Premier League Gameweek 33-35

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Refs need to be more strict on time wasting.
TBF 8 minutes plus was played and there were only about 4 subs in that second half and one goal so pretty much six minutes was added on for the time wasting which is about right for me.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How did Pickford do?
Some people raving on about his perfect.
Yep had one of his hot games second half. Miracle save after the double post shot and then really good block from Rudiger straight after.

He's up and down in a league season but plays on emotional as we see in international tournaments and Everton certainly need all that currently.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yep had one of his hot games second half. Miracle save after the double post shot and then really good block from Rudiger straight after.

He's up and down in a league season but plays on emotional as we see in international tournaments and Everton certainly need all that currently.
Honestly he's an enigma to me.
Always looks like a ticking bomb but his international performances have been pretty good, looks a lot more shaky in everton though.
They definitely need him to be on peak condition if they want to survive this, as you said yourself.

Classical Mechanic

I think that’s the essential issue with Pickford. On his day he’s world class but he’s too emotional. I’ve seen him play for England and pass the ball at the highest level but then next game spaffing the ball into row Z. He’s hugely volatile in his levels.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Ah ok. I forgot about Chelsea's support of genocide. Fair enough.
:lol: You have a cracking sense of humour pal. Never fail to make me laugh.

Chelsea have a great side, but it just shows what happens when your mind is even 10% off the job. Everton worked their backsides off, and deserved to win.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think that’s the essential issue with Pickford. On his day he’s world class but he’s too emotional. I’ve seen him play for England and pass the ball at the highest level but then next game spaffing the ball into row Z. He’s hugely volatile in his levels.
Any England fan would take Pickford over any international keeper post Seaman in last 20 years given likes of Rob Green and Hart were solid at club level but started chucking them in as soon as the tournaments started.

Pickford in last euros only conceded a 25 yard free kick and scrambled corner in the final. And also saved as many penalties as Donnarumma did in the shoot out. Did fine in world cup 2018 aswell so he's the least of Southgate's concerns regardless of how he does at club level.

Classical Mechanic

Any England fan would take Pickford over any international keeper post Seaman in last 20 years given likes of Rob Green and Hart were solid at club level but started chucking them in as soon as the tournaments started.

Pickford in last euros only conceded a 25 yard free kick and scrambled corner in the final. And also saved as many penalties as Donnarumma did in the shoot out. Did fine in world cup 2018 aswell so he's the least of Southgate's concerns regardless of how he does at club level.
He’s been great for England no question. Arguably the best player from 2018 onwards. I’m talking about in the league though. To be a top player you have to bring your highest level consistently. Pickford is too emotional and has wild fluctuations in form.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He’s been great for England no question. Arguably the best player from 2018 onwards. I’m talking about in the league though. To be a top player you have to bring your highest level consistently. Pickford is too emotional and has wild fluctuations in form.
Would actually still be interesting if Everton went down what prem clubs would be interested in signing him, perhaps Leicester as long term Schmeichel replacement but rest are pretty set. You'd assume he'd have to move unless Southgate shows incredible loyalty to him.

Dudu

Woah. Just saw the triple save on my twitter feed.

Commentary makes it even better.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I have always said his mental game is what stops him from being a good keeper. The T. rex stuff is funny but it doesn’t stop him from being a good keeper, it’s his mental game that does.

Classical Mechanic

Would actually still be interesting if Everton went down what prem clubs would be interested in signing him, perhaps Leicester as long term Schmeichel replacement but rest are pretty set. You'd assume he'd have to move unless Southgate shows incredible loyalty to him.
I think Ramsdale is similar. Capable of being a top all round keeper but hasn't been able to do it consistently.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Pickford definitely deserves his place in the national team, has been incredibly consistent there.
His club form can be utter shite at times though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know not us - but what club do you think Pickford goes to if Everton go down?

Newcastle?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I know not us - but what club do you think Pickford goes to if Everton go down?

Newcastle?
West Ham could do with a Fabianski replacement in the near future. He's getting on.