Premier League Not So Festive Season

minoo-utd

If Palace continue this way they will lose. Don't know why they are not trying going forward a bit!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why are pundits never able to call an offside how it is? Giroud is obviously onside, and they’re staring at a picture of that being wishy washy about how close it is. And they do this all the time, it’s so weird.

PoTMS

Come on Palace. A Chelsea loss and we're dragged back into the top four race.

Which inevitably means they'll lose despite beating City when I didn't want them to.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I thought we played well. Just missing a bit of creativity / the final ball to break the deadlock.

Giroud onside as well. VAR please. Every match!

Palace have a good defence. We need to keep playing the same way.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I thought we played well. Just missing a bit of creativity / the final ball to break the deadlock.

Yeah, I’m happy with how we’re doing. Palace will tire.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
:nono: He scored that goal against City so now he's the new Lampard.

I think you're right, Kante looks sub-par in this setup.
It's a crazy situation. I get that Sarri favours Jorginho because he's integral to the style they want to play, but it basically takes one of the best DMs going and shoe horns him into a position where he doesn't really impress. We should put a cheeky bid in for him because United and Chelsea frequently do business if the cash is right.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

In terms of the offside, I'm sure the rule is that you are offside if you are past the last line with any part of your body that can be legally used to score. In that context, Giroud was leaning offside with his head. That said, the rule changes every two minutes so I might be wrong.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Can't believe I found people that are actually defending that. Let me spell it out in a bit more detail:

This what he the original statement by some poster was.

The bold part felt ridiculous because it said that even a genuinely fouled player can be deemed to have dived. Which is ridiculous because the formal definition of a dive (called simulation in the rulebooks) literally says that a player is guilty of simulation if he pretends to be fouled or exaggerates an injury.

Geez!
A genuinely fouled player can dive ffs.. I've seen sterling do it tons of times.

As for the bolded part isn't this exactly what he did buddy? He exaggerated the amount of contact and pretended he was hit hard enough to lose his footing when he wasn't. He completely exaggerated the situation by diving on the ground.

Take nothing away from you guys, a great team playing great football but you know, he was kicked and then threw himself on the ground. He literally "dived" onto the ground. I'm not even saying its the wrong thing to do, Raheem does it for us everytime he gets touched as do most other players but it still is what it is.

Salah's a good player but like everyone else he's shit stinks. I don't understand why people try and act like he didn't, he 100% threw himself down. Thats a dive. Its simulation.

The fact players have to dive after contact or they will not get a clear peno is quite sad and a huge issue with ref's but its doesn't mean they don't do it. Yesterday Salah did it.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
This is over because Palace have offered nothing as an attacking entity. Don't see how they can change the flow of the game via the bench.

PoTMS

Come on Palace. A Chelsea loss and we're dragged back into the top four race.

Which inevitably means they'll lose despite beating City when I didn't want them to.
Of course. Useless cnuts.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Cannot believe Palace beat City. How?!

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Cowardly performance from Palace so far. What were they expecting? It's one thing to take a defensive approach and another thing entirely to sit so deep that your midfielders and strikers are stood in different postcodes.

Jazz

Because Andros Townsend hit an absolute worldy out of nothing and then we imploded.
No need to implode when you clearly have the better players. Ah well.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Of course, Kante scores... :lol:
It's to be expected considering the positions he takes up. But he's got 5 goals and assists this season which is nowhere near enough for an advanced midfielder.

Cowardly performance from Palace so far. What were they expecting? It's one thing to take a defensive approach and another thing entirely to sit so deep that your midfielders and strikers are stood in different postcodes.
They will raise their game against the reigning champions. It's been a big stumbling block in this league for retaining the title. In other leagues, teams generally roll over against the big guns because they have dominated the league for so long, but when there is a new title winner every season, smaller teams have more confidence to go at the champions.

Jazz

Leicester beat City then lose to Cardiff at home.

It’s why we all love football.
I guess. Any other time it would be great, but not when it means Pool go clear:mad: