Premier League Gameweek 35-37 + FA Cup semis

diarm

If we can keep Vardy and Perez quiet on the last day, we are going to absolutely rip these apart on the counter.

dabeast

We need +6 goals in our favour vs Leicester in round 37 to afford a one goal loss against them. 3 goals to go.
Really? Leicester was 3 goals ahead of us. Now they are 3-0 down. If we beat West Ham, Leicester will have to beat us by whatever that score was to be level.

Nori-

Question: Does anyone know, if we finish on the exact same points and goal difference as Leicester. What is then used to decide league position?

Is it head to heads? Most goals scored?

Denis79

Strange half, Leicester played the best football but were killed on the counter attack. Three goals from 3 shots on target. My main hope is that Spurs keep a clean sheet 2nd half.

When teams are level on GD it should be decided on head to head results IMO.
Three goals from two shots on target actually :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wait, shouldn't we be 4th already? Same on GD and we beat them earlier in the season.
From the Premier League website
If any clubs finish with the same number of points, their position in the Premier League table is determined by goal difference, then the number of goals scored. If the teams still cannot be separated, they will be awarded the same position in the table.
We've scored 4 fewer goals than Leicester at the moment.

edcunited1878

Ndidi is too far forward and once the ball bypasses him, Leicester is completely vulnerable at the back. Their fullbacks are so far up the pitch.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We are level with Leicester on points
Leicester 62pts
Man Utd 62pts

they are only ahead on goal difference
Leicester 31
Man Utd 28

if they get beat by spurs by 4
Man Utd 28
Leicester 27

I’m only talking about this Sunday, we could end up in the top 4 and in the FA Cup final by the end of the day
Was that before this match? Are we now not tie in goal difference?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Really? Leicester was 3 goals ahead of us. Now they are 3-0 down. If we beat West Ham, Leicester will have to beat us by whatever that score was to be level.
No they'd have to beat us what half whatever more goals we have over them. Each goals basically counts for double in the final.

RedCurry

If I am understanding this correctly, GD is still favoring Leicester. If they lose today, we need two draws in our next two games. Even a 1-0 loss to West Ham would mean we would have to win on final day. Only way GD comes into play is if Spurs won by 5 goals or more.

Man-United

For every goal Leicester scores vs us it's +1 for them and -1 for us.

Nick7

It’s insane that people don’t know the rules. I’m not even going to comment on the simple maths being butchered.

GledTheRed

GD is currently level, if we beat WHU by a few i think that's us sorted. Leicester aint gonna tonk us, be lucky to beat us with that team.

MiceOnMeth

Question: Does anyone know, if we finish on the exact same points and goal difference as Leicester. What is then used to decide league position?

Is it head to heads? Most goals scored?
I think it goes goals scored and then head to head

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It's a tough one for Leicester now...if they were to lose 3-2 from here they'd probably see that as a result from here...

But what do they do? If they concede 4 or 5 they really are at risk of needing a big big result against us.

Fascinating 45 ahead...but also if anyone can still feck this...:lol:

Djemba-Djemba

It's a tough one for Leicester now...if they were to lose 3-2 from here they'd probably see that as a result from here...

But what do they do? If they concede 4 or 5 they really are at risk of needing a big big result against us.

Fascinating 45 ahead...but also if anyone can still feck this...:lol:
If you're being completely pragmatic you probably go for it for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half.

If it's still 3-0 you then retreat and try not to concede anymore.