Premier League Gameweek 9

SB16

I can't imagine how long our injury list would get if our lot tried to play at the same intensity as Spurs for one half

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don’t be greedy, already signed goal scoring phenomenons Antony and Hojlund
Beginning to doubt the Mount signing, money might have been better spent on Maddison. There again, would how we play change with him or would he just gets dragged down to our pace.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Annoying how difficult we make recruitment look when Spurs have transformed their side with a few shrewd signings built for the pace of the PL. We look miles behind them. (and are 8 points)

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Don’t be greedy, already signed goal scoring phenomenons Antony and Hojlund
Maddison joined the only club that was interested in his service and played really well so far. I don't remember his name was linked with other club at all.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Absolutely embarrassing dive.

Wilt

Beginning to doubt the Mount signing, money might have been better spent on Maddison. There again, would how we play change with him or would he just gets dragged down to our pace.
Willing to give Mount more time ….whereas Antony probably worse signing ever

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He was linked with Newcastle all of last season.
I remember that's the winter window, but did Newcaste bid for his service in summer? I can't remember. Newcastle can offer CL and probably higher salary i imagine, just not London life style.

Blood Mage

It's a big what if but had we picked up Maddison instead of Mount I can't help but feel we'd be doing a lot better.

Wilt

Entertaining though Spurs might regret the amount of chances missed

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
What a difference a year makes. It was around this time last year we beat spurs 2-0 at OT and that was widely regarded as one of our best performances, a sign of things to come under ETH. How did it go so bad so quickly...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Maddison joined the only club that was interested in his service and played really well so far. I don't remember his name was linked with other club at all.
He was supposed to be signing for Newcastle but not sure what happened there. Either they blew the money on Gordon instead or he fancied London more once Spurs got interested.

This is where Kane leaving actually helps a bit otherwise he'd be occupying all the spaces Maddison is currently thriving in and instead he'd have to try to influence play from out wide which is much tougher.

Spurs should comfortably win this now, Fulham were clinging on at the end.

DomesticTadpole

What a difference a year makes. It was around this time last year we beat spurs 2-0 at OT and that was widely regarded as one of our best performances, a sign of things to come under ETH. How did it go so bad so quickly...
Injury crisis at the back, not selling players he wanted out, not spending wisely for a long time, off the field issues, Mr Stroppy Sancho, cannot keep the ball, pace of game too slow, cannot put the ball in the fecking net. His preferred goalie having a couple of howlers. Not knowing what is going on with the sale of the club. The list is long.

Blood Mage

Because football moves on quickly and a manager's tactics usually get found out soon enough if there's little flexibility there as seems to be the case with ETH.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's a big what if but had we picked up Maddison instead of Mount I can't help but feel we'd be doing a lot better.
Fernandes still starts majority of games at number 10 so that's the first big issue right there.

Maddison needs to be starting for England in proper games. Midfield trio of Rice-Bellingham-Maddison looks like it would overwhelm so many teams and that's before adding Foden, Saka and Kane into the mix.

Nogbadthebad

We should have put the money for mount, rasmus and onana together and instead paid whatever it took to get kane.

Lasy years team + kane is a lot better than our current one.

erikcred

How can any United fan watch this and think the atrocious football we play is anywhere near good enough? It's like we play different sports. Fecking Spurs of all teams who couldn't even make Conference League last year.
Easy. Glazer, bad. Manager, good. Maguire, bad. Onana, good. Not getting top-4, bad. Getting top-4 while getting humiliated against our biggest rivals, good.

DomesticTadpole

We should have put the money for mount, rasmus and onana together and instead paid whatever it took to get kane.

I don't have a problem with Rasmus, but we overpaid for him. I also think he needed an experienced striker in with him to learn from. Who exactly is he learning from?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Spurs lost Kane and look far better for it

binary bot
Spurs have had the easiest fixture list by a distance, still look good though

Ludens the Red

Spurs lost Kane and look far better for it
Or is it maybe them not playing a back three with a deep defensive line. Not playing two central midfielders. Not playing a creative player. Not having a manager who dislikes all of the players.

I mean it’s a completely ludicrous and bonkers suggestion that they look better cos Kane left. Replace Richarlison with Kane and Spurs would be significantly better.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fulham playing from the back when Bassey can't pass one little bit.

Maddison with easy finish.