Premier League Gameweek 34-35

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Think people think he dives a bit.
It's pretty clear that diving and pettiness is part of Arsenal's tactics. They fake injuries to stop play to have a meeting, they fake injuries to stop play to reorganize, they foul dirty. They basically take advantage of every gray area or part of the rulebook which the referees should enforce but don't.

For me that's what makes them unlikeable. They constantly highlight the worst parts of the rulebook and the officiating.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's pretty clear that diving and pettiness is part of Arsenal's tactics. They fake injuries to stop play to have a meeting, they fake injuries to stop play to reorganize, they foul dirty. They basically take advantage of every gray area or part of the rulebook which the referees should enforce but don't.

For me that's what makes them unlikeable. They constantly highlight the worst parts of the rulebook and the officiating.
Tbh, every single team has its set of divers and cheaters

ForFuchsSake

Spurs are such a naive side and I can’t see that changing with Ange in charge as he sticks so firmly to his philosophy.

They might improve next season simply on account of having better personnel but their season will still be littered with drubbings like this. The overrating of Van De Ven and Romero has been laughable aswell - particularly the latter. Neither hold a candle to Saliba or Gabriel.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

It's from the City training manual. Wish we would stop play and do tactical fouling sometime. We might not get walked through so much.

Sylar

Never understood the hatred for Arteta, has he done or said something against United or what?

Partey and Zinchenko are understandable for off-field reasons.

Saka is a very likeable character IMO.
I think arteta is unlikeable but I'd probably like him if he was our manager tbh.

I don't get the saka dislike though.

Irrational.

Tbf, Lego Pep has learnt from one of the most cynical managers in the modern game, Original Pep (OP).

wr8_utd

:'(
So City probably hoping for United to do them a favor vs Arsenal and Arsenal hoping for Spurs to do them a favor vs City.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Never understood the hatred for Arteta, has he done or said something against United or what?

Partey and Zinchenko are understandable for off-field reasons.

Saka is a very likeable character IMO.
I agree with you about those 3 players. Arteta? He is always crying and moaning. While getting decisions in his way too.
Yeah, he is annoying.

erikcred

So City probably hoping for United to do them a favor vs Arsenal and Arsenal hoping for Spurs to do them a favor vs City.
City don't have to hope for anything. As of now their fate is in their hands.

Unam333

Tottenham not doing better than United then. 3 goals behind and the second half still to play.

Nickelodeon

I can’t explain why but I felt more comfortable rooting for City over Liverpool in the previous title races than Arsenal over City in this one.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
What sort of television are you watching this match from? Just curious
Just the standard Viaplay feed. I assume it's the same for all. Saw an angle from around the corner flag where Trossard clips the feet of Kulusevki which trips him up. Didn't find clip of it on reddit yet but it was around 29.20 on the match clock.

Pintu

Spurs have looked the better side for 41 of 42 minutes and find themselves 3-0 down.
No they haven’t… they look clueles every time they lose the ball, Arteta has them exactly where he wants them.

BorisManUtd

Only started watching from around 35th minute but Arsenal have been defending brilliantly and seems like Spurs can't create much.

If we weren't so poor we'd be finishing at least 5th. Shame.

SATA

ETH's dream, leaving on a high, gifting City the title with a massive smile in his post-game interview.
If your lot can’t beat us in our current state if it comes down to just this one game, you absolutely do not deserve to win the title:lol:

Telsim

Had we won yesterday, we could have caught up with Spurs for fifth place :mad:
Not really. The ones catching up to Spurs will ultimately be Newcastle, not us. Even if we had beaten Burnley with a jammy goal, we still would have picked up no more than a point in the remaining games. So, no reason to stress it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Someone said earlier about what Arsenal do at corners. You are right. All at back post and then when ball comes in run towards the front post. Clever.

erikcred

If your lot can’t beat us in our current state if it comes down to just this one game, you absolutely do not deserve to win the title:lol:
They just have to survive our unbelievably powerful 22 min onslaught. The rest of the game is for them to do as they please. We'd have ticked off the the dynamic play box for ETH. That's all that matters.