Premier League Player/Manager/Goal of The Month Thread

Todd

If you'd been told ahead of time that a United player was gonna be up for this, but not who, would Rashford have been your first guess? Or your second? Or your third?

I mean I would've guessed Eriksen first, and Martinez if not him, and Varane if not him

Raven

Well done to both of them, it's been great seeing Rashford getting his mojo back this season.

Andersons Dietician

Confusing times when at least half his team mates have put in better performances over the month but ummm yeah congrats.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That's a big insult on Lundgren
I'm going to be completely honest now...for about ten...no, twenty seconds I had no idea what you were on about, and even considered (yes, you can do that in that amount of time) googling "lundgren + football player" before...ah, feck, yes: Dolph. Of course, Dolph.

And yes - I suppose it is (an insult).

(To Dolph.)

Andersons Dietician

Must be, especially when it didn't happen.
Eriksen, Martinez, Sancho, McT, Varane, Malacia Dalot all comfortably performed better but yeah sure…. he was ummm somehow player of the month. Seriously anyone thinking he was player of the month needs their head checked.

Walters_19_MuFc

Love to see it. Strange how some ''fans'' seem upset by it. Weird bunch!

When's the last time a United player and manager has got this award in the same month?

Frank White

Eriksen, Martinez, Sancho, McT, Varane, Malacia Dalot all comfortably performed better but yeah sure…. he was ummm somehow player of the month. Seriously anyone thinking he was player of the month needs their head checked.
:rolleyes: what? Going off the criteria the POTM normally follows he was the clear nominee from United and subsequently won the whole thing for having 4 goal contributions in 2 games.

mu4c_20le

I'm going to be completely honest now...for about ten...no, twenty seconds I had no idea what you were on about, and even considered (yes, you can do that in that amount of time) googling "lundgren + football player" before...ah, feck, yes: Dolph. Of course, Dolph.

And yes - I suppose it is (an insult).

(To Dolph.)
:lol:

Tyrion

Feels like it has been ages since a EPL game. I can't even remember who stood out. Feck international breaks.
When I saw this my initial thought was "how many games were there in September?"

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Crazy, who would've thought that about that after the first 2 games. but Eriksen should've won .

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Love to see it. Strange how some ''fans'' seem upset by it. Weird bunch!

When's the last time a United player and manager has got this award in the same month?
Ole and Rashford during ole's caretaker time.

jeepers

I genuinely thought Eriksen would be in there, but this would be a great boost for Rashford, hopefully he’s rid of his injuries and will have a strong season ahead.

Tarrou

this is so awesome for both of them

anyone know the last time we won the player and manager double?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Just goes to show the work that ten Hag has done. Not only with the team but with certain players… he’s 100% improved the likes of rashford, dalot and mctominay. That to me is a top manager.

Von Mistelroum

This can't be serious? Rashford played just about ok. Haaland I really don't like but has been ten times the player Rashford has. Most of our players have been better too.

AndersB

So totally not deserved, but could well be a gift to us by boosting Marcus' self confidence even further. There's nothing I'd love more than to get him back to hid best.*

* Well, there's something, but you know what I mean

Eli Zee

I'm sure if you look at the performance as a whole, 90 minutes of great passes, movement, defense, etc is a "better performance" than someone that makes a a few good runs and a goal, however, the goals/assists make a difference in POTM decisions I believe

Rolaholic

The PL need to burst his bubble instead of naming him POTM multiple times