Premier League Gameweek 37

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Racist hating tw*ts are going to harass Son tonight, might aswell prepare the statements for tomorrow...

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Just remember city were beaten 8-1 by Middlesbrough on the last day of a season they finished 11th, just before they won the lottery. That’s where they belong. Nothing they’ve done since matters since they cheated to do it.
I'd argue we finished 2nd that year, considering you started the precedent by not even getting your facts rights so I can lie as well

I'd also argue that we belong either in the third division like we were in 1999, or as the best team in England like we were in 1968, since it is reasonable to doom a team to where they were in a randomly picked season. Wonder where United could belong if I randomly pick a season under every manager they have ever had bar two of them

Zoo

Sky and media love in for days. No mention of the 115 charges and the fact that the PL won’t/can’t do anything. Roll out Noel, Dickov, Shaun Goater

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And what if UCL was at stake?

Spurs didn't lose on purpose, of course, but for arguments sake, team threw away UCL just so Arsenal wouldn't win the title.
I agree with you the team didn't throw away the match on purpose. If there was also a different scenario in play (ie it's in our hands, Villa have to go away to City last day etc etc) then that would also be different.

It isn't though. Even if we'd won today? Still not even slightly in our hands, a Villa draw would have guaranteed it for them, even if we'd won.

So the likeliest scenario is we hand Arsenal their first title in 2 decades, having gifted them 3 points a few weeks ago. And don't end up in the CL places anyway.

As it is, I can never really bring myself to want the team to lose. Let's just say that unusually though, I wouldn't have been upset at the outcome today either way.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Not now. Just wondering why City didn’t go all out for a 3rd goal. Would have meant that if them and Arsenal draw at the weekend they get the title (I think?). As it stands now, Arsenal would win.
They'd be on +61 just like Arsenal then but if they draw next week and Arsenal win (same amount of points), Arsenal wins it on GD I think.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Not now. Just wondering why City didn’t go all out for a 3rd goal. Would have meant that if them and Arsenal draw at the weekend they get the title (I think?). As it stands now, Arsenal would win.
City are ahead on points, if we both draw they're still ahead and win it anyway. If they draw and we win, it's Arsenal's title on GD

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
How come the small clubs, Everton and Nottingham Forest, getting punished and the sugar daddy and oil state Chelsea and City get away with cheating.
The EPL is corrupt to the bottom.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Still a long way from 4 in a row with United being in tatters.
Fair, I think Pep is the key, his only competition for being the best manager at winning over 38 games is Sir Alex who probably still has the edge. Think as soon as Pep goes the dominance stops similar to Sir Alex.

CallyRed

Another season of their fecking champions again ole ole chant. Inbred feckwits

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why do City get all these soft penalties that no one else gets? its ridiculous
It’s a stone wall pen, let’s be fair
How come the small clubs, Everton and Nottingham Forest, getting punished and the sugar daddy and oil state Chelsea and City get away with cheating.
They provided accurate financial info to start with, and held their hands up when charged. City have done neither of those things, and the PL are having to prove their guilt

LordSpud

In among the bullshit I'm feeling tonight I can at least offer congrats to Villa and their fans. Remarkable achievement bearing in mind they took were playing in Europe up until this last week.

Still, Arsenal having their best League run in about 20 years and still they will get pipped to the post. That's what they get for relying on Spuds to do them a favour.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Or the alternative is the EPL is not corrupt and you have no clue what you're talking about or the reasons. The reason Evertons went faster than Cities is Everton were charged with 1 breach of FFP and complied with it as did Forest. City are charged with far bigger charges and what people don't seem to understand is the biggest charges against City are not FFP related but cooking the books.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Or the alternative is the EPL is not corrupt and you have no clue what you're talking about or the reasons. The reason Evertons went faster than Cities is Everton were charged with 1 breach of FFP and complied with it as did Forest. City are charged with far bigger charges and what people don't seem to understand is the biggest charges against City are not FFP related but cooking the books.
That poster didn't mention FFP though?

Banana Republic

City have not only been the first to 4 in a row, breaking our record, but I fear they’ll go on to get a 5th next season.
Who knows, they might stretch the record further.
10 league titles and they will get more, before this era comes to an end.

In the meantime, they no longer rely solely on the oil money and are now drawing in a big income from genuine commercial deals, tv and prize money, while building a growing global fan base.

Utd fans assume we’ll always attract new supporters because of our big club stature and history, but how many kids and new supporters around the world are going to be attracted to a crumbling team that hasn’t won the EPL for 11 years, or the UCL for 16 years.
It’s not as if we’re close to competing at that level either.
How long before the income from our sponsorship deals start to slide too?

It’s sobering to be reminded that the Treble season was a quarter of a century ago !!!

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
City have not only been the first to 4 in a row, breaking our record, but I fear they’ll go on to get a 5th next season.

In the meantime, they no longer rely solely on the oil money and are now drawing in a big income from genuine commercial deals, tv and prize money, while building a growing global fan base.

Utd fans assume we’ll always attract new supporters because of our big club stature and history, but how many kids and new supporters around the world are going to be attracted to a crumbling team that hasn’t won the EPL for 11 years, or the UCL for 16 years.

It’s sobering to be reminded that the Treble season was a quarter of a century ago !!!

Success breed success.

LordSpud

Yeah 1 charge for Everton is much easier to push through than 115 charges.

On that basis alone City should be docked 1150 points.

Then you take into account that City were cooking the books which I believe to be more severe and probably should go to 1300-1400 points?

padr81

Supports
Man City
That poster didn't mention FFP though?
He called the premier corrupt for punishing Everton and Forest after both plead guilty to breaching FFP after working with the PL and got punished.
Its like complaining that a murder trial hasn't reached court because someone elses shoplifting case one was heard in 3 months.

They are not the same thing. Not even remotely. The idea why would be treated as such is crazy.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Are all the pundits being paid by Abu Dhabi? The glee is incredible.

Anyway, it's City, a fake plastic team with no identity or history. It might as well call itself Abu Dhabi FC.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He called the premier corrupt for punishing Everton and Forest after both plead guilty to breaching FFP after working with the PL and got punished.
Its like complaining that a murder trial hasn't reached court because someone elses shoplifting case one was heard in 3 months.

They are not the same thing. Not even remotely. The idea why would be treated as such is crazy.
You can keep trying to make this point but you're on a forum full of ranting emotional posters for whom logic isn't their friend.

thisisnottaken1

It’s not as if we’re close to competing at that level either.

Excellent post. City winning more is detrimental to us. It just makes it even harder for us to gain future success.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern was close to sign Haaland but when the board learned from his management about the figures City offered to Haaland (and his dad), Bayern had zero chance. Your funds are endless and no proper football club can compete, especially when you get around FFP with creative accounting or cooking the books as you call it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah 1 charge for Everton is much easier to push through than 115 charges.

On that basis alone City should be docked 1150 points.

Then you take into account that City were cooking the books which I believe to be more severe and probably should go to 1300-1400 points?
The result if guilty of the strongest charges should be expulsion and enforced new ownership, not a points docking.