Premier League Gameweek 34-35

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The key difference between Arsenal and ourselves is the level of organisation both in and out of possession. Everyone knows their role, and there isn’t a reliance on fate or a dash of skilful magic to carve a breakthrough. This translates into confidence in the way they control the ball even at the back when under pressure.

Arteta is purposefully pragmatic. ETH is painfully naive.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The key difference between Arsenal and ourselves is the level of organisation both in and out of possession. Everyone knows their role, and there isn’t a reliance on fate or a dash of skilful magic to carve a breakthrough. This translates into confidence in the way they control the ball even at the back when under pressure.

Yet it keeps getting pointed out that Spurs have had 2 weeks off to get themselves organised for this game.

Superunknown

Will be interesting to see what happens if Spurs get a goal. I can see Arsenal getting carried away and already looking at the next fixture before this one is done.

leontas

Had we won yesterday, we could have caught up with Spurs for fifth place :mad:
We’d still be 4 points behind. And we’d still need to continue winning in our last 4 games. Where we face tougher opponents than Burnley.

The sad reality is that we knew Spurs would drop points as they had a tough run-in. Yet we haven’t acted in getting rid of ETH earlier in the season to give us a chance to catch them.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Not being in the Champions League doesn't bother me. Don't know why are so hung about it. We struggle against the likes of Burnley and Coventry so we can forget about Europe's elite.

The attracting players is a load of nonsense anyway because we piss away money on rubbish regardless of Champions League qualification

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Just throwing this out there - but I reckon the fact they’ve had Saliba and Gabriel fit the entire season with Rice sitting in front of them may also be a factor. That’s just a hunch though - there is absolutely zero evidence to suggest Arsenal are a far inferior team without Saliba…well apart from their form completely collapsing last year without him. Maybe football isn’t chess and player quality does actually matter then? Who knew.

always_hoping

Ange Postecoglou side aren't hard to score against and he shouldn't be in the conversation for any team that has plans to challenge for major honours.

Supports
Chelsea
People forget that when Arteta first took over Arsenal they were an extremely defensive team with Aubameyang upfront who was in the form of his life. He's just gone back to his MO, with a much better team and hard to defend set piece routines. They score so many goals not from being great going forward, but once they get a goal infront they can just pick teams off at will. Extremely similar to our early Mourinho days, but maybe without as talented players and more workhorses.

didz

Obviously the squad Arteta has helps him massively, but credit to him for his big game 442. If they do win the league everyone will be playing it next season.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Eh, wasn't that handball by white? Went to take FK twice then grabbed it and moved it to pass it a different direction?

erikcred

I can’t explain why but I felt more comfortable rooting for City over Liverpool in the previous title races than Arsenal over City in this one.
I'm with you. I'd feel more comfortable if Arsenal were just about winning games, giving their fans a lot of nervy moments. Not this, just sauntering (probably) to the title with comfortable wins.

SirAF

Ageist
I'm with you. I'd feel more comfortable if Arsenal were just about winning games, giving their fans a lot of nervy moments. Not this, just sauntering (probably) to the title with comfortable wins.
Probably? I'd back City to win their remaining matches.

Nickelodeon

I'll like to see if anyone still thinks Robert De Zebri is a good manager.
I do. You’d have to be quite blinkered to ignore all the good work he’s done. Brighton have a massive injury crisis during a season where they’ve sold their midfield and rarely had the first choice forwards available. Currently relative to their previous season, they are missing Caicedo, Macallister, Mitoma, Ferguson, Estupinan from the top of my head. He may be a good manager but you can’t expect all these situations to not have an impact.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Iraola has done very well to do that considering it took until the 10th march day to win a game.
If there were given awards for manager of the 2nd half of the season... probably still Arteta but Iraola would be up there. They play good football too.