Premier League Gameweek 31+32

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Is there anything more ‘Roy Hodgson’ that bringing on Tom Cleverley when 1-0 down?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Jota is such a limited footballer, technically. Have lost count of the number of times he’s tripped over balls when trying to control/dribble them, misplaced simple passes, scuffed shots etc. His output:talent ratio is insanely overachieving at Liverpool and, overall, he often looks the player that was regularly left out of the Wolves team. The fact he’s been their ‘clutch’ man a lot this season is annoying when taking the above into consideration.

Salah, Mane, Thiago, Alexander-Arnold etc. being match-winners I can accept as they are brilliant footballers, but Jota is a bewildering one, for me.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Still nonsense. You can’t give teams free shots at goal and rely on horrendous misses to get by. It smacks of trying to make sense of this missing sitter run they’re on while ignoring the obvious reasoning.
There is logic in it. We know the introduction of advanced stats into the game saw the amount of shots taken from distance dramatically reduce as teams sought to ensure their possessions ended in chances with higher expected value. So it would make some sense that the corollary of that would be to try and force/entice your opponents into attempting those same low xG chances rather than retaining possession in favour of building towards higher value chances.

The only issue is the balance between forcing low xG chances versus trying to stop any chance.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I'd go further than that. I can't see a situation where they would implement something this without it being data-driven.
Exactly and thats my problem with the "Lucky" shouts here, I just think you are seeing Liverpool play the percentages defensively and backing their world class individuals to perform.

They probably have the most offside calls in their favor too. That's not luck either.

Guy Incognito

Jota is such a limited footballer, technically. Have lost count of the number of times he’s tripped over balls when trying to control/dribble them, misplaced simple passes, scuffed shots etc. His output:talent ratio is insanely overachieving at Liverpool and, overall, he often looks the player that was regularly left out of the Wolves team. The fact he’s been their ‘clutch’ man a lot this season is annoying when taking the above into consideration.

Salah, Mane, Thiago, Alexander-Arnold etc. being match-winners I can accept as they are brilliant footballers, but Jota is a bewildering one, for me.
Klopp gets the best out of him, fits his system perfectly.

MUFC OK

Penalty and don’t need to see out the nervy last few mins. fecking state of them.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Someone get working on a montage of all the times those types of fouls haven't been given against other teams

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
That's proper bent refereeing. There's been 200 of those this season not even reviewed. The ball was nowhere near the incident and Jota fouls him first. Bent

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Pretty obvious penalty really.

Except they constantly get ignored for some reason. You'll see the exact same pretty obvious penalty not given regularly in other games.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Kucka one of the worst Premier League players of all-time. He is seriously up there with the likes of Ali Dia. Stealing a living

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah it’s a foul, but you have to basically get shot to have something reviewed on field. And now they decide to review a set piece tussle that’s seen during every corner?

Gomes

Nr 33 ruined like 10 attacks in the second half. Disgustingly bad player.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm really worried one of these days Jim Beglin is gonna run on the pitch and give Klopp a random blow job before the watershed.

Liverpool deserved winners, was a peno but more inconsistency from the officials.