Premier League Gameweek 35-37 + FA Cup semis

Deery

Dreary
El Gashi misses from about a yard out, when it was easier to score..

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
What I don't understand is the doom and gloom after the Southampton game. Even if we had won, we'd still have to go and win tonight or else we'd be 5th again.

The Southampton game is done, it still stands that if we win our games we're in the Top 4. We'll beat Leicester, they've looked average for a while now. No chance that backline deals with our front 4.

We'll learn more about our squad in these last 3 games than all season. If we can't beat Palace, West Ham and Leicester then what's the point us being in the CL anyway?

We qualified for the CL with Jose through the Europa League and were knocked out by Sevilla in the second round. CL qualification isn't everything. Trust what we're seeing on the pitch, it's been better than what we've seen for years.
One definite positive about playing Leicester is they are without their first choice centre-back. They're playing Wes Morgan who you fancy Rashford and Martial to at least run at him.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
People are being so hard on United because of the Southampton result. We had won the previous 4 games in a row and won them well.

I understand the frustration at such a bad start to the season, but 13 out of 15 points after the restart is excellent. We need a win today, but if we get it, we are in a position I didn’t even think was possible.

Mike Smalling

There is no chance of Leicester beating Spurs away with Son in form and Wes Morgan at the back. I don’t understand why people are so interested in Leicester, it’s about United’s own results. If one cannot beat Soton at home when it really matters, perhaps CL isn’t the place for this team. Palace will be easy though, they are absolute shit.
Fully agree. If we cannot win our next two games, and then get whatever results is needed against Leicester, then we do not deserve the CL spot anyway. And if all else fails, we can still get in through the EL, which we should have a pretty good chance of winning.

joedirt87

What I don't understand is the doom and gloom after the Southampton game. Even if we had won, we'd still have to go and win tonight or else we'd be 5th again.

The Southampton game is done, it still stands that if we win our games we're in the Top 4. We'll beat Leicester, they've looked average for a while now. No chance that backline deals with our front 4.

We'll learn more about our squad in these last 3 games than all season. If we can't beat Palace, West Ham and Leicester then what's the point us being in the CL anyway?

We qualified for the CL with Jose through the Europa League and were knocked out by Sevilla in the second round. CL qualification isn't everything. Trust what we're seeing on the pitch, it's been better than what we've seen for years.
it's doom and gloom because this could be a repeat of last season, a repeat of 2016. the teams vying for the last 1 or 2 champions league spots being allergic to securing the spot.

Redlyn

I'd rather get knocked out early in the cl because we suck than face another season playing the likes of BackwatersStan FC on Thursdays.

But you are right there is no need for gloom. It's still in our hands.

Deery

Dreary
People are being so hard on United because of the Southampton result. We had won the previous 4 games in a row and won them well.

I understand the frustration at such a bad start to the season, but 13 out of 15 points after the restart is excellent. We need a win today, but if we get it, we are in a position I didn’t even think was possible.
How can it be when we dropped 4 points?
Spurs and Southampton

cyberman

Just win, thats all we have to do tonight.
Although this performance guarentees mass changes on Sunday. We cant sustain this for another 10 days

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
@Chelsea fans

Are you expecting Frank to put out a strong team for the semi-final or prioritize the league and play a mixture of youth and reserves?

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
@Chelsea fans

Are you expecting Frank to put out a strong team for the semi-final or prioritize the league and play a mixture of youth and reserves?
My concern is the back line against an inform martial and rashford but he’ll go with a strong team. Can’t see him wanting to lose 4 times in the same season to rivals.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: oppo fans suggesting we’ve had the benefit of VAR after the decisions we’ve had go against us recently

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
My concern is the back line against an inform martial and rashford but he’ll go with a strong team. Can’t see him wanting to lose 4 times in the same season to rivals.
Hmm.

I was kinda hoping there would be a gentlemen's agreement between the managers to play weakened teams.

Lee565

Of course Southampton are losing against the mighty Brighton, typical of teams raising their game against us and then flopping in the next fixture.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: oppo fans suggesting we’ve had the benefit of VAR after the decisions we’ve had go against us recently
I think you've had more go your way than we have. Swings and roundabouts though. Everyone is struggling to comprehend the inconsistency from referee's/VAR this season.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
ESPN article the other day said out of the 7 subjective decisions Utd have had go to VAR, you've had 6 of them go in your favour.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
ESPN article the other day said out of the 7 subjective decisions Utd have had go to VAR, you've had 6 of them go in your favour.
What incidents are they?

We should have had a few players see absolutely blatant red cards against us in recent weeks with nothing given.

Josep Dowling

Getting annoyed with Pogba tonight. He just isn’t world class. You cannot loss possession that easily in central midfield. Every game it happens 2/3 times that leads to dangerous attacks.