Premier League Gameweek 32 + FA Cup QFs

Dudu

Absolutely not hand ball.

But its Spuds so you'll forgive me if I couldn't give a damn :lol:

PoTMS

The first angle shows the ball changing direction as Moura falls over so he's clearly handled it. He's fallen over as a result of a foul though so where do we draw the line?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why is it not a freekick to Spurs then?
That’s what I’m wondering. I can understand the handball decision (harsh, but ok), however, if you’ve overturned the goal surely it’s a FK to Spurs?!

prateik

Most likely not intentional.. but clearly handball.

What on earth are people watching over here? His hand touched it as he was falling.

Rafaeldagold

Have to say that’s ridiculously harsh. Shoved over then the ball was booted against his arm :lol:
I do get that it’s harsh. But just playing devil’s advocate- Yes it was a foul on Moura but that only would’ve led to a free kick & not a goal for spurs..?

Sigma

What on earth are people watching over here? His hand touched it as he was falling.
Yeh it's the correct decision based on the rule, but the handball rule is stupid.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Mourinho meltdown coming in 3..2...1..go!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

I agree with this take, you can’t just fly in, have the ball hit your arm twice, lucky bounce to striker and score.

It’s harsh, but there needs to be some control.

saivet

Jesus Christ. Disallowed for having the ball twatted at your arm from 1 inch away while you're falling flat on your face. :lol:
He touched the ball with his hand when falling over to be fair. Regardless I think they need to review the handball rule.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That’s what I’m wondering. I can understand the handball decision (harsh, but ok), however, if you’ve overturned the goal surely it’s a FK to Spurs?!
Yeah, doesn't make sense to me how you can review one piece of play that isn't allowed and make a decision but ignore something else that isn't allowed at the same time.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I do get that it’s harsh. But just playing devil’s advocate- Yes it was a foul on Moura but that only would’ve led to a free kick & not a goal for spurs..?
Maybe, but the focus is on the handball. I mean there’s ball to hand (old rule in the build up to a goal now!) and then there’s being shoved to the floor and having the ball booted at your hand from a few inches whilst you’re falling to the ground! Ha, oh well feck them

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah but the use of VAR means that each goal is scrutinised to a higher degree than it needs to be. I think VAR needs to do one tbh.
If the law did one we wouldn't have this debate though. Var is more good than bad, I wouldn't scrap it because one law within the game is written too stern.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Do you really think Henderson shouldn't save that?
I think it's irrelevant right now. It wasn't given.

I think he's a young keeper with a big future, a lot to learn and if anyone think he won't make mistakes knows feck all about football.

I think we at present have a keeper who has a potential howler in him every game and doesn't inspire confidence in me as a fan.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Spurs are pretty shit really. We should’ve got all 3 pts

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What is the point of Henderson? Do we seriously think he's united quality? He's not.
I've only really watched their games since the lockdown, but in those he's looked much more like the second coming of Nick Pope than the second coming of Schmeichel.

CallyRed

Kane foaming out the mouth at that decision. More than usual anyways.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I've only really watched their games since the lockdown, but in those he's looked much more like the second coming of Nick Pope than the second coming of Schmeichel.
So judging him on a couple of games after a lengthy lay off, you're able to make that observation that he's useless?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If the law did one we wouldn't have this debate though. Var is more good than bad, I wouldn't scrap it because one law within the game is written too stern.
There’s other reasons why I’d scrap var. I think it’s useful for offsides, but that’s about it. I’m talking really glaring errors too, not agonising for 3 minutes about whether or not someone’s bootlace is offside. Spend 5 seconds looking, give the decision and move on. Other than that, I’d remove it totally tbh. Either that or significantly revamp it, since it doesn’t actually seem to help that much. Most of the time VAR has to agree with the ref anyway for no apparent reason, which totally defeats the object. Remember that penalty Fred should have had against City at home? It should have reversed his yellow and given the pen, but it didn’t. So what’s the point in having it then? It creates just as much controversy as we had before it came in.

I’d either do away with VAR or this handball rule. Either one would be an improvement.