Premier League Gameweek 31+32

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Alisson has been brilliant at 1v1s this season. Arguably their player of the season.

MUFC OK

I'm not watching that lot today, but it might be a mentality thing.

Teams used to be beat before they set on the pitch at Old Trafford quite often.

Pool might be reaping some of that, who knows.
Said this before as well and it’s definitely the case. Get a chance and it’s like “shit, shit, I’m about to score!… oh, no”

MUFC OK

Alisson has been brilliant at 1v1s this season. Arguably their player of the season.
Faced more 1v1s than anyone in the league, mad stat. Cue the “not really, they play a high line.. etc etc”

MUFC OK

I think this is also almost certainly not true.

2 out of 3 "big chances" are missed. We (spectators) tend to notice the misses more often when we have a clear bias, ie. when it's a game involving either a team we support or a team we hate.
Odds are in favour of the attacker in a 1v1. Don’t know what qualifies as a big chance though so can’t comment.

cyberman

Is that any wonder when the opposition miss so many chances against them? If anything that speaks for the alarming regularity teams get behind Liverpool.
Any stats on his performances from years prior?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Is that any wonder when the opposition miss so many chances against them? If anything that speaks for the alarming regularity teams get behind Liverpool.
Any stats on his performances from years prior?
It's to be expected when they play as high as they do. They just shouldn't get away with it so often. With De Gea they would look terrible (like us).

Asger

How'd you geta corner when the player challenging for the ball was offside. Feckin rules make no sense.
True.

I have often wondered, does VAR check after goals from corners when referee did a wrong call giving the corner?

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Odds are in favour of the attacker in a 1v1. Don’t know what qualifies as a big chance though so can’t comment.
But not all 1v1s are equal though.

Scoring from 10-12 yards when the GK is passively positioned inside the 6 yard box is much easier than scoring the same shot when the GK is only 3 yards in front of you and covering a much larger area of the goal.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Faced more 1v1s than anyone in the league, mad stat. Cue the “not really, they play a high line.. etc etc”

Well if you've already discounted the reason that they concede so many 1 vs 1 chances ( high line/ sweeper keeper who's maybe the best in the world right now) then of course it seems like witchcraft.

Ole'sgunnarwin

The Premier League is so boring these days. These City and Liverpool games are so tedious. It's almost lifeless because everyone knows the result.

MUFC OK

Well if you've already discounted the reason that they concede so many 1 vs 1 chances ( high line/ sweeper keeper who's maybe the best in the world right now) then of course it seems like witchcraft.
Still surprising.

That just now was definitely another ‘big chance’. The brilliance of Alisson on show again.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
But not all 1v1s are equal though.

Scoring from 10-12 yards when the GK is passively positioned inside the 6 yard box is much easier than scoring the same shot when the GK is only 3 yards in front of you and covering a much larger area of the goal.

Exactly , they are obviously playing the percentages.

I seen on Twitter during the week that it looks like they aren't blocking shots around the box so that Alisson has a clear sight of the shot etc

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bad miss but Sarr is a very talented player.

Wonder who'll pick him up end of the season as it's surprising he's stayed at Watford this long.

cyberman

Exactly , they are obviously playing the percentages.

I seen on Twitter during the week that it looks like they aren't blocking shots around the box so that Alisson has a clear sight of the shot etc
That’s not true. That’s horrendous coaching if it is.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Bad miss but Sarr is a very talented player.

Wonder who'll pick him up end of the season as it's surprising he's stayed at Watford this long.
He'll go to Liverpool for about 8 million. Everyone else will be quoted 60 million, just like happened with Jota

DavidDeSchmikes

Watford will make a good game of it, have a few chances, then Liverpool will get a deflected second with 10 mins to go

cyberman

Well this where I read it.

It's an interesting perspective.

Still nonsense. You can’t give teams free shots at goal and rely on horrendous misses to get by. It smacks of trying to make sense of this missing sitter run they’re on while ignoring the obvious reasoning.

Withnail

Liverpool play some utter dross a lot of the time yet it’s very rarely mentioned.

Hideous, ping-pong football.
Johnny Giles always said Klopp was a one trick pony with a very good trick.
Well this where I read it.

It's an interesting perspective.

Yeah I was listening to Second Captains and they were talking about it. Apparently, it's the higher % play which is the way football is going. We'll probably see the end of long range screamers within 10 years or so for the same reasons.

Wayne's World

Liverpool are winning every single game from now until the end of the season. Literally no chance and If teams get a goal you can be sure they get a 90th minute penalty

MUFC OK

Liverpool are winning every single game from now until the end of the season. Literally no chance and If teams get a goal you can be sure they get a 90th minute penalty
I said this the other week and was called a 10 year old for saying it :lol:

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Still nonsense. You can’t give teams free shots at goal and rely on horrendous misses to get by. It smacks of trying to make sense of this missing sitter run they’re on while ignoring the obvious reasoning.
Ok but I'm not denying that teams miss chances vs Liverpool.

Of course they are making mistakes but I feel they are Playing the percentages, they are backing Alisson to save or the player to bottle it. (Joao Pedro has 2 goals in 20 games in the league for example)

Strangely though nobody on here is highlighting (or rarely do) Liverpool's misses (Jota 2 today alone) which were as bad as Watfords.

Yeah I was listening to Second Captains and they were talking about it. Apparently, it's the higher % play which is the way football is going. We'll probably see the end of long range screamers within 10 years or so for the same reasons.

Yeah that's my take on it too.

I don't think it's possible that Klopp/ Liverpool are unaware of the statistics.

Irrational.

Liverpool’s luck is absolutely incredible. It’s almost like the opposition don’t believe they can score against them.

I refuse to accept this Liverpool as anything special.