Premier League Gameweek 8

SER19

If we won today and against Liverpool the season would look very different though this team loves refusing to turn a corner

AFC NimbleThumb

Jiminez again.

I don’t watch wolves much but every time I see the guy he looks a proper no.9.

Top top player.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I think if he doesn’t win the champs league this season pep will leave. Maybe back to Barca or something.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Thing is, City are going for the UCL I have absolutely no doubt that’s Peps target. Liverpool look less secure in Europe I feel while City will make it a priority
Interesting take. I haven't considered that. Would explain some things.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That does happen to all teams except maybe the Barca in their prime who played until the final whistle.

City aren’t that as much as their deluded fans think
I agree, though they've been doing it for most of the second half, rather than your typical throw-the-kitchen-sink for the last 10 minutes. Normally City are quite patient with their style of play for most of the game. They can't cut teams open without KDB, it seems.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Simple really, all you have to do is plank 9 men in your box and boot the ball up field, Otamendi will gladly do the rest.

Not looking good, no way we're keeping Liverpool out at Anfield. We could well be out of the race by mid November.

K_Ash

just to show, great manager or not, if your key player(s) (Laporte in this case) are not there..you can be in real trouble

sharpstar69

Supports
Liverpool
The games below are the teams Liverpool were very lucky to get three points from.

Soouthampton
Leicester
Sheffield Utd
Chelsea

They will drop points this season. Thing is, City look like they will drop a lot more, too.
How were we lucky against Leicester? should've been 3 up before Leicester scored with there only shot on target. Sheffield was the only lucky result. Away Chelsea is a tough game and always need some luck.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Doubt the upper management and most of the players care that much about it to be honest.
Which is the issue IMO.
We've been so badly run under Woodward it's crazy. You can't judge a football club's performance only on how much money it's making.

tomaldinho1

just to show, great manager or not, if your key player(s) (Laporte in this case) are not there..you can be in real trouble
They should have the depth to win at hmoe to Wolves though, Pep's an idiot for not replacing Kompany

gibers

City have som many trash players. Otamendi, Zinchenko, Walker LMFAO. Calamity of a backline. Dinho as a CB? Madness. Pool will win the league now. feck this shit. Anyone that calls Walker WC needs their head checked. Painfully average player.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Not looking good, no way we're keeping Liverpool out at Anfield. We could well be out of the race by mid November.
Oh please, what an overreaction. There’s no way the title is decided before May.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
There's still 30 games to go! Liverpool have a very small squad.

City desperately missed De Bruyne today. Keeping him fit will have a big say in how the season goes.

always_hoping

League title as good as won after 8 games! Well done Liverpool 30 years waiting and then winning it that easy. Man City as mediocre as the rest this season they will do well to finish 2nd. Wolves spurs and Norwich all taking points off them and if City was in decent form they would have got 9 points from those fixtures.

LoneStar

Liverpool will win the league while the "top reds" sitting here backing DM 2.0. This is what we deserve for trusting a manager from the Norwegian league.
He cleared the deadwood mate, don’t you know? Thanks to the cleared deadwood, we now have world class players like Periera, Fred and Mata starting.

In a season where all the top teams bar Liverpool have been shocking, we will finish 8th or below if we continue with Ole. How the standards have dropped.

DavidDeSchmikes

It's obviously not an ideal situation for City. But worth bearing in mind that the 2012, 2014 and 2019 title wins all came from clawing back seemingly insurmountable leads. Write them off at your peril.
Dan on the BBC wesbite

padr81

Supports
Man City
Oh please, what an overreaction. There’s no way the title is decided before May.
You are telling me an 11 gap wouldn't be the end of us? Thats likely what it will be after Anfield. Titles been over at christmas twice in the last 3 seasons. Chelsea with Conte and than our 100 point season. This season is shaping up just the same.

Given how well you're grinding out points and the fact we can't win ugly and 11 point lead would be insurmountable imho.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I agree, though they've been doing it for most of the second half, rather than your typical throw-the-kitchen-sink for the last 10 minutes. Normally City are quite patient with their style of play for most of the game. They can't cut teams open without KDB, it seems.
That’s the key!

Lose your spine or big part of it and you are vulnerable. Liverpool have not had to cope without any of their spine, goalie apart and the replacement is rather good!

We on the other hand have a good CD and keeper but lack midfield leadership and a top top goalscorer

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I’ll sacrifice as many chickens and cows and goats necessary to not see these twats win the league.