Premier League Gameweek 33-35

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Instead the opposition give up in the tunnel and squander any chances they do get to punish Liverpool and their high line.
The only team that that squandered chances were actually Liverpool. They should have won by a much higher score.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Completely different really. Schar kicks Milner. I'm a City and really want these feckers to drop points but that was a fair goal.
At worst it was unsporting they didn't put the ball out for an injury.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Or if it was used in the first place
VAR looks at everything. Its been stated multiple times. The VAR probably had a quick look and thought "Subjective decision, no intervention." He may even have thought "I'd have given a red for that" but as long as he didn't think "clear and obvious stonewall red" the on field decision stands.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Or if it was used in the first place
VAR is used as a matter of course. How are we still talking like this after 3 years? It checks it as part of how VAR is used. It didn’t overturn the on-field decision so it goes without comment.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The Milner challenge was fair. He was the ball. Got kicked by the late Newcastle player.

Mané wasn’t a red.

I’d be fascinated to see what metric you’re using to suggest VAR favours Liverpool. The tables I’ve seen over the past year or so indicate Liverpool are unlucky with VAR.
You would say that, I have never known or met a Liverpool fan that wasn't blatantly biased.

Kiru

Supports
Liverpool
Thank you @mu4c_20le for pointing me to someone I actually can send the video that clearly shows Schar kicked milner not otherwise. Being unable to post it was killing me.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
So Watford have decided now that they're dead and buried, to not be complete shite anymore. Really looking forward to having them and Norwich back in 2023/24. :rolleyes:

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
How are we still talking like this after 3 years?
Wilful ignorance.

Same as how some allege PEDs and then ignore stats that show that Liverpool cover less ground than their opponents and press less etc that are posted by their fellow United fans.

I'm assuming it's a coping mechanism but it comes across terribly.

mu4c_20le

Thank you for pointing me to someone I actually can send the video that clearly shows Schar kicked milner not otherwise. Being unable to post it was killing me.
Everyone saw that on tv. But it was milners scissor follow through that was the problem.

Hoof the ball

You would say that, I have never known or met a Liverpool fan that wasn't blatantly biased.
Oh gosh, so true. So, so true. My friend is a Liverpool fan. Prides himself as an objective, fact-adhering scientific type. That is, until something happens to benefit Liverpool, and all objectivity and rationality goes completely out the window.

Takes the opposite view. Thinks Liverpool are the ones hard done by decisions in almost every game.

Mane elbow in FA Cup? "Not a red for me".
Mane shove in the face? "Not a red for me."
Mane avoiding 2nd yellow at Stamford Bridge? "Not a 2nd yellow for me."
Mane stud at around thigh/knee height? "Not a red for me."

Showed him the Roma semi from 2018/19. None of the 3/4 clear penalties and/or potential 2nd yellows were sufficient enough for him to admit that decisions went his way.

There's literally never a situation where anything is deserved against his team.

On the contrary, every change of wind direction is some form of robbery for him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wilful ignorance.

Same as how some allege PEDs and then ignore stats that show that Liverpool cover less ground than their opponents and press less etc that are posted by their fellow United fans.

I'm assuming it's a coping mechanism but it comes across terribly.
Your supports says Racing Club fan but your words say Liverpool fan.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
There’s folk on this website preoccupied with every decision that goes Liverpool’s way even in a game where it was barely a contest. Obsessive VAR talk and even weird stuff about doping. All this in the backdrop of most predicting Liverpool would finish behind United at the start of the season. Yet very little admission that this Liverpool side are excellent - just blinkered ref-chat.

But I’m the blind one? Ok.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Your supports says Racing Club fan but your words say Liverpool fan.
:lol:

Sorry that not buying into bizarre conspiracy theories vs Actual facts and statistics makes me a Liverpool fan.

Anustart89

nothing more than a yellow really. a strong yellow perhaps but it wasn’t dangerous
When did flying in with an outstretched leg and catching your opponent with a full sole of studs above the ankle become a yellow? I mean I understand there’s been a rule change since Keita got away with one against Chelsea, Fabinho one against City and Mané today. I just can’t remember when the rules were changed?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
:lol:

Sorry that not buying into bizarre conspiracy theories vs Actual facts and statistics makes me a Liverpool fan.
Nah you're definitely a Liverpool fan, even just going through your first 2/3 pages of your post history shows that, 95% of your posts are defending Liverpool :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When did flying in with an outstretched leg and catching your opponent with a full sole of studs above the ankle become a yellow? I mean I understand there’s been a rule change since Keita got away with one against Chelsea, Fabinho one against City and Mané today. I just can’t remember when the rules were changed?
Goalkeeper is down low is he not? foot was dangling out for the ball rather than a full on stamp. There is obviously contact but every situation is different.

Football is a contact sport and sometimes these things happen. It's bordering a red but it's not quite enough for me.

This would be the perfect 'orange card' (yellow + 5/10 min sin bin) that football needs to introduce.

Anustart89

The Milner challenge was fair. He was the ball. Got kicked by the late Newcastle player.

Mané wasn’t a red.

I’d be fascinated to see what metric you’re using to suggest VAR favours Liverpool. The tables I’ve seen over the past year or so indicate Liverpool are unlucky with VAR.
How do you reckon Mané’s wasn’t a red card? Outstretched leg, late in, studs on the knees of the opponent.

VAR for/against is useless anyway because a team can have terrible decisions called their way on the pitch but if VAR does nothing it doesn’t go on the table as a VAR call. For example, if Mané stays on after slapping a guy and then poking another in the eye and VAR is happy with a yellow card, then that doesn’t count as a decision for Liverpool. Had he been sent off for either of those incidents it would’ve counted as “calls against” Liverpool, but what would that have said about Liverpool being shafted by the refs? Absolutely nothing.

A team getting 20 VAR penalties in a season will have people believe that they are being favoured by the referees, while actually that team has had 20 clear and obvious errors called against them on the pitch and may have god knows how many calls against them that never went to VAR anyway.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Nah you're definitely a Liverpool fan, even just going through your first 2/3 pages of your post history shows that, 95% of your posts are defending Liverpool :lol:
I'm not actually defending anything, I'm getting in to discussions around doping and conspiracy theory.

I don't think there was a referring conspiracy theory when you were successful either.

I don't care if City or Liverpool win the league or champions league.

I've also defended Arteta and Tuchel at times , I don't think that means that I'm a Chelsea or Arsenal fan.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He missed the first one earlier and took another, went the same corner. Not many people would have the bottle.
I know. I meant more they keep missing penalties, so one was bound to go in eventually. Where you put them is always a risk. He took the risk.

Idxomer

Craig Pawson is really a shit ref, haven't seen so much blind reffing before.