Premier League Gameweek 35-37 + FA Cup semis

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Come on, you have to admit you've had more go your way from VAR than we have.
As a City fan with my tin-foil hat firmly on, I believed there was a conspiracy that favoured Liverpool early on in the season, and now one that is favouring United to help them get top four. I'd say the latter has actually overtaken the former now in terms of its overall effect on the season. United have benefited the most from VAR. Fact.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
As a City fan with my tin-foil hat firmly on, I believed there was a conspiracy that favoured Liverpool early on in the season, and now one that is favouring United to help them get top four. I'd say the latter has actually overtaken the former now in terms of its overall effect on the season. United have benefited the most from VAR. Fact.
Can't wait to see you back this up :devil:

Revan

Assumptionman
Quadruple
Treble
Double
Invincible
Points Record
100 points
Club points record
Invincible IMO should not be higher than Points Record or even 100 points. Agree about the rest*.
* By double I assume you mean UCL-EPL double.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Invincible IMO should not be higher than Points Record or even 100 points. Agree about the rest*.
* By double I assume you mean UCL-EPL double.
Was just making fun about how there magical mystical super season fell apart! Should be Invincible before double though, só made a mistake there. Watford beat them before Atletico did.

Revan

Assumptionman

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
This is stupid. The majority of those were either offside of handballs which are binary totally objective decisions. Then there was the Van Dijk on De Gea which was foul with or without VAR.

Now there were pens that I cannot remember off the top of my head if they should have given or not. And of course, blatant red cards like the one of Romeu were not on the list.
The table does not lie. United are leading with +8 in their favour. Then they’ve clearly decided to also favour the most irrelevant team, Brighton, with +7, in order to provide cover so United can go ‘well there must be a pro-Brighton conspiracy then’ and stop the debate. Well, they ain’t fooling me.

Revan

Assumptionman
The table does not lie. United are leading with +8 in their favour. Then they’ve clearly decided to also favour the most irrelevant team, Brighton, with +7, in order to provide cover so United can go ‘well there must be a pro-Brighton conspiracy then’ and stop the debate. Well, they ain’t fooling me.
Stats out of context are not stats.

Your second line is either a nice WUM, or a flat-earth level of conspiracy.

Cantonagotmehere

This is stupid. The majority of those were either offside of handballs which are binary totally objective decisions. Then there was the Van Dijk on De Gea which was foul with or without VAR.

Now there were pens that I cannot remember off the top of my head if they should have given or not. And of course, blatant red cards like the one of Romeu were not on the list.
Exactly, but don't wrestle with a pig in the mud, mate.....

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Which one of those decisions you would say have been wrong?
I don’t even know what happened in every one of those incidents, just that VAR has benefitted United more than Liverpool this season. The idea with some is that VAR is a huge reason as to why we won the league, but in reality it’s had very little influence on our results.

There are times we’ve had decisions go our way and VAR hasn’t overturned something when it should’ve. That’s not VAR benefitting us though, it’s bad officiating/interpretation of the rules like TAA’s handball against City. We’ve also had bad officiating go against us and VAR hasn’t intervened when it should’ve.

It’s been an inconsistent mess.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don’t even know what happened in every one of those incidents, just that VAR has benefitted United more than Liverpool this season. The idea with some is that VAR is a huge reason as to why we won the league, but in reality it’s had very little influence on our results.

There are times we’ve had decisions go our way and VAR hasn’t overturned something when it should’ve. That’s not VAR benefitting us though, it’s bad officiating/interpretation of the rules like TAA’s handball against City. We’ve also had bad officiating go against us and VAR hasn’t intervened when it should’ve.

It’s been an inconsistent mess.
That is very lazy to say though. Just cause VAR benefited some team, it does not mean that those decisions were incorrect. Now, I admit you can argue for a couple of decisions that went United way (for example the penalty on James vs Norwich), but the majority on that list were clear decisions (like offsides, Van Dijk challenge on De Gea, penalties for handballs etc). The list also totally misses red card non-challenges, the most blatant being Romeu's assault on Greenwood.

lysglimt

Scout
Hoping for a really tough game between Leicester and Spurs on sunday which leaves several Leicester-players injured or suspended :) Chilwell, Soyuncu, Maddison and Fuchs are all out for the season - and a suspension to Vardy and Evans would be nice :)

Nori-

Keeping an eye on tonights game with West Ham vs Watford.

If West Ham win they go 3 points clear of Watford with a better goal difference. Watford then have to play City on Tuesday 21st. If they lose that then even if West Ham lose to us the following day, Watford will still need to win their last game by 6/7+ goals and hope West Ham lose to Villa to leapfrog them. Very unlikely.

The point of all of this is, West Ham win today and there's much less pressure on them to perform amazingly against us.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That is very lazy to say though. Just cause VAR benefited some team, it does not mean that those decisions were incorrect. Now, I admit you can argue for a couple of decisions that went United way (for example the penalty on James vs Norwich), but the majority on that list were clear decisions (like offsides, Van Dijk challenge on De Gea, penalties for handballs etc). The list also totally misses red card non-challenges, the most blatant being Romeu's assault on Greenwood.
It’s more that VAR has had an influence on your games more than ours which is my point. Yes most of those decisions are correct, but the implication has been that VAR has massively influenced our season as well, which it hasn’t.

If VAR wasn’t brought in then our results would be mostly the same, whereas yours would be somewhat different here and there based on when VAR has been used. Honestly though that’s assuming the games would’ve played out the exact same minus VAR being used so it’s just one variable in how a game went.

We’ve benefited from poor officiating which hasn’t been overturned by VAR a few times, but that’s bad refereeing as the influencer, not VAR.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ehm, how was that not a penalty for Palace? Seemed fairly obvious from the replay.
Because it was in the wrong area. Other end of the pitch the ref immediately blows for a penalty.
Varchester isn’t just a meme
Not a single doubt in my mind if that was a foul on Rashford it gets given.
I think you've had more go your way than we have. Swings and roundabouts though. Everyone is struggling to comprehend the inconsistency from referee's/VAR this season.
If i was a palace fan i'd be absolutely fuming
Do you all really think that was a penalty taking away the bias? I've watched it a few times and Lindelof appears to touch the ball as Zaha goes into him. It's certainly not some massive travesty as seems to be being made out.

In any sense it's all very fine margins and you can see why it hasn't been given on or off field by the officials.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Do you all really think that was a penalty taking away the bias? I've watched it a few times and Lindelof appears to touch the ball as Zaha goes into him. It's certainly not some massive travesty as seems to be being made out.

In any sense it's all very fine margins and you can see why it hasn't been given on or off field by the officials.
I think it was a penalty yeah - he went through the player to get the ball. It's a penalty. I was stunned when it wasn't given, especially when I saw the replay.

Classical Mechanic

Perfectly reasonable to argue that officials are showing bias against us on the pitch that needs correcting by the technology. Given the 'everyone hates United' mantra that's been pervasive in the UK for decades I think its a permissible hypothesis.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

It's not immediately a stonewall pen, especially on first viewing, but after seeing the replays I think it's hard not to see it's a foul. Lindelof has to go through Zaha's leg to touch the ball.

I also do think if it was a Palace defender making the tackle on a United player, you'd have been given a pen for it.

Siorac

I also do think if it was a Palace defender making the tackle on a United player, you'd have been given a pen for it.
This point is a bit hard to justify a few days after both the on-field referee and VAR deemed it perfectly acceptable that Romeu tried to break Greenwood's leg.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
This point is a bit hard to justify a few days after both the on-field referee and VAR deemed it perfectly acceptable that Romeu tried to break Greenwood's leg.
It's really not. I don't know why United fans keep using this one decision that's gone against you as some sort of proof you haven't been receiving favourable penalty decisions, both for and against.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Look at the link posted by @BobbyManc
I'm confused looking at the link and the purpose that is used in this thread. So that link is to explain how many decisions ref got wrong and VAR corrected, how is that any way helpful here?

We got couple of dubious penalty, didn't get blatant one against City when Fred was kicked in the ankle, instead got yellow for diving. We didn't get decisions against Palace when Martial was rugby tackled, couple of close calls went against us when VAR checked for handball.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's really not. I don't know why United fans keep using this one decision that's gone against you as some sort of proof you haven't been receiving favourable penalty decisions, both for and against.
Yeah that's the only decision that went against us :lol:

peridigm

I'm confused looking at the link and the purpose that is used in this thread. So that link is to explain how many decisions ref got wrong and VAR corrected, how is that any way helpful here?

We got couple of dubious penalty, didn't get blatant one against City when Fred was kicked in the ankle, instead got yellow for diving. We didn't get decisions against Palace when Martial was rugby tackled, couple of close calls went against us when VAR checked for handball.
Not too mentioned the two incidents against DDG in consecutive matches.

AshRK

It's not immediately a stonewall pen, especially on first viewing, but after seeing the replays I think it's hard not to see it's a foul. Lindelof has to go through Zaha's leg to touch the ball.

If that was a penalty then so was the foul on martial in the 93rd minute. Cannot focus on one and forget the other.

AshRK

We have many decisions go against us too, difference is our fans (or majority atleast) don't keep on crying about it. Romeu should have sent off last game and yet most fans here were critical of our team than crying about that.

RashyForPM

Yes oppo fans. There is a conspiracy by the FA to get us in the top 4. Just like how Fergie bribed the refs last time and mashed their brains by amazingly pointing to his watch.

Ever think that VAR rules in our favour to make up for the ref messing up the original decision?! What’s up with some of these idiotic posts?

List me some of VAR’s wrong calls that helped us and I’ll retort with those that did the opposite, especially @Mogget and @BobbyManc. You two seem to think that VAR is yet another way for refs to help us.

AshRK

In fact VAR working in our favor just shows refs are making wrong calls in our game. The palace off side well same thing happened to us when Rashford was denied a goal against Bournemouth. There was a decision that went in SFU's favour when they scored the 3rd goal in the 3-3 draw and it clearly looked the ball had touched SFU player's hand before he scored.

Yes the offside rule for VAR is frustrating but Manchester United did not make that. It's how they operate it.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Yes oppo fans. There is a conspiracy by the FA to get us in the top 4. Just like how Fergie bribed the refs last time and mashed their brains by amazingly pointing to his watch.

Ever think that VAR rules in our favour to make up for the ref messing up the original decision?! What’s up with some of these idiotic posts?

List me some of VAR’s wrong calls that helped us and I’ll retort with those that did the opposite, especially @Mogget and @BobbyManc. You two seem to think that VAR is yet another way for refs to help us.
How many United fans on here think there was a conspiracy to get Liverpool their first title? It started off as a joke then suddenly got a lot more serious.

Siorac

Because it was literally on Monday. And it was, unlike the Lindelöf thing, as clear and obvious as it gets. "United would have got the penalty" - yet apparently assaulting our players is fine.

Can't remember you being outraged when we were denied, by VAR no less, a clear penalty against City either when Fred got taken out. Wasn't that long, just before the lockdown.

Edit: And I almost forgot the Kolasinac handball at Old Trafford - I bet if that had been Maguire, Arsenal would have got the penalty!