Premier League Gameweek 34

always_hoping

And Sheffield United beat us at Old Trafford. So they should be winning the league soon should they?
Irrelevant. Patched up United defence that wouldn't have lost if the officials did their job.

Palace also drew 2-2 away to City last year and drew with their side that finished the 2017/18 season with 100 points.

When they put in the effort they are tough to beat, when they roll over teams stroll to victory as with 8 changes even City managed to do this afternoon.

Crustanoid

Like most teams, CP played their cup final vs us and can barely be bothered to try vs City. The disadvantage of our respective footballing heritage

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
I couldn’t care less about xG mate I’m not interested, I don’t watch them every game, maybe I should have said every time I’ve watched them play I haven’t been impressed, all the “underlying stats” will obviously be in their favour they’re top of the league, doesn’t mean they impress me personally does it?

Every time I’ve watched them they pass it round for an hour then get a jammy goal, teams don’t have a go at them like United, Leicester and Leeds did, they just sit deep and wait for the inevitable. I’m not disputing the fact they’re top and have the best stats am I? Think you’re the one with the “strange take”
It’s not a take though, everything that he mentioned is statistically correct and he’s just highlighting it.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
So, is it actually possible that City win the league during social media boycott? :lol:

Obviously I hope we'll delay it at least one week and will make it harder for Liverpool to qualify to Europa League, but still.. the timing :lol:

Perseus

BHA vs Leeds HT 1-0

BHA need 3 new strikers, Maupay, Welbeck, Trossard all should have scored. Leeds could win this.

PS: Veltman misses a big chance 46 mins.

Ben White and Maupay miss good chances.

Last edited:

Odin

It’s not a take though, everything that he mentioned is statistically correct and he’s just highlighting it.
But their style of play doesn't impress him, and he is the one and only to judge on that specific matter. Agree? I hold the same view myself. Pep's City is fluent, impressive, effective and somewhat boring. Much of their play looks like a well rehearsed training ground drill.

My preference is for the more direct football we play under Ole. Add some quality, assertiveness and cohesion and we've got the full package. Off the boil we may look somewhat lost, but when we're on... we're on fire! :keano:

miked99

Relegation battle done and dusted really. The other 'contenders' outside the bottom 3 have been a lot stronger than normal. Normally 36 points wouldn't be far off a survival total. This season 4th bottom are on that total with five games to go.

Perseus

Peach of a turn.
BHA 2-0 FT
Fulham and WBA need miracles now. Leeds played self destruct but Brighton needed 10 good chances to get 2 goals. Decent strikers and it could have been a nap hand. Leeds pressing game is not very attractive.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Garth Crooks looks more like Jabba The Hutt every day. Expect to see him licking Alex Scott on screen soon

b20times

Us and Man City have both spent over a billion since 2013, they are looking at their 5th title in the last 10 years or 3 in the last 4 years.
We are nowhere near.
Something amiss here.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Can’t say that I’m all that excited for tomorrow. Feels like we aren’t getting top four and United are finishing 2nd.

Credit to anyone who knows the last time a competitive United Liverpool game wasn’t on tv.

BorisManUtd

Thought Fulham could make it difficult for Chelsea, not sure now after that Brighton result. At least Fulham will most probably be relegated by the time we play them, want us to pick as many points as possible, even if it doesn't mean much other than securing 2nd place finish.

edit: though the fact that Brighton won doesn't change things for Fulham, they'll still be looking to catch Burnley od Newcastle as improbable as it is.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Mount is a hell of a player. Some really good young talent in that area of the pitch for England. Mount, Saka, Greenwood, Foden. Shame they all play similar positions.

edcunited1878

Great touch by Mount, but that was horrific defending by Andersen....just ball watching and never engaged with the high ball.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Fantastic pass from Silva, great control & pass from Mount.

Tony247

Havertz looks like finally getting hang of PL. Werner is still shite.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good touch by Mount but I expect most players to do that, especially when the CB are hopelessly ball watching.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mount has always been a very good talent. For some reason the caf decided he was mediocre in those threads comparing him to other players.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Mount has always been a very good talent. For some reason the caf decided he was mediocre in those threads comparing him to other players.
not just the caf
i seen chelsea fans who slated him as lampards son too

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Do Chelsea have the most underwhelming derby ties in English football ?