Premier League Matchday 21 (January 1-3)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Henderson Milner Wijnaldum midfield :p
Literally the only combination I didn’t want to see.
Fabinho started the Arsenal game by giving away a sloppy ball right in front of our back four and was generally sloppy.

Think I'd go for the headless chicken approach for this one. We've got some options on the bench, although their's are scarier than ours.

CognitiveNeuro

Going with a 1-1 draw here.

Liverpool FC have won just 1 of their last 9 away matches against Manchester City in Premier League.

Liverpool actually has a record of 3 wins 3 draws and 3 losses in the last 9 matches at Etihad according to transfermarkt but I guess that includes CL and other competitions...not a bad record though.

Last edited:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Same midfield we lost all 3 CL away games with..Literally any of Fabinho Keita Shaqiri or Lallana should have started the first three especially

diarm

Joleon Lescott reckons City playing less attacking fullbacks means Liverpools fullbacks will be isolated and less inclined to get forward.

Great analysis Joleon.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Fabinho started the Arsenal game by giving away a sloppy ball right in front of our back four and was generally sloppy.

Think I'd go for the headless chicken approach for this one. We've got some options on the bench, although their's are scarier than ours.
He may have misplaced a few passes but he’s infinitely better than Henderson at all the midfield things. Temp, front foot passing, ability to turn on the ball and receive under pressure, all of which would be vitally important against a city side that will pen us back. Keita and Shaqiri again pretty obvious. I mean we can go for the kill later on in the game, but we really could have gone for the jugular from the start today.

It’s such a terrible midfield, everything about our numbers drops with those three in there.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Hendo has been really good in the past few games.

I like this midfield. Agression, tempo and directness is the formula we need against this city.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Ffs. With that Liverpool midfield, City are now odds-on to retain their asterisk.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else think Kompany will struggle in a game like this?

Darkhorsez

City have been complacent recently - easy when you’ve won the league easily and seemingly coasting it this season. I am expecting them to turn up big today and then go on a run. A convincing beating for Liverpool coming up or egg on my face!

Affirmation

This indeed does feel so strange but I'm obviously really hoping for a City win in this match, they should do it as well.

GM K

It's hard to find any weakness in this Liverpool side. Lovren is it though if you look closely. If Aguero attacks Lovren aggressively, then City will have a good chance.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
People talking about all the pressure being on City but Liverpool are unbeaten, which comes with more pressure in every game.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is City's FBs injured ? Why is he playing Laporte there?

Darkhorsez

It's hard to find any weakness in this Liverpool side. Lovren is it though if you look closely. If Aguero attacks Lovren aggressively, then City will have a good chance.
Agree but their midfield is really far from strong too. I am expecting or should I say hoping that Silva has one of those masterful displays.

Eirelfc84

Supports
Liverpool
I have a bad feeling that city will be clinical and chomping at the bit. If it goes the wrong way then hopefully Liverpool will show they can bounce back or else nerves will start setting in.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
City look very poor so I think Liverpool will batter them.