Premier League Gameweek 6

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Yep. Your match is moved from Saturday and if it wasn’t picked for tv it goes to noon or 2pm
Cheers. Just seems ridiculous to have Chelsea, Liverpool and the north London derby play at the same time when ours could’ve just as well been moved to 16.30.

DavidDeSchmikes

Realistically, how many years will it be till someone other than City win the league? It feels even more broken than in Germany.
The only team that can challenge is probably Liverpool (and maybe Arsenal), but imo as long as Guardiola is at City, they're pretty much locked in the top 2 places every year

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Why does it take 4 minutes to take a free kick on the edge of the box?
Been a bugbear of mine for years. This is why players and managers can't really complain about huge amounts of stoppage time. Until they introduce the stop the clock rule, it's the only solution for it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The only team that can challenge is probably Liverpool (and maybe Arsenal), but imo as long as Guardiola is at City, they're pretty much locked in the top 2 places every year
Liverpool can only do 1 in every 2 seasons and Arsenal lack the bottle. What's more is City are virtually immune to injuries while Liverpool and Arse aren't. Newcastle might be at that level in 3 or 4 seasons.

IRELANDUNITED

That stadium is like a library. Is there a more embarrassing club in world football? I know they get tons of money and get to play with great players but why would any top player want to play for City, football is a game of emotion and there is absolutely zero emotion within that club.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
That stadium is like a library. Is there a more embarrassing club in world football? I know they get tons of money and get to play with great players but why would any top player want to play for City, football is a game of emotion and there is absolutely zero emotion within that club.
Because in addition to the shit tonne of money, they get to win every possible trophy there is in club football, year after year.

DavidDeSchmikes

Liverpool can only do 1 in every 2 seasons and Arsenal lack the bottle. What's more is City are virtually immune to injuries while Liverpool and Arse aren't. Newcastle might be at that level in 3 or 4 seasons.
City have picked up one or two injuries, but even then games like today they can win with relatively ease

Skills

Snitch
Their best midfielder is currently out injured.

ShinjiNinja26

They are wining a PL game, that they should be wining. Calm down.
They’re most likely going to win 4 in a row which has never been done before and will probably win it for the foreseeable future so long as Pep’s there. This isn’t some one off, they’re turning the PL into the Bundesliga through cheating and I expect these 115 charges will amount to nothing as well.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
City have picked up one or two injuries, but even then games like today they can win with relatively ease
What I mean is if City get injuries they have back ups ready with virtually no drop in quality.

De Bruyne's injury has been insignificant and he's arguably their best player. Imagine Ødegaard gets injured for Arse or Salah for Liverpool, they can't easily replace them.

Doracle

and it makes no difference to them, which is why they are virtually immune to injuries. Their squad is so good they just bring in Foden as cover.

Hoof the ball

When they lose the ball the have guys like Bernardo, Foden, Alvarez, De Bruyne, Grealish, Doku, etc, all chasing back. All interested in the off-the-ball responsibilities in both attacking and defensive transitions. They just do the hard work. Money spent just can't guarantee that kind of running. You've got to have the right personalities. They've spent a lot of money but does anyone recall a City player under Pep that had poor work ethic? We've spent a lot too and the list is tirelessly lengthy.

Skills

Snitch
and it makes no difference to them, which is why they are virtually immune to injuries. Their squad is so good they just bring in Foden as cover.
Its Alvarez who's come in for KDB, and Guardiola's had to change the system to accommodate him.

Woodzy

7 touches for Haaland in that first half I just saw. And he still has a goal, mad.

Cessna

Realistically, how many years will it be till someone other than City win the league? It feels even more broken than in Germany.
United used to have the same status for a long time. Where teams would show up and expect to take a beating. Teams that play them probably have low shoulders as expectations of getting a results are low. The teams that start out by playing the counter and hoping to play time probably lose most of their hope after a goal against.
I do think that expectations and believe play a big role. The smaller teams have seen that United have weaknesses, especially mentally, that can be exploited. This will give the opposition the advantage of belief and gives an extra push.

Both Liverpool and City have had periods where they have been the first to concede a goal. This is where clear structure, defined roles and individual self esteem allows them to keep focus on the matter at hand.

That being said, Forest has been weak and started so tame that City can execute their plan. And I do not think teams like this have a plan B when being under (especially by more than one goal).

saik

Casemiro got a red card for the same. Let's see if VAR tries to change it.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Great acting from Gibbs-White :D

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
“Anything Casemiro can do I can do better!”

Zen

That's a farcical red card, but worse than Casermiro's, so gotta stick :lol:

These guys are getting better and better with the old acting too.

saik

Well atleast VAR is consistent here. Good. Awoniyi get a hattrick now please.

Woodzy

Casemiro got a red card for the same. Let's see if VAR tries to change it.
Far worse than Casemiro, there was a lot of malice in what Rodri just did.

Watching it again it seems fecking mad. I don’t understand how you come out at half time 2-0 in a breeze of a game and do something like that on the back of fecking nothing.