Premier League Gameweek 32 + FA Cup QFs

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Like someone mentioned in here, surely the issue is more Antonio being in Azpi's way. He may not have affected Kepa but he definitely impeded Azpi
If anything, he's helping Azpi. There's less of a target to hit, meaning there's less of an area for Azpi to cover. He isn't behind Antonio, he's the same side as the goalscorer.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I actually blame the goalie. Stick Petr Cech in there and all our centre backs become calmer instantly.
Coming into today Chelsea have conceded 7.6 goals more than expected by xG. By far the worst in the PL - that's down to Kepa. Christ, what a catastrophe he's turned out to be.

ivaldo

Interfering with play isn't simply blocking the goalies vision. Antonio was directly in front of Kepa which meant Kepa could not come forward to close the angle of the shot because if he did he would be standing on the torso of Antonio, who was in an offside position. It's quite simple really.
There was a lot of space between kepa and Antonio. If he wanted to close the angle, then he could have. He chose to stay put.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If anything, he's helping Azpi. There's less of a target to hit, meaning there's less of an area for Azpi to cover. He isn't behind Antonio, he's the same side as the goalscorer.
Fact is, he's having an effect on how Azpi can defend the situation... Whether positively or negatively, the fact that he is doing so makes it offside.

JustinC00

Not sure how they'd cope with Martial-Rashford-Greenwood
Given that that we beat them both times in the league this year on an aggregate of 6-0, i'd say that 2 of of the 3 would have to have a real bad game for them to and even then it might not be enough because the 1 could have a game like Greenwood yesterday with a goal and assist

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Seen a better replay of the penalty incident. Agree now it was clearly a pen.

Disagree with the west ham goal being disallowed though even if it is 'technically correct'

EC689908

Explains why the Leicester fans have disappeared on here
It's gone under the radar but Leicester have only had 17 points in their last 16 games. It was only because they were soo far ahead that its now that anyone has actually taken note of it.

ivaldo

Fact is, he's having an effect on how Azpi can defend the situation... Whether positively or negatively, the fact that he is doing so makes it offside.
He isn't impacting on Azpi being about to block it or not, therefore he isn't interfering with play. If he wasn't there, Azpi still wouldn't have stopped it. He needs to be preventing a player from altering the outcome. If we don't believe Azpi could stop the shot going in, then he can't be interfering with play. There's simply not enough to to overturn the goal with way.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Coming into today Chelsea have conceded 7.6 goals more than expected by xG. By far the worst in the PL - that's down to Kepa. Christ, what a catastrophe he's turned out to be.
4.4 post-shot. So not quite as bad as 7.6, but still horrendous. Worst among all starters in the PL

bondsname

I like Antonio. He is not the best, but he has a unique style. He plays like I imagine Usain Bolt would play.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That ‘tackle’ on Antonio in the build up looked very suspect too

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He isn't impacting on Azpi being about to block it or not, therefore he isn't interfering with play. If he wasn't there, Azpi still wouldn't have stopped it.
That's what people said about the De Gea / Gylfi one... That he wouldn't have saved it regardless. Didn't matter either way cos it still makes an impact on his decision making, and Antonio being in such close proximity to the incident is having an impact on Azpi.

Also, yey goal