• 3Rúben Dias
  • 8Gündogan
  • 11Zinchenko
  • 13Steffen
  • 17De Bruyne
  • 20Bernardo Silva
  • 26Mahrez
  • 47Foden
Fricking hell. Just the salaries (including the dodgy offshore payments) for that bench would make other whole first team PL squads weep.

kiristao

Sterling's wastefulness in front of goal really doesn't get talked much does it. Everytime I watch him, he misses 2/3 pretty good chances by taking too many touches.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Sterling's wastefulness in front of goal really doesn't get talked much does it. Everytime I watch him, he misses 2/3 pretty good chances by taking too many touches.
He’s been like that for years.

Cast5

He thinks AWB still plays for Palace.

Cast5

Pundits at half time are shockingly biased, if United had put in the performance city just have they’d be ripping us to bits.

bsCallout

Palace have had more shots and City have had none on target. . . Are palace playing the low block?

Cast5

They’ve been absolutely shite, 2 shots on target 2 goals, I haven’t been impressed with these cnuts all season, remind me of Liverpool last year.

always_hoping

2-0 down at home to City's 2nd string side, I hope Hodgson and his Palace side are relegated next season.

Pagh Wraith

They’ve been absolutely shite, 2 shots on target 2 goals, I haven’t been impressed with these cnuts all season, remind me of Liverpool last year.
Such a strange take. They have the most shots, most shots on target, highest xG, most goals, fewest shots conceded, fewest shots on target conceded, fewest goals conceded and lowest xG conceded in the number one domestic league competition in the world. If this is not impressive then I really don't know what is. Unless you're expecting even better numbers but I'm not sure that would be fair.

Shark

@NotShark
They're a cheat code team and Pep is a chequebook manager. Not catching them any time soon.

Guy Incognito

Klopp rinsed his first XI over two years, if anything it was hard not to be impressed they won the title given the depth City has/had.

Cast5

Such a strange take. They have the most shots, most shots on target, highest xG, most goals, fewest shots conceded, fewest shots on target conceded, fewest goals conceded and lowest xG conceded in the number one domestic league competition in the world. If this is not impressive then I really don't know what is. Unless you're expecting even better numbers but I'm not sure that would be fair.
I couldn’t care less about xG mate I’m not interested, I don’t watch them every game, maybe I should have said every time I’ve watched them play I haven’t been impressed, all the “underlying stats” will obviously be in their favour they’re top of the league, doesn’t mean they impress me personally does it?

Every time I’ve watched them they pass it round for an hour then get a jammy goal, teams don’t have a go at them like United, Leicester and Leeds did, they just sit deep and wait for the inevitable. I’m not disputing the fact they’re top and have the best stats am I? Think you’re the one with the “strange take”

Pagh Wraith

I couldn’t care less about xG mate I’m not interested, I don’t watch them every game, that’s why I said when I’ve watched them play I haven’t been impressed, all the “underlying stats” will obviously be in their favour they’re top of the league, doesn’t mean they impress me personally does it?

Every time I’ve watched them they pass it round for an hour then get a jammy goal, teams don’t have a go at them like United, Leicester and Leeds did, they just sit deep and wait for the inevitable. I’m not disputing the fact they’re top and have the best stats am I? Think you’re the one with the “strange take”
Strangely, their passing it round for an hour seems to generate an awfully high amount of good chances. But you've got it all figured out.

Cast5

Strangely, their passing it round for an hour seems to generate an awfully high amount of good chances. But you've got it all figured out.
Doesn’t mean it impresses me personally does it? Am I missing something here?

EDIT: I’ll reply later @Pagh Wraith I’ve ran out of posts mate.

Last edited:

FatTails

Nah. A right winger and a defensive mid and we’ll catch them just fine.
This freak season aside, the last 3 seasons, the champions amassed 98-100 points.

Maybe I’m a pessimist but I don’t see us getting that kind of points tally just by signing two players.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This freak season aside, the last 3 seasons, the champions amassed 98-100 points.

Maybe I’m a pessimist but I don’t see us getting that kind of points tally just by signing two players.
I think those two signings gain us 10 additional points at least putting us in the high 80s. You never know whether City or others will be able to hit that threshold.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
When is this gonna end. 5 leagues in ten years now.

Behave yourself, It not so long ago Palace beat a full strength City away.
Back in 2018, it was a fluke. Townsend scored a worldie he probably hasn't scored a better goal since.

Also before that they hadn't won away at City for 28yrs.

gibers

Nah. A right winger and a defensive mid and we’ll catch them just fine.
Their individual players aren't better than ours. Pep makes them look better than they are. If we didn't mess up in the group stage I would back us to beat any of the teams in the CL Sfs, which is what annoys me so much watching it now.

City have a lot of B level players that Pep coaches to play in his system. This is by far the worst title winning squad he has had in his time as a manager imo.