Premier League Not So Festive Season

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thought that was a pen

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So we're just not going to talk about Mane's choke?
Or the Lovren dive, or the stonewall pen for Lacazette. Oliver does this a lot, as does Atkinson. The most biased refs in the league, basically the twelfth man for a big team at home.

bondsname

Crystal Palace are a great team, trying to actually play football and against a much better opposition and do it really well. Always had a soft spot for them

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Or the Lovren dive, or the stonewall pen for Lacazette. Oliver does this a lot, as does Atkinson. The most biased refs in the league, basically the twelfth man for a big team at home.
Everybody does it. But soon, soon, their reign of terror will end.

V----A----R! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing! Save for fixing dreadful errors.

Jazz

Offside from Giroud

Jazz

I know Palace are holding their own so far, but I still can't understand how City lost to them. Just inexplicable.

Smores

Hopefully Palace can hold on til half time, they've been shite this half

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Everybody does it. But soon, soon, their reign of terror will end.

V----A----R! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing! Save for fixing dreadful errors.
Yes and no on the bolded. Jon Moss just guesses half the time because he isn't fit enough to keep up with the play, Mike Dean is scared to make big decisions.

I would say that Andre Marriner is my favourite ref and Kevin Friend is also decent.

Dike_Manc

Someone please explain how Hazard got that free kick? How? He does this type of thing all the time and no one seems to care.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Willian, Luiz and Alonso as free kick options from a central position. Messi aside, it can't get much better than this.

Vadim

Chelsea are still really fecking boring to watch aren’t they?

Walters_19_MuFc

What's the obsession with playing through the middle of teams, even when they're so compact?

It really frustrates me. Chelsea, for all the possession they have had, haven't been able to break down Palace.

They need to get their wingers wide and create overloads down wide areas.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What's the obsession with playing through the middle of teams, even when they're so compact?

It really frustrates me. Chelsea, for all the possession they have had, haven't been able to break down Palace.

They need to get their wingers wide and create overloads down wide areas.
You’d think so, especially when you’ve already got Olivier Giroud on the pitch.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Does anyone else think Kante is a bit of a nothing player in his new role? I mean he's obviously a good player but it's not really natural to him to shuttle higher up the pitch and I can't help but think Chelsea could get someone better for that role.

As an aside, he's one of a heap of current PL players I can't believe United were not all over when he moved.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Story of this game: Palace defending well with 10-11 players while not being much of a threat on the counter.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Does anyone else think Kante is a bit of a nothing player in his new role? I mean he's obviously a good player but it's not really natural to him to shuttle higher up the pitch and I can't help but think Chelsea could get someone better for that role.

As an aside, he's one of a heap of current PL players I can't believe United were not all over when he moved.
:nono: He scored that goal against City so now he's the new Lampard.

I think you're right, Kante looks sub-par in this setup.