Premier League Matchday 8

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Funny that, because he’s been great for us whenever he’s been fit. Yes like the rest of our defenders his level went up when VVD came in but that also coincided with him approaching peak years.

It just wasn’t like he was ever bad, he had games early on where he was bullied but that almost never happens now and his aerial ability has come on leaps and bounds. He was the best defender at the club instantly (rest of them weren’t great shakes admittedly)

Goes to show a manager knowing a players strengths and how he fits in his system is vitally important.
Never thought he was bad either. There were just about a dozen CBs in the Bundesliga that were on the same level, and none of them became a CL winner. He was simply nothing special at the time, but right coaching and late development obviously made him that.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I don't believe it. I'm confident the club will stick with him. Game is at Old Trafford, will probably be a draw?
Probably, or narrow win for United now with Rashford and crowd back. We'll probably be knackered from a tough match away to Atletico anyway.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Probably, or narrow win for United now with Rashford and crowd back. We'll probably be knackered from a tough match away to Atletico anyway.
Yeah it's one of these games where all week Utd fans will be clamouring how they're anticipating to get destroyed and in the end they manage to get a draw or smash-and-grab win.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not gonna lie, I'm a bit scared of Brentford.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I don't believe it. I'm confident the club will stick with him. Game is at Old Trafford, will probably be a draw?
A frustrating draw but just enough for Ole to keep his job for the time being.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
A frustrating draw but just enough for Ole to keep his job for the time being.
The way the atmosphere is tanking around here, you might have to swallow the pill of a defeat for the greater good.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Christ we were bad today. Worst I've seen us play under Bielsa (including the whoppings against Man utd). Southampton played well but we were so off the pace it was incredible. We've half the first team out but still, that performance worries the feck out of me.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The way the atmosphere is tanking around here, you might have to swallow the pill of a defeat for the greater good.
I doubt united will sack him knowing top 4 is within reach. He always seems to do just enough. That might be ending soon though with they way they’re playing. Their board and owners are either out of touch or just a bunch of greedy uncaring pricks. The whole rest of the PL supporting world wants him to do just enough whilst his own supporters want him gone. It’s painful to watch

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s so great to see Ruben Loftus-Cheek playing well again. I thought he was done at Chelsea with injuries and loans but he’s came back really strong.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Can't say anything bad about Brentford. They're a proper, proper football team.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I doubt united will sack him knowing top 4 is within reach. He always seems to do just enough. That might be ending soon though with they way they’re playing. Their board and owners are either out of touch or just a bunch of greedy uncaring pricks. The whole rest of the PL supporting world wants him to do just enough whilst his own supporters want him gone. It’s painful to watch
We've been there before though. He always managed to produce good enough results to hang on. The situation now is looking severe as there's a difficult run of games ahead, but he's gotten results against City or Liverpool with his back to the wall before, it seems to be one of his qualities. I trust them to do that again. That the team has the quality to hurt anyone is without doubt.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku was stupid there. That’s such poor positioning.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s so great to see Ruben Loftus-Cheek playing well again. I thought he was done at Chelsea with injuries and loans but he’s came back really strong.
It fills me with so much joy. Like you, I thought he was done. This little renaissance is just superb to watch.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
OGS won't last until xmas. Ronaldo really wasn't a signing you guys needed to make at all and that's showing most games really with how mediocre you guys are when out of possesion.

Mind you Dean Smith won't make 2022 as premier league manager either judging by those last 10 minutes. :nervous: Got PTSD after watching that....

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who is this Brentford keeper? He's dominating absolutely everything in the air.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
What do Chelsea put in their left backs water bottles

RooneyLegend

The other big teams are just so dominant, it's like they play in a different competition to us.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Taylor is a horrific referee. That was a foul on Toney there and he missed it up, then Toney fouls Chalobah and he gives the foul to Brentford. Utter incompetence.

Classical Mechanic

What do Chelsea put in their left backs water bottles
In Chilwell's case he has a cultured left foot. He's taking up positions centrally and hanging about at the edge of the box on Chelsea attacks, it looks like Werner is maintaining the width when this happens so Chilwell becomes a free man.

Ladron de redcafe

Chelsea have started off really well this season. They lost the match against City but they still seem to be the most consistent team in the league.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I had no idea Chelsea bought Sarr
Free transfer during that spending spree when we signed Havertz, Werner etc then immediately shipped out on loan. Understandably slipped under the radar.