Premier League Matchday 21 (January 1-3)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We enjoyed 26 years of SAF and 13 Premier Leagues.

Whilst you looked at photos of the PL trophy we enjoyed holding it aloft those thirteen times!
So good you said it twice?

Nothing like a good bit of nostalgic history.

I said, I said, nothing like a good bit of nostalgic history.

kidbob

A huge part now will be if City can keep their most important players fit and if Liverpool will have to go for a period without a couple of theirs. With KDB's form last year I'd be inclined to think that City may have picked up a few more points by now if he had been available for even a few more games.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I thought we were really good tonight. Well done, everybody.
:lol:

There was a reason Etihad was full tonight and the loud away supporters could hardly be heard all game. You all pulled together as a united city. The United of Manchester. I said that earlier but got misunderstood. ;)

breakout67

Supports
Man City
listening to BBC5live, pundit saying he has never seen a game like it
Which is nonsense. These types of games went on every season when the PL was at it's peak. The only way you say that is if you are emotionally invested in the result, which would add a little extra to the game.

klsv

"There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how
Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves us
And after all, you're just Pep Guardiola is my idol"

kidbob

Which is nonsense. These types of games went on every season when the PL was at it's peak. The only way you say that is if you are emotionally invested in the result, which would add a little extra to the game.
Watford and Bournemouth arguably put on a way better game of football just yesterday!

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are only first place because of being gifted points against City and Spurs by refs. Ref also tried to give them a leg up by denying a clear penalty for City this game as well.
Definitely this. It's City's to lose. They shouldn't bottle it from here. Our luck has run dry.

ashfritz

Supports
Liverpool
Great game of football. Sloppy from Lovren for both goals but not calamitous, Aguero and Sane still had a lot to do, needed two brilliant finishes. Never seen City work this hard for a win before. Fine margins eh?

Over the next couple of months we'll see what this Liverpool team is really made of.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Just saw the league table, United's goal difference... not a bad improvement in 2 weeks.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So good you said it twice?

Nothing like a good bit of nostalgic history.

I said, I said, nothing like a good bit of nostalgic history.
If ours is nostalgic then yours is prehistoric.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Definitely this. It's City's to lose. They shouldn't bottle it from here. Our luck has run dry.
This is so bizarre. You're 4 points clear with most of your hardest fixtures out of the way, it's clearly still your title to lose.

AngryCroat

Supporting City today was really pathetic from most of you.. It doesn't affect United in anyway.. Just sad

CognitiveNeuro

This is so bizarre. You're 4 points clear with most of your hardest fixtures out of the way, it's clearly still your title to lose.
I can see City winning at Old Trafford and Everton away as well as Chelsea and Spurs at home. I can definitely see Liverpool losing at Old Trafford and dropping points at Everton away, Chelsea and Spurs at home.

If Liverpool even got a draw it would have further dented City mentality and belief after 3 losses in 4 games but now I'm sure they this is gonna give them the belief to go on and win it. They know in the back of their minds that the beat their closest challengers at home and could have won it away. Liverpool will know that they couldn't beat City this season.

This would dent Liverpool's momentum now...feel this would affect them and they would drop points after this.

From a Liverpool fan, like I said before, if Liverpool got a win or draw, I believed that Liverpool will win the title but if City won it, I feel City will win the title.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I can see City winning at Old Trafford and Everton away as well as Chelsea and Spurs at home. I can definitely see Liverpool losing at Old Trafford and dropping points at Everton away, Chelsea and Spurs at home.

If Liverpool even got a draw it would have further dented City mentality and belief after 3 losses in 4 games but now I'm sure they this is gonna give them the belief to go on and win it. They know in the back of their minds that the beat their closest challengers at home and could have won it away. Liverpool will know that they couldn't beat City this season.

This would dent Liverpool's momentum now...feel this would affect them and they would drop points after this.

From a Liverpool fan, like I said before, if Liverpool got a win or draw, I believed that Liverpool will win the title but if City won it, I feel City will win the title.
I’ll offer another point of view. City have already lost to Leicester and Palace, and drew with Wolves. We’ve won all of our games against sides outside the top six.

They could drop more points to sides further down in the table. We might not.

minoo-utd

I thought we were really good tonight. Well done, everybody.
Yes. Game was great though, few details decide it, for me was Bernardo Silva and Fernandinho for City, they were absolute un real it felt like they are on steroids or something.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Great game of football. Hopefully this is one of many points Liverpool drop this season.

CognitiveNeuro

I’ll offer another point of view. City have already lost to Leicester and Palace, and drew with Wolves. We’ve won all of our games against sides outside the top six.

They could drop more points to sides further down in the table. We might not.
You missed my point. City are a side that is capable of going on a winning run of 3-4 months now. They dropped those points in a short period of time and honestly I feel that poor run for them is over now. They already had their dip in form and if they didn't win today Liverpool could have really put a dagger in it. Now it's Liverpool's turn of that drop in form and let's see how they react.

Honestly, I could Liverpool losing at OT and Everton and maybe drawing Chelsea at home and City going on a massive winning run. They have the belief now.

It's B Rubble

Supporting City today was really pathetic from most of you.. It doesn't affect United in anyway.. Just sad
It absolutely directly affects the lives of those fans who BLEED red. Our historically biggest rivals, Pool, just lost their undefeated season bid and it didn’t matter who did it. Celebrating the defeat of your hated rival is one of the most footy things in football.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I can only assume anyone saying this hasn't grown up in northern England and doesn't know what it's like having scouse supporting mates all their life, or realises what the media love in will be like here.

RooneyLegend

Very interesting match to watch although not in a conventional exciting manner. It seemed Pep settled on planning to stop Liverpool from scoring even going as far as sacrificing his own teams offensive capabilities. He abandoned their patterns of play and instead of the fullbacks coming into midield they stayed in position obviously to limit Salah from running into the channel.

The strangest part about all this is seeing a pragmatic side to Pep which is a rarity.
btw that match tells us that when all teams upgrade to that level of intensity we'll be in for some cagey affairs.

What was disappointing from Pool was how they were completely unable to bother City when building up from deep. Klopp seemed very cautious and unwilling to comit enough men to the press. Ultimately cost him the result IMO.

Someone explain to me how Lovren manages to keep a job at Pool despite proving his Incompetence time and time again. Having him and TAA on one side is the sort of fine details that cost sides big matches.

btw just how mediocre is that Pool midfield with the ball? I swear you never see them do anything that could remotely be described as creative. Under pressure the constantly wilt. if they can turn the ball over and find an attacker quickly they are pointless.

moodyred

That Kompany tackle on Salah should have been a red. Pep's tirade on the 4th official should have seen him go off or something. City gets away with murder.

kps88

Just watching the highlights - the one where Mane hits the post, isn't he taken out by Ederson after getting his shot away? If he wasn't then he could have been on his feet to tuck away the rebound. Should it have been a pen? Or can you say advantage was given in the sense that he got his shot away?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
That Kompany tackle on Salah should have been a red. Pep's tirade on the 4th official should have seen him go off or something. City gets away with murder.
Just watching the highlights - the one where Mane hits the post, isn't he taken out by Ederson after getting his shot away? If he wasn't then he could have been on his feet to tuck away the rebound. Should it have been a pen? Or can you say advantage was given in the sense that he got his shot away?
:D:lol::nono:

Darkhorsez

Ha ha ! Was watching the game with my son and his friend. My son’s friend said exactly the same when we were jumping around celebrating City’s goals! I guess you haven’t followed Utd for too long to know our absolute dislike for that team.