g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 9

padr81

Supports
Man City
3 sitters missed by Raheem and he hit the post. Poor game but great assist. We should have 8 again today.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Is Pep taking the piss putting on Foden again for barely a couple of minutes? :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Sympathy minute for Foden again.. pointless.

LoneStar

3 sitters missed by Raheem and he hit the post. Poor game but great assist. We should have 8 again today.
He was my captain in FPL ffs, I swear I’m done with City players in my team (mainly due to the Pep Guardiola is my idol)

padr81

Supports
Man City
He was my captain in FPL ffs, I swear I’m done with City players in my team (mainly due to the Pep Guardiola is my idol)
I had him and Aguero in... Pep loves to look at my fantasy team and drop whoever I put in.

Fussball13251

That was pretty good, similar to how we used to paly under SAF
City are a classy team. Even Fergie's teams would probably come second to this lot. Look at City's high line... almost playing in the Palace penalty box. They still miss Sane, though. Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling and Sane are all world class players

Pep plays a very high line because he knows his side is good enough with the ball. They rarely misplace a pass

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
With Silva going next season, you'd expect him to get a lot more minutes. If not, he needs to go!
I hope so. The lad has earned some more playing time, I know he's trying to displace a strong midfield but 2 or 3 minutes here and there is no good to him. I agree if he's not getting a look next season and I was him, I'd be very tempted to move on.

VJ1762

City are a classy team. Even Fergie's teams would probably come second to this lot. Look at City's high line... almost playing in the Palace penalty box. They still miss Sane, though. Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling and Sane are all world class players

Pep plays a very high line because he knows his side is good enough with the ball. They rarely misplace a pass
You don't know that. You are talking about a guy who started his managerial career in the 70's and remained at the top 40 years later. I am sure if he was challenged, he would find a way. He is the GOAT, after all.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I hope so. The lad has earned some more playing time, I know he's trying to displace a strong midfield but 2 or 3 minutes here and there is no good to him. I agree if he's not getting a look next season and I was him, I'd be very tempted to move on.
A January loan could do him (and Man City next season) the world of good.

A mid table prem side would bite your hand off. Maybe a loan to Man United? Sorry everyone, couldn't resist.

Needham

Easy day for city's makeshift backline. Palace decided not to bother
Is "decided not to bother" how we're characterizing the attitude of teams completely overwhelmed by opposition of a different class? Anyway I prefer it to "game raising cnuts" when the opposite happens.

Kamprad

So I’m free today and was thinking maybe watching some football. Any good game today?

Just kidding. COME OOOOOOOOOOON NOW UNITEEEED! I WANT TO SEE SOME HEART OUT THERE!

dev1l

So I’m free today and was thinking maybe watching some football. Any good game today?
Just kiddingERE!
Wigan vs Forest at 2 looks interesting.
Then there s another game at 430 apparently... not sure of that though

Jonno

But the latter is more realistic. 6 points off top 4, 1 point off the bottom 3.
So? Its only fair you post the worst case scenario and equally reflect the best case scenario, otherwise I suspect you’re deliberately trying to paint a negative picture about United.

Anustart89

A January loan could do him (and Man City next season) the world of good.

A mid table prem side would bite your hand off. Maybe a loan to Man United? Sorry everyone, couldn't resist.
To be fair, ruining Foden is probably the most damaging thing we could do to City at the moment.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
So? Its only fair you post the worst case scenario and equally reflect the best case scenario, otherwise I suspect you’re deliberately trying to paint a negative picture about United.
No, I’m merely pointing out the most likely outcome. I want the best for United, like yourself. Thanks.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Have to get this united match out of the way. God I hate this game. I just hope Klopp plays an attacking style. As I say this no Salah. He should play attacking with the point lead we have unlike last season where everything was so tight. This is one of “ those games” that Liverpool have just come up short that can cost titles. Perfect opportunity today.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Can't get over how poor that united side looks without pogba. Also, what formation is that? 5-3-2 with wingbacks defensive fullbacks?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Have to get this united match out of the way. God I hate this game. I just hope Klopp plays an attacking style. As I say this no Salah. He should play attacking with the point lead we have unlike last season where everything was so tight. This is one of “ those games” that Liverpool have just come up short that can cost titles. Perfect opportunity today.
Ole's intention is to play on the counter.

Klopp adopting an attacking style will be just what the doctor ordered.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Can't get over how poor that united side looks without pogba. Also, what formation is that? 5-3-2 with wingbacks defensive fullbacks?
True.

You have no excuse not to win the game by an unearthly margin now.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just the one game today?
Yeah it's stupid Sky keep telling us their offering this wonderful TV package for football, they could have put any game from yesterday on today. They just wanted to promote the hell out of this one instead.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ashley Young isn't defensive, he probably creates the most out of our team (thats how bad it is this season) :lol:

But yeah, our midfield in particular is devoid of talent. Need a big game from McTominay and Fred.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Reported!

(i agree)
:D

End of the day we're hardly much better off! But damn, as someone who grew up with United being THE team and having a spine of world class players, holy shit is it odd to look at that lineup today for a game against Liverpool of all sides, and just be so struck by how distinctly average it is.

And that's not intended as a dig or anything, it's just genuinely shocking to see. So many players who you just would never be able to picture in a United shirt if they played elsewhere.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
This will be tough, they’re going to sit deep and press when we get in their half id imagine and they have a lot of players capable of defending well 1v1. We do get injuries though, so it’s something we have to deal with over the course of the season. No player is going to be fit every game. Origi needs to put a performance in though as we have no attackers on the bench.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Ashley Young isn't defensive, he probably creates the most out of our team (thats how bad it is this season) :lol:

But yeah, our midfield in particular is devoid of talent. Need a big game from McTominay and Fred.
With that lineup, our biggest foe today is ourselves. We are really good at giving Old Trafford way too much respect.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Really looking forward to seeing that handsome bastard Alisson back in goals. Just a bit nervous that today is his return game. It'll be written in the stars if he drops a clanger, and it would be written in the stars for Adrian if he stayed on another game.