Premier League Gameweek 37

Manncunian

It's really being underplayed how badly Arsenal have bottled this. It really is the worst bottle job I've ever seen.

City are going to win the title at a canter having been 8 points behind with 10 games to go. No matter how consistent City have been, it's still staggering that they have turned it around with such ease.

Arsenal's run in was not exactly the most daunting and they've simply fallen apart due to the pressure.
Yep. All of this.

They could end up finishing the league 13 points behind City. Has there ever been a bigger bottle job??

Guy Incognito

It's really being underplayed how badly Arsenal have bottled this. It really is the worst bottle job I've ever seen.

City are going to win the title at a canter having been 8 points behind with 10 games to go. No matter how consistent City have been, it's still staggering that they have turned it around with such ease.

Arsenal's run in was not exactly the most daunting and they've simply fallen apart due to the pressure.
Tbh many people felt City were capable of reeling Arsenal in (and some boldly posted City would win it with games to spare). The title race thread is a case in point.

The Arsenal side in 03 was a far worse bottle job. Considering they were the champions, eight points clear at one point and their run in was far simpler. United at home was really the only difficult game on paper.

Sylar

Arsenal have defo felt the pressure and it's got to them.
2-0 up v Liverpool and west ham back to back and giving that away followed by that 3-3 at home to bottom team Southampton. That was killer because it meant they needed a win Vs city at city whereas before that a draw would have been fine.

As it stands right now 9 points from 24 available when the pressure is on is horrible especially when you consider the shortest turn around was five days otherwise they had a week to prepare for each game

Renegade

We’re not hearing about Jesus’ great off the ball work now that Saka’s goals have dried up.

Anustart89

I'm going to take an early guess here and guess that Taylor's going to add on 12 minutes of stoppage time.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Taylor is just giving foul after foul to Arsenal. I’m certain he’s the only person in the stadium witnessing half of these fouls.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Taylor is just giving foul after foul to Arsenal. I’m certain he’s the only person in the stadium witnessing half of these fouls.
I’m waiting for the 15m+ injury time from this twat.

Anustart89

Gabriel with a blatant pull-down, then engaging in fisticuffs with Gibbs-White. Both players get a booking = No punishment for the pull. Classic refereeing

Yorke to Cole

Arsenal have been totally toothless. A real lack of incisiveness and absolutely no goal threat. I have to say they have looked like they were 5 years ago.

JagUTD

Surely everyone expected this bottle job from Arsenal. I mean, they did it last season for one.

Gavinb33

Fair point, it looks tricky in retrospect, but the press had handed them the title with 10 games to go and were touting them as the best side in the land. City were seen as the only team capable of beating them head to head.

They've collapsed under pressure and they even gave away big leads in some of those games.

It's staggering that Man City are going to waltz towards the title. We would be in complete meltdown if that happened to us.
I think you were right With the 1st post, anyone can drop points against the top 8 that's fair they are all good to decent sides and it happens but at this rate they've dropped 7 points against teams at rhe bottom of the league should this result stick, if you look at total points they claimed from the last 17 games it's mistable form

Anustart89

Nottingham fans waving their scarves like the game's about to end. Please, we're getting at least ten more minutes.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Bournemouth and Forest have done well to survive the drop, considering where they were at one point. Would love Everton to go down though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can't decide how good Gibbs White actually is. Randomly has world class moments

Dazzmondo

7 mins ffs. FA haven't realised Arsenal lost the league regardless of this result? Constantly trying to screw over teams that don't fit their narrative

bstb3

Wots with the added times today. Suddenly we are in Qatar again
Feels like there has been some instruction given on this. Can't be a coincidence it's just happened in 3 games today. I guess it's case of EPL and PGMOL wanting to increase the drama at the end of the season.