Premier League Matchday 21 (January 1-3)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Imagine if CAF didn't move AFCON to the summer. Eejits.
We'd be beyond fecked, but it was definitely the right move.

(Actually looking forward to the AFCON this year).

RedorDead21

7 points isnt tonnes other seasons,but this season itll surely be too much.
Liverpool will have ticked another tough game off, still not lost and barely conceded a goal.

City need to win tonight, then 4 points will not be insurmountable. Especially if Liverpool see Salah miss a few games
The last 5 games when you haven't won a title in decades will be their hardest to tick off. If City are 7 points behind then I'd still say its possible. We've fecked up similar positions.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We'd be beyond fecked, but it was definitely the right move.

(Actually looking forward to the AFCON this year).
Me too. The players were clearly not up for it. Many of them didn't want to leave their clubs mid season and were out in awkward situations. Now the players can go all out with big players not giving stupid excuses.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The last 5 games when you haven't won a title in decades will be their hardest to tick off. If City are 7 points behind then I'd still say its possible. We've fecked up similar positions.
Possibly but not the way it's going for them. Let's go for a safer approach of city winning tonight for starters!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Might work in our favour that City will feel they have to win. Allows us to play on the counter.

Then again sitting back against this City side can be a painful experience.

I'd take a point right now.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Hoping it's like the Bayern x Madrid match where Pep opened up against Ancelotti and got blasted on the counter.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
A draw for Liverpool and that's all she wrote as far as the title is concerned.

LFCFAN

Supports
Liverpool

Liverpool's last 5 matches really don't look to bad on paper:

Chelsea H
Cardiff A
Huddersfield H
Newcastle A
Wolves H

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Might work in our favour that City will feel they have to win. Allows us to play on the counter.

Then again sitting back against this City side can be a painful experience.

I'd take a point right now.
Definitely. I'm fecking dreading it tbh, first time I don't look forward to us playing in yonks.

taribhumpu

Agreed (African summer heat aside). This was a season where we United fans could have done with a January competition taking Salah and Mane away
No offense adexkola mate, I see as an "Arsenal Supporter" but say "we United fans". Not that I am against it though :)

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Fecking Twitter rumours saying Robertson is gonna miss tonight's match because his missus is in labour :lol: Probably not true, but imagine that. Please god, no. She can hold it in for 8 more hours.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fecking Twitter rumours saying Robertson is gonna miss tonight's match because his missus is in labour :lol: Probably not true, but imagine that. Please god, no. She can hold it in for 8 more hours.
Please be out..id jam wan bissakas 6 pointer into my fantasy team :drool::drool:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn't be ideal but Milner can do a job there. No Moreno please.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
That would be some blow. In that case, I guess it’ll be Milner and then Hendo, Wijnaldum and Fabinho in the middle.

Anyone but Moreno, really:nervous:

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Pressure all on Man City. I'm very calm right now, considering the magnitude of the game.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Have you ever had to hold a piss in for 30 mins on a bus? I thought I was going to die holding it in

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Have you ever had to hold a piss in for 30 mins on a bus? I thought I was going to die holding it in
Nothing better than getting home, running into the garden, and just letting loose - especially with a cool breeze.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Sounds like we've certainly made the same mistakes!
I've been getting my captain's right recently. Rashford against Bournemouth got me a goal and an assist. Had PEA after that who scored for Arsenal too and captained someone else recently who scored a couple.

Guardiola's really trying to push this idea of little City the underdogs. A month ago they were everyone's favourite to run away with it again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've been getting my captain's right recently. Rashford against Bournemouth got me a goal and an assist. Had PEA after that who scored for Arsenal too and captained someone else recently who scored a couple.

Guardiola's really trying to push this idea of little City the underdogs. A month ago they were everyone's favourite to run away with it again.
Both managers are in "at it" mode, both proclaiming the other the "best team in the world", when neither is even the current European champion.
Liverpool have to be favourites, on both recent form, and the 7 point gap!

Inter Yer Nan

City are a very good team, Fernandinho / De Bruyne are fit I think which is a massive plus.

Pep has history coming from behind in a title race against a juggernaut winning almost every match. in La Liga 09/10, Barcelona were a point behind RM before game at the nou camp, then hammered them and went on to win the title 99 to 96 points. Hopefully we'll get a repeat tonight / this season.

City need to play a perfect game from a discipline point of view though. Any whiff of contact in the box and wouldn't be surprised to see another Liverpool penalty.
I think it's nailed on for Liverpool to benefit from a dodgy penalty and/or red card and/or offside goal and win today unfortunately.