Premier League Gameweek 33-35

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes, that's why today's win was very important. If we could get to the NLD with a 5 pts advantage it would almost seal it.
Think you'll do it now. Spurs aren't winning at Anfield. I think they have a very poor record there.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
It's not luck, the bias towards Arsenal is always there from the refs even during their worst seasons.
What rubbish :lol:

I agree Bowen shouldn't have been booked, but in what world does Ramsdale get a red for that. Not even Bowen was unhappy with the decision ffs

BlueHaze

Arsenal will 100% make the CL after this win today. Next gameweek Spurs go to anfield and lose and Arsenal will most likely beat Leeds so thats a 5 point lead and pretty much it. Spurs only hope is that they beat Arsenal and Arsenal then goes an loses to Newcastle.

Kaushal

Arsenal will draw Leeds and spurs will draw Liverpool. Then spurs would beat arsenal in nld. Arsenal also gonna draw at Newcastle. Another 3 game winless coming.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Thought it was an odd decision. Not necessarily Ramsdale should have gone, but Bowen getting booked. He had to go over Ramsdale's leg. Maybe he should just have let him bring him down as leg high enough and Ramsdale would certainly have gone.
I didn’t think it was a a foul or a dive. He rode the challenge but the ball had too much pace on it. It kind of felt like the ref immediately blew his whistle so then had painted himself into a corner and had to do something.

Zen

Why does this only matter if you actually hit the player? That rule seems a bit off.... we've all seen lower and less reckless slides lead to red due to minor contract on the ankle or lower.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I didn’t think it was a a foul or a dive. He rode the challenge but the ball had too much pace on it. It kind of felt like the ref immediately blew his whistle so then had painted himself into a corner and had to do something.
There definitely wasn't any contact, but Bowen had nowhere else to go. Agree play should have just gone on.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal will 100% make the CL after this win today. Next gameweek Spurs go to anfield and lose and Arsenal will most likely beat Leeds so thats a 5 point lead and pretty much it. Spurs only hope is that they beat Arsenal and Arsenal then goes an loses to Newcastle.
Arsenal could drop points to any of the teams we have still left to play.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal could drop points to any of the teams we have still left to play.
With Tavares and Cedric playing we might be lucky to get through our remaining fixtures with 2 wins. Losing Partey, Tierney and with Toma seemingly back on the bench after this one, we look very shaky defensively. We need a draw vs Spurs.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Conte will get a result at Anfield.
Worth noting that when we played Spurs in December (a game Spurs played very well in), we were without Van Dijk and Thiago, played a midfield of Milner, Keita and Morton, and had a very limited bench.

I think this’ll be a very different game.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
With Tavares and Cedric playing we might be lucky to get through our remaining fixtures with 2 wins. Losing Partey, Tierney and with Toma seemingly back on the bench after this one, we look very shaky defensively. We need a draw vs Spurs.
The fact that we've gotten any points at all with Tavares on the pitch is astounding to me.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Sinigor conte, get something out of the pool game and I will never call you a Pep Guardiola is my idol ever again.
Sincerely.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Worth noting that when we played Spurs in December (a game Spurs played very well in), we were without Van Dijk and Thiago, played a midfield of Milner, Keita and Morton, and had a very limited bench.

I think this’ll be a very different game.
I think you’ll beat Spurs, and it’s not out of the question that you win all your remaining league games. But I have to say I think Liverpool are looking tired at the moment. Fully understandable but I think there is a decent chance of a slip up. You are a few levels above everyone you play bar City, and that can sometimes mask things like tiredness but it seems to me like it’s there.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I think you’ll beat Spurs, and it’s not out of the question that you win all your remaining league games. But I have to say I think Liverpool are looking tired at the moment. Fully understandable but I think there is a decent chance of a slip up. You are a few levels above everyone you play bar City, and that can sometimes mask things like tiredness but it seems to me like it’s there.
Looking tired? In our last four games we’ve averaged about 70% possession and largely dominated games. We played an in form Newcastle yesterday and hardly gave them a sniff.

I’m genuinely shocked you think that. I don’t think we look tired at all.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Looking tired? In our last four games we’ve averaged about 70% possession and largely dominated games. We played an in form Newcastle yesterday and hardly gave them a sniff.

Fine that you disagree obviously, but I’m saying what I see with no particular reason to modify my views. In fact I’d quite like to see a quadruple purely on the basis that it may be the only time in my life I see one! Also, don’t you think it would be unusual if you WEREN’T feeling tired? You must admit you play a pretty intensive style of play and you’ve played an awful lot of games.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Obviously Arsenal should aim to finish as high as possible
Agreed. I’d put it pretty much 50/50 for 4th place. I can’t see anyone catching Chelsea. My point was more that aiming for 4th means aiming to win all your remaining games, much like aiming for 3rd. I’d like to see Arteta do it, I think he gets a ridiculous amount of unreasonable crap on here.

Billy Bullcrap

Supports
Wrexham
If Chelsea play like that for the final few games they will struggle to make top 4. Pathetic display.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Fine that you disagree obviously, but I’m saying what I see with no particular reason to modify my views. In fact I’d quite like to see a quadruple purely on the basis that it may be the only time in my life I see one! Also, don’t you think it would be unusual if you WEREN’T feeling tired? You must admit you play a pretty intensive style of play and you’ve played an awful lot of games.
We’ve rotated well. Against Newcastle we were able to bring in Matip, Gomez, Milner, Keita and Jota whilst resting players like Thiago, Fabinho, Salah and Alexander-Arnold. Klopp’s managed the squad well for the most part.

We’re also not as intense as people think we are. Someone posted in the Liverpool thread that we actually run less than United, but are better coached so our pressing (or chasing as it’s apparently called) is more effective with less leg work needed.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Just realized Spurs have to go to Anfield. Which means Arsenal could even afford to lose against Spurs.
But also Arsenal have to go to in-form Newcastle, which is just as tough. Third and fourth place are still very much open battles.

Last edited:

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Still all to play for.

Tbh this is the first season for a while where we're down to the final 4 games, and all 3 of: The league, top 4, and relegation are to play for and all extreamly tight. Will be a really good last 3 weeks.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I don't think he's totally wrong because I also thought that Robertson and Diaz looked absolutely exhausted by the end of the game Saturday but the rest looked ok.

Klopp (Or the fitness or conditioning guys) seems to have got the formula right between play/ rest for the majority of your players this season (Although the bigger squad/ easier champions league draws probably help).

Last edited:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
So after this weekend it looks like the top 5 is firmly established for the forseeable future and 4th is up for grabs. I guess we can call the teams the big 5 now.