Premier League Gameweek 37

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Should have scored but probably doesn’t help he never plays so has no sharpness.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How many times have Newcastle just given the ball away in their own third? Their defense have been incredibly poor this game. Hard to see them not concede more.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First off, no need to be condescending.

Everything I read earlier pointed to TAA being sent off, until I saw the tweet linked from @Mogget
It's not condescending, it's a valid question, when have you ever seen someone sent off for a handball after the goal has been given?
It's one or the other.

Eddy_JukeZ

I just remembered Barcelona and Arsenal in the CL final in 06.

Lehmann fouled Eto'o outside the box, but Giuly ended up scoring afterwards.

The ref though brought it back and sent of Lehmann.

Did the rule change from then?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So he should’ve been booked even after Atsu scored?
Should have been booked or sent off. Arnold directly prevented the ball from going into the net by his hand. The ball went to the Toon player who scored. The scoring chance ceases once play is allowed to continue. The goal scoring play then has nothing to do with the handball infraction play, thus Arnold should have been punished to some degree.

There isn’t a sliding scale of retro punishment that is based off the advantage result. They are two separate incidents.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Doesn't the ref stop the game immediatley for a red card offence?
I hate Liverpool, but find it bonkers anyone genuinely thinks you can have both a red card , and a goal for the same handball incident :lol:

There might be violent conduct situations, where you can have both together, but never for handballs.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Lehmann fouled Eto'o in the box, but Giuly ended up scoring afterwards.

I remember being gutted over the ref ruining the final. Think it happened in the first 15 minutes too.

Bulldog United

Lehmann fouled Eto'o outside the box, but Giuly ended up scoring afterwards.

UEFA employ their own rule book for Barcelona games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should have been booked or sent off. Arnold directly prevented the ball from going into the net by his hand. The ball went to the Toon player who scored. The scoring chance ceases once play is allowed to continue. The goal scoring play then has nothing to do with the handball infraction play, thus Arnold should have been punished to some degree.

There isn’t a sliding scale of retro punishment that is based off the advantage result. They are two separate incidents.
The ref would need to blow up for the first one to be a red.
He's obviously allowed the advantage, still being a great chance of a goal, and then it was a goal. End of story.