Premier League Matchday 21 (January 1-3)

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
Could you be anymore of a pussy :lol: ? "City's to lose" haha
I'm just parroting Utd fans on here. We've had so much luck...we've got a crap midfield...VVD is a charlatan and a spoofer...TAA and Alisson are over-rated...etc etc. How can we possibly be expected to win the league with such a shit team and surely our luck will run out?!

My actual truth is that we're a quality team and we obviously have an excellent chance to win the league. I still think City comfortably - and tellingly - have the best squad, and I probably have them as favourites still. But it's not theirs to lose; right now, it's ours. Though, all it takes is two draws and it probably goes out of our hands. It's on a knife-edge, but we're well in the mix.

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
That Kompany tackle on Salah should have been a red. Pep's tirade on the 4th official should have seen him go off or something. City gets away with murder.
That was a red all day and every day. The ref bottled that one, big time.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That was a red all day and every day. The ref bottled that one, big time.
I don't understand how the pundits were saying it was just a yellow? Both feet off the floor, studs showing... it's a textbook red.

I think the fact that he's Vincent Kompany helped him stay on the pitch.

Pagh Wraith

Very good game between two evenly matched teams. Could have just as likely have finished as a draw or an away win so I wouldn't really draw any conclusions from the game other than City now have a higher chance of winning the league than before kick-off.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-city-liverpool-premier-league-player-ratings
Some of these player ratings...
Ederson 6 vs Alisson 4? Come on. Ederson wandering about in his box was at the heart of what should have been two Liverpool goals, while Alisson's big fault was apparently that he doesn't have superhumanly fast synapses which didn't allow him to save Aguero's rocket fired from point blank range. Denied Aguero late on for what had to be the 3-1. These two need to be at least reversed.
Also a 9 for Sané is way too much. Yes, he scored a super important goal. But he also bungled so many attacks before that. More like a 7.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I missed the game last night and going by the talk it sounded like an even game. Having just watched the extended highlights, City seemed to the better team by a comfortable margin, just like they were in the game at Anfield.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-city-liverpool-premier-league-player-ratings
Some of these player ratings...
Ederson 6 vs Alisson 4? Come on. Ederson wandering about in his box was at the heart of what should have been two Liverpool goals, while Alisson's big fault was apparently that he doesn't have superhumanly fast synapses which didn't allow him to save Aguero's rocket fired from point blank range. Denied Aguero late on for what had to be the 3-1. These two need to be at least reversed.
Also a 9 for Sané is way too much. Yes, he scored a super important goal. But he also bungled so many attacks before that. More like a 7.
Just tried out my tuppence worth, from memory...
MUFC
Ederson 6
Danilo 6
Stones 6
Kompany 6
Laporte 4
Fernandinho 8
David Silva 3.5
Bernardo Silva 6
Sterling 7
L Sané 9
K Agüero 9

Subs:
Gündogan 6
Kyle Walker 6
Otamendi 6

LFC
Alisson 5
Trent A-A 7
Lovren 3
VVD 6
Robertson 6
Wijnaldum 5
Henderson 5
Milner 5
Salah 6
Firmino 7
S Mané 6

Subs:
Fabinho 5
Shaqiri 4
Sturridge 5

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can’t believe the England player cocaine thread got shut before I could post Ruben Loftus-Beak

Member 115509

It was almost surreal last night, smiling when City scored, immediately checking myself and thinking what am I doing, then immediately again realising why I wanted them to win. Klopp was looking for a point I think, with the obvious opportunity to maybe catch City on the break and nick a win. They didn't exactly park the bus, but it was clear City needed the win more.
Quite a good game to watch, Ederson maybe excellent with the ball at his feet but his mad charges off his line when it's clear he is getting nowhere near the ball are almost kamikaze stuff. He and Stones almost contrived to gift Liverpool the goal, it was almost comical the way Stones redeemed himself by just clearing the ball off the line and nutmegging Salah in the process.

I think it's still too tight to call, but Liverpool must surely hit a blip somewhere between now and the end of the season and I think City are better placed to cope with injuries and suspensions if a few players are missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jippy

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just tried out my tuppence worth, from memory...
MUFC
Ederson 6
Danilo 6
Stones 6
Kompany 6
Laporte 4
Fernandinho 8
David Silva 3.5
Bernardo Silva 6
Sterling 7
L Sané 9
K Agüero 9

Subs:
Gündogan 6
Kyle Walker 6
Otamendi 6

LFC
Alisson 5
Trent A-A 7
Lovren 3
VVD 6
Robertson 6
Wijnaldum 5
Henderson 5
Milner 5
Salah 6
Firmino 7
S Mané 6

Subs:
Fabinho 5
Shaqiri 4
Sturridge 5
Robertson deserves at least a 7. One of the best players on the pitch last night.

Fernandinho deserves a 9. I'd give Aguero and Sane 8's. Alisson a 6 maybe? He made some good saves when City were countering on us in the second half.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Carragher would say that, he regularly had tackles like that in his locker.
Fair enough, I'm not saying it wasn't a red, just that I've seen the given and not given. Bailly got sent off for pretty much the same recently but VVD was defended by many on here for the exact same on Mertens in the CL (mostly Pool fans admittedly) which he only got a yellow for. I think Kompany taking the ball first with his arse, then taking the man saved his arse.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Fair enough, I'm not saying it wasn't a red, just that I've seen the given and not given. Bailly got sent off for pretty much the same recently but VVD was defended by many on here for the exact same on Mertens in the CL (mostly Pool fans admittedly) which he only got a yellow for. I think Kompany taking the ball first with his arse, then taking the man saved his arse.
Probably why he got away with it, that and the fact that he didn't actually connect with Salah.