Hoof the ball

Immobile failed at Dortmund and yet destroys the italien league while Aubameyang had no problem to continue his output in England and do I even need to say anything about Lewandowski? This is just a weird take.
A Bayern fan coming to the defence of Dortmund. How unusual this is on Redcafe!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
"This is frightening"

Bloody hell commentator man, calm down, it's hardly prime Rooney and Ronaldo breaking :lol:

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Today will go down in history as the day that Leeds United invented the counter-attack.

According to these commentators, at least...

Sylar

Yeah can't see City losing this, let alone another 8 points after that.
If we had held on against Everton, beaten wba and Sheffield like we should have that's an extra 7 points. I would be thinking different.

We're gonna drop points for sure so Leicester doing so is fine especially if we then consolidate with a win tomorrow

cyberman

Do we want Leicester to lose to City? If they win and we win our 2 in hand it's "only" 8 point gap...
Want a Leicester win here. Lose here and they still have Chelsea coming up so who knows.
Saying that, theyll win today

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Definitely shaping up to be a big win weekend for us.

If we can beat BHA, that's 9 points ahead of Chelsea with 8 to play - we SHOULD be able manage that comfortably. We won't because we're United, but one can hope!

Dan_F

Has anyone been watching BT? The “banter” between Robbie Savage and Chris Sutton is honestly horrific.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
We want City to win this one then. We cant' catch them, and we get Leicester off our arses

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We want City to win this one then. We cant' catch them, and we get Leicester off our arses
whatever result is a good one imo, even if we don't catch City we want to finish as close to them as possible likewise we want to finish with a big a gap to the 3rd place as possible

always_hoping

I'm not sure. Won't catch City but closing the gap should be something to aim at.

A draw perhaps the best result for Man United this evening?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
BHA will not be a walk in the park for us.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm not sure. Won't catch City but closing the gap should be something to aim at.

A draw perhaps the best result for Man United this evening?
Not sure about a draw. It doesn't really accomplish anything for us. It's a good point for Leicester and they go level with us, and the dropped points by City would be fairly insignificant to us (would still be 15 points in front)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Speak for yourself. You negative nancies need to stop worrying about Leicester. They've got a very dodgy run-in, they're not finishing ahead of us. If they lose here they've opened the door for the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Pool. The fewer top 4 spots available to those three teams the better.

What we don't want is City having such a big lead that they can keep resting players in the league (like they're doing today) and keep them fully fresh for the quadruple.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Speak for yourself. You negative nancies need to stop worrying about Leicester. They've got a very dodgy run-in, they're not finishing ahead of us. If they lose here they've opened the door for the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Pool. The fewer top 4 spots available to those three teams the better.

What we don't want is City having such a big lead that they can keep resting players in the league (like they're doing today) and keep them fully fresh for the quadruple.
Admire the optimism. I think that's the word for it, anyway...

always_hoping

Not sure about a draw. It doesn't really accomplish anything for us. It's a good point for Leicester and they go level with us, and the dropped points by City would be fairly insignificant to us (would still be 15 points in front)
Depends how United fare against Brighton tomorrow.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Rather optimism than doom and gloom.

Besides, 8 point lead with 8 games remaining is a dangerous lead :nervous:
No team has EVER blown an 8 point lead with so few games remaining. Ever. At least not in my mind...