Premier League Gameweek 4-6

spiriticon

Honestly that was dodgy. 3 extra ghost minutes is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
The cross was on and he completed it. Nowt wrong with trying to win the game like that

uncleTed

Wtf, four minutes add - they scored in the 98th minute. We will see if this is a new line or just pool

Pronewbie

Peep
Referee had a narrative in mind and wasn’t blowing the final whistle until it played out the way he envisaged. One way or another, Liverpool were getting the final chance of the match and Marriner would have played until the lights went off to enable such a scenario.
Clearly. 5mins was already ample time. Newcastle have every right to feel aggrieved and shine the spotlight on him.

swissgenius

Are we just gonna pretend that a Newcastle player wasn't getting treatment in injury time? :lol:
Pope went down for 50 seconds. How does that justify 3 minutes of additional time if the 45 mins before (ball was in play for about 25 minutes of them) resulted in 5 mins ET?

SER19

According to your logic, there shouldn't have been 5 minutes extra time in the first place, but 15 minutes.

The referee allows 98 minutes of play and lets them take one last corner, even though he has only given 5 extra minutes. It's crazy and he was just waiting for Liverpool to get a big last chance.
Ya maybe if that's what it takes. Either introduce a stop clock or 10 second limit for keeper to release ball, throw ins and maybe longer for free kicks and corners.

I suggest watching the game from min 85 tomorrow. Its not football and that's what id say if United were on receiving end of time wasting like that

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Some footballers are dumb creatures . I remember shouting so hard in the Southampton game because Fred decided to cross the ball for no reason in the 95th minute. I mean surely this is the sort of stuff managers should be stuffing into their head not to do

edcunited1878

Another entertaining match week so far. The amount of games and temporary hiatus due to the WC is going to make this season even more of an unknown.

eire-red

Serves Newcastle right for time wasting all game. Still think we have some big issues but maybe Jota and Nunez coming in makes a difference.

Newcastle are a very well coached side.
Don't think that's really fair, every team does the exact same thing when they need to. Liverpool got rewarded with more time than they should have, so don't see how Newcastle deserved that.

It's about time a stop clock was brought in anyway. Then the game ends 1-1 as it should have.

SER19

if it was measured like that every match would have 15-20 minutes of extra time
Yeah unless rules and approach changes. It starts in the first minute some weeks and it's absolutely terrible for the sport

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Newcastle were wasting time but so do all underdogs especially playing away from home. There were 5 min allotted for the 90. No way should he have allowed that corner in the 8th minute of extra time to take place. Pope was down for about a minute.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ban, no happy scousers allowed
Couldn't get a decent stream, was a shit performance again by us anyway. Concede first yet again. Score winner in salty tears time. I just came here for pages 51-55. :p

Sylar

It's cos Klopp said they ran out of time against united

So today they made sure he didn't run out of time

cyberman

Pope went down for 50 seconds. How does that justify 3 minutes of additional time if the 45 mins before (ball was in play for about 20 minutes of them) resulted in 5 mins ET?
Newcastle had their last chance after the time was up, that was the natural finish to the game. It’s 100 percent the ref giving Liverpool one last chance to score when the play is allowed to carry on from so deep. I understand refs don’t blow in the middle of a move so close to the end but tonight was overly so.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Pope went down for 50 seconds. How does that justify 3 minutes of additional time if the 45 mins before (ball was in play for about 20 minutes of them) resulted in 5 mins ET?
He didn't add on 3 minutes for Pope injury though and Liverpool didn't score 3 minutes after the allotted time. They won a corner with 96 something on the clock so within the time that would've been added on for the Pope treatment. Basically the argument is that he should've blown instead of allowing them to take the corner. Something 99% of referees won't ever do.

The clock only ran to 98 due to the goal and the handbags after it.

Denis79

Bullshit, 8 minutes ot my ass. Would have been 3 minutes if Liverpool had the lead.

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
High risk, zero reward. He made the wrong decision and cost his team. Liverpool is very good in offensive transition and his team was already extremely tired.
It’s easy to say that after the fact, the game should have been ending anyway, 96th minute of stoppage time 1-1 your man at the back post your gonna go for it.
We could easily be saying “what a goal for Newcastle”

cyberman

Ya maybe if that's what it takes. Either introduce a stop clock or 10 second limit for keeper to release ball, throw ins and maybe longer for free kicks and corners.

I suggest watching the game from min 85 tomorrow. Its not football and that's what id say if United were on receiving end of time wasting like that
But this doesn’t make sense. Even from the 85th minute that’s already taken into account
With the 5 minutes. To get two minutes on top of that when all that happened was a keeper from for 40 odd seconds is beyond ridiculous

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm all for a stop clock but it most certainly shouldn't be in the hands of the referee to be able to decide a game like that.

BorisManUtd

Big 3 points for Liverpool, I expected Mariner to blow the whistle after Newcastle wasted their attack around 96th minute but the game continued, really felt like he added to much on those 5 minutes so very unfortunate outcome for Newcastle in the end.

Spurs game finished 1-1 earlier and it's probably a fair result, West Ham almost won the game in their last attack.

SER19

But this doesn’t make sense. Even from the 85th minute that’s already taken into account
With the 5 minutes. To get two minutes on top of that when all that happened was a keeper from for 40 odd seconds is beyond ridiculous
I'll watch it back and see how much time was wasted in stoppage time. Rotten to see liverpool capitalise from the rare occasion a ref plays on, but my own opinion comes from just how brutal time wasting is for football. Its getting worse and worse every year, to the point it looks like something teams actually practice. It's not football and we have the tech and means to discourage it and completely change the narrative. Want to play negative, win fouls, keep ball in corner, pass it around- go for it, but a keeper taking 25--30 seconds to take a kick out is just ridiculous.

sorry edited for one final point, the stoppage time also far too often under counts the time wasting in a match. Im not talking about time ball is out of play, im talking about time wasted.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Big 3 points for Liverpool, I expected Mariner to blow the whistle after Newcastle wasted their attack around 96th minute but the game continued, really felt like he added to much on those 5 minutes so very unfortunate outcome for Newcastle in the end.

Spurs game finished 1-1 earlier and it's probably a fair result, West Ham almost won the game in their last attack.
Even newscatle expected that, thats why they crossed it as a last shot to score instead of taking it to the corner flag.

swissgenius

He didn't add on 3 minutes for Pope injury though and Liverpool didn't score 3 minutes after the allotted time. They won a corner with 96 something on the clock so within the time that would've been added on for the Pope treatment. Basically the argument is that he should've blown instead of allowing them to take the corner. Something 99% of referees won't ever do.

The clock only ran to 98 due to the goal and the handbags after it.
Nope, the one added minute was already over when they crossed the middle line. That's when every other ref would end it.
They scored during the 98th minute, 97:10 exactly.
Clock was at 98:45 when the final whistle blew.

diarm

Newcastle lads were just shattered. Cynical, time wasting teams don't waste a chance to go to the corner by crossing the ball and trying to win it in the 97th minute.

Josh 76

Think the refs have been told to clamp down on time wasting a lot more this season.
It is frustrating when players do time waste in added time.

diarm

Eddie Howe has been absolutely robbed but he comes out and speaks with class and dignity. Wheatabix Face comes out after being handed his biweekly Christmas present and can't show an ounce of class or humility.

His antics and bullying of counterparts and match officials is a stain on the game.