Premier League Gameweek 7

Deery

Dreary
Well that’s the end of the game as a contest so much for Super Sunday, eh

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He should get an extra long ban for acting like a twat and debating the red card. Bellend

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Losing Maguire didnt actually hurt Leicester much. That Turkish defender isnt bad at all.
He's still a bit rough, hence the rash challenge against Rashford but all in all, he's an excellent buy and will only improve.

He was bought along Benkovic last summer, as we knew that Maguire wouldn't stay long with us. That's why you got him.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Why is there only 1 match today? Weird.

Clearest red I've seen in a while, so unnecessary too.

kyofusho

Tielemans is one of the most overrated players of the past couple of years. So so average in everything he does
Absolute madness. He's very efficient on the ball, rarely loses it in possession and has an eye for a killer pass. Already bagged a few assists this season.

KennyBurner

Imagine they win the league...
According to some experts over here we will get relegated so yes Leicester most probably will finish above us
It has happened before. They finished ahead of everyone.
Why is that surprising? We’re absolutely terrible and being managed by Moyes 2.0.
Since Rodgers signed only City and Liverpool have collected more points. I really think Leicester is better than us. We won last time but that was a very boring and lucky win.
They will.
Realistic
Would it really be surprising?
None of you find it a bit embarrassing that its been 3 years since they won the league and somehow we've only stagnated since then? Even without lukaku and sanchez we shouldn't be six points behind them. Only difficult game should have been Westham due to injuries and we also beat Leicester prior to that yet we are 6 behind. Embarrassing if they finish ahead of us come May. It shouldn't be surprising at all.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Just saw the replay. He got the ball but that follow through was nasty. Deserved Red.
Wasn't overly nasty though. One foot was low on the floor and the other was a little higher but not the worst challenge I've ever seen. It's just follow through is deemed dangerous nowadays.

Just as well Wes Brown retired when he did.

KennyBurner

Ive added maddison and already had vardy on my FPL. They had better score multiple goals after this red card.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Why would you appoint Steve Bruce? The Watfords of the world will continue to exist when more powerful teams are completely idiotic and there is so much incompetence.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
None of you find it a bit embarrassing that its been 3 years since they won the league and somehow we've only stagnated since then? Even without lukaku and sanchez we shouldn't be six points behind them. Only difficult game should have been Westham due to injuries and we also beat Leicester prior to that yet we are 6 behind. Embarrassing if they finish ahead of us come May. It shouldn't be surprising at all.
I think the embarrassment is implicit. Leicester don't have half the resources we do, and have had to routinely deal with their best players being sold. And yet they're replaced well and gotten results with a good style of play.

Their cover for Vardy and the defence is thin, but if they stay injury free (like they somehow do), they arguably field a better starting XI than we do and have (arguably) a better manager as well.

I don't think it would be a surprise if they ended up above United.

edcunited1878

Looks like. I was one among those who wanted us to sign him and criticized Ed for not doing it.

Still young though.
Still young indeed. He could become a decent player one day but he is just very error prone at the moment
Young in age (22) like Rashford, yet been playing first team football for 4/5 years now. If you're giving him the "but he's young can improve" treatment, I hope you're giving the same benefit to Rashford

Stadjer

He's still a bit rough, hence the rash challenge against Rashford but all in all, he's an excellent buy and will only improve.

He was bought along Benkovic last summer, as we knew that Maguire wouldn't stay long with us. That's why you got him.
Was it even that rash? He got the ball before Rashford fell over if i remember correctly. Wasnt a 100% penalty.. United got pretty lucky.

Good buy, hardly lost any quality on the pitch and also received way too much for Maguire. Excellent business from Leicester.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Young in age (22) like Rashford, yet been playing first team football for 4/5 years now. If you're giving him the "but he's young can improve" treatment, I hope you're giving the same benefit to Rashford
Ofcourse. I have always been a Rashy supporter. Problem is we depend on Rashy to win us matches while Leicester provide the platform with less pressure for players like Maddison/Tielemans to get better. Shows how badly we are run.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Leicester is case study how a club should be run and we are a case study how a club shouldn't be run. There is nothing embarrassing in accepting they are a well run club and most probably will finish above us this year.

edcunited1878

I think the embarrassment is implicit. Leicester don't have half the resources we do, and have had to routinely deal with their best players being sold. And yet they're replaced well and gotten results with a good style of play.

Their cover for Vardy and the defence is thin, but if they stay injury free (like they somehow do), they arguably field a better starting XI than we do and have (arguably) a better manager as well.

The embarrassment is the fact that they have stuck to a structure and been able to change players and managers yet sustain if not improve their overall play considering said ins and outs. United on the other hand don't have the clear structure, which starts and ends with Ed. Clear as day why United have been a yo-yo CL/Europa club the past 6+ years.

Stadjer

I think that only de Gea and Pogba would walk into their team.

I dont even think Maguire, Martial, Rashford, AWB and James would be a big improvement over what they have right now.

Vardy is a bit old but still really good so it would be difficult for Martial to get in. Maguire isnt that much better than what they have central right now. AWB is a great player but he isnt able to do what Ricardo did today.

Rashford and James would likely get in over Perez and Barnes but Perez and Barnes arent that good so it is a bit easier to replace those.

pascell

Ofcourse. I have always been a Rashy supporter. Problem is we depend on Rashy to win us matches while Leicester provide the platform with less pressure for players like Maddison/Tielemans to get better. Shows how badly we are run.
Less expectation = less pressure. United are expected to win games that Leicester aren't, there's also a whole different level of fanbase between United and Leicester.

edcunited1878

Agree with you and @kouroux. That's the protection older players give. And their roles within the team are clear and aren't going to change.