Premier League Gameweek 33-35

Anustart89

Goalkeeper is down low is he not? foot was dangling out for the ball rather than a full on stamp. There is obviously contact but every situation is different.

Football is a contact sport and sometimes these things happen. It's bordering a red but it's not quite enough for me.

This would be the perfect 'orange card' (yellow + 5/10 min sin bin) that football needs to introduce.
Almost any situation where a player’s studs make contact with a player is caused by the offending player stretching for the ball. That doesn’t make it less dangerous to plant your studs on another player. I mean, we’ve now seen Fabinho get away with studs on ankles, Mané get away with studs on knees and Keita with studs in crotch in about a month. When is it a red to put your studs on someone? Is it only if you stud someone in the head and brain matter starts pouring out on the pitch? I thought we were pretty much in agreement that studs up tackles were dangerous but somehow they’ve become less dangerous and usually a yellow over the past season, despite the rules being pretty clear on what constitutes “endangering the safety of an opponent”. The fact that referees keep handing out yellow cards means players keep stretching for loose balls in a dangerous manner and when someone breaks an ankle everyone’s going to go “oh we didn’t see that happening”. The entire point to punish every studs up tackle or tackles that are “out of control” is to protect players and teach players to tackle in another way, yet now refs are protecting offenders rather than victims of poor tackles.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Almost any situation where a player’s studs make contact with a player is caused by the offending player stretching for the ball. That doesn’t make it less dangerous to plant your studs on another player. I mean, we’ve now seen Fabinho get away with studs on ankles, Mané get away with studs on knees and Keita with studs in crotch in about a month. When is it a red to put your studs on someone? Is it only if you stud someone in the head and brain matter starts pouring out on the pitch? I thought we were pretty much in agreement that studs up tackles were dangerous but somehow they’ve become less dangerous and usually a yellow over the past season, despite the rules being pretty clear on what constitutes “endangering the safety of an opponent”. The fact that referees keep handing out yellow cards means players keep stretching for loose balls in a dangerous manner and when someone breaks an ankle everyone’s going to go “oh we didn’t see that happening”. The entire point to punish every studs up tackle or tackles that are “out of control” is to protect players and teach players to tackle in another way, yet now refs are protecting offenders rather than victims of poor tackles.
Not every situation is the same though. I wouldn't say todays is a red.

The Keita one against us should have been. I can't remember all the examples but force/situation makes a big difference IMO. Studs is always 'dangerous' and running the risk of being more than a yellow though, agreed.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The only team that that squandered chances were actually Liverpool. They should have won by a much higher score.
I wasn't referring to the game today. I'm talking in general this season. They've not been punished on the few occasions they've made errors at the back. Opposition always fluff it. Likely for psychological reasons because they are playing Liverpool

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I don't get it. What am I looking at and comparing? In this clip Lacazette does nothing wrong and is scythed down with a high foot.

In Milner's case he's clearly won the ball, feet low down enough. Then gets an almighty kick from the defender. The question here is why is the defender kicking Milner? Should the defender have got a yellow?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You are quite right, not a penalty. It's a free kick and a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity.

How many games will TAA miss? Oh wait, it wasn't given.
Goal scoring? For running to the corner flag? I think I'm beginning to understand where the problems lie at Man Utd now. :lol:

Irwin99

Well, we're almost certainly getting European football of some description next season.

diarm

Bloody Wolves losing at home to Brighton. There goes our last chance of avoiding Thursday night football.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Blatant favouritism for the sake of a title race.
That’s the kind of crap Liverpool fans used to say about United when you were winning everything.

I didn’t watch our game but it’s another example of us dominating a game in terms of shots and possession. The fact that Milner could play and it doesn’t impact us speaks volumes about how good Klopp is. Any other manager and we’d probably struggle.

Big game for City now.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Villa are such a strange team to watch, they play some great stuff in attack but are extremely wasteful.

They also seem to vary between looking relatively solid in midfield to looking wide open in the space of 3 minutes.

The less said about Ming's the better.

mu4c_20le

That’s the kind of crap Liverpool fans used to say about United when you were winning everything.

I didn’t watch our game but it’s another example of us dominating a game in terms of shots and possession. The fact that Milner could play and it doesn’t impact us speaks volumes about how good Klopp is. Any other manager and we’d probably struggle.

Big game for City now.
You won the lottery with Klopp. Everything he says and coaches seems to make sense with the players and they are willing to run through walls for him.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
You are quite right, not a penalty. It's a free kick and a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity.

How many games will TAA miss? Oh wait, it wasn't given.
So not a yellow and penalty? Ok