Premier League Gameweek 33-35

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
4 goals, all by English players the oldest being 22. Been a long time since we could say that.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's hard not to be happy with a point at the death but we really need to convert as much of those 0 and 1 points into 3 and Leicester at home was one of the few in the games we have left where we have a chance at 3 points. No chance we get anything at the weekend so it's not a great result at all.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
And he's done it with only an 80 Mn January transfer window budget!
Bruce got loads of money for game changers (at that level) like Wilson, Frazer and ASM yet it was apparently an amazing achievement that he got the a similar amount of points as his predecessor.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It's hard not to be happy with a point at the death but we really need to convert as much of those 0 and 1 points into 3 and Leicester at home was one of the few in the games we have left where we have a chance at 3 points. No chance we get anything at the weekend so it's not a great result at all.
Don't tell me this - tell me Everton showed the kind of fighting spirit that will see them frustrate Liverpool at the weekend. Or at least that your CB won't decide to run up the field after 4 minutes and leave two players completely unmarked in the middle

Blood Mage

Surely Eddie Howe is nailed on for Manager of the Year?

He's taken a side that had 7 points after 14 games and turned them into a side with 40 points after 33 games. That's 0.5 points per game to 1.7 points per game

1.7 points per game is 65 points per season which would get you pretty close to top 4 most seasons.
Newcastle will break into the top 4 much sooner than we might think/hope IMO. They've struck gold with their new manager and signings.

FerociousCorgis

really would love seeing everton go down. Always fun when teams get too comfy to believe they can go down. Looking at their schedule everton are in real trouble.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Who is worth taking from that Everton side apart from Richarlison as a squad player?
Can see Richarlison thriving in Ten Haag's system although he's not the most prolific striker right now (to say the least). Other than that, Godfrey as a squad option and perhaps Gordon as well.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Everton have always been in the first tier of English football right?
Would be quite a year for pool fans if they finally break that strek.
But it may be actually to their detriment, no more guaranteed 6 points a year :lol:

nikineil

Can see Richarlison thriving in Ten Haag's system although he's not the most prolific striker right now (to say the least). Other than that, Godfrey as a squad option and perhaps Gordon as well.
To be fair neither was Haller at West Ham and now look at him. I feel there's hope with Richarlison.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wow, with that run-in (Liverpool, Chelsea and last game with Arsenal) Lankie Frampard is going down.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I found it weird how happy fans, the players and managers were with a point last night and this just makes me feel even more weird about it. 1 point isn’t enough anymore. We need 3 points every game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I found it weird how happy fans, the players and managers were with a point last night and this just makes me feel even more weird about it. 1 point isn’t enough anymore. We need 3 points every game.
Think you're banking on that run of Watford-Brentford-Palace right at end of the season with two wins.

I'd say with what Burnley have left they can certainly get to 35-36 points now and will likely have a better GD so you're in a bit of a trouble if you choke at Goodison and Brentford are in fantastic form currently so that's the sort of game you could easily mess up.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Guess as it was last min it felt like more for you. Really touch and go for you now. Need to turn up for the derby now.

padr81

Supports
Man City
How has Weghorst been so far? Only 2 goals and missed a sitter today.
I think in what I've saw of them (admittedly not much) he's been pretty decent, works hard and defenders always know they've been in a game.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I still don't think you'll go down. I just don't see it. Burnley hitting more than 2 on the xG is a bit of a worry though.

Verward

I still don't think you'll go down. I just don't see it. Burnley hitting more than 2 on the xG is a bit of a worry though.
Will Liverpool come to Everton's aid this Sunday by donating 2 or preferably 3 points so Everton can stay in PL?