Premier League to introduce VAR in 19/20 season

Kostur

海尔的老板
Just make sure to train the incompetent cnuts that the English refs are so they know how to use it.

Cloud7

Finally. It’s about time. After seeing all the big calls it’s gotten right in La Liga and Serie A this season, I’m glad the PL have finally decided to stop being cavemen.

Cloud7

It’s a shame that Oscie is no longer here to share his thoughts on this. I would have loved to read his meltdown :lol:

Trizy

I'm for it. They just need to iron out a few things:

• Take the decision away from the on-the-field ref. None of this time wasting shite of walking over to the side lines to watch the same clip 10 times.
  • Panel of independent 3 (or 5) refs make the decision (so it can't be 50%/50%).
  • 10-20 seconds max to make an offside call. You have all the technology and best cameras in the world. It should NOT take long and millions of replays.

Point 2. Realistically a panel of refs could cover all PL games. It would rarely clash with each other VAR calls to waste time.

Reynoldo

I'm for it. They just need to iron out a few things:

• Take the decision away from the on-the-field ref. None of this time wasting shite of walking over to the side lines to watch the same clip 10 times.
  • Panel of independent 3 (or 5) refs make the decision (so it can't be 50%/50%).
  • 10-20 seconds max to make an offside call. You have all the technology and best cameras in the world. It should NOT take long and millions of replays.

Point 2. Realistically a panel of refs could cover all PL games. It would rarely clash with each other VAR calls to waste time.
I can foresee the small clubs kicking off already if they have to wait an extra 30 seconds cos they prioritised a VAR call in one of the big clubs games on at the same time. :lol:

But yes right call overall on this. It really should have been brought in this year as the transition would have been smoother with most people used to it after the world cup but better late than never.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The VAR system will be a bit shaky for a coule of seasons, but with evolutive tweaks this could be the beggining of a much more fair ref decisions.

PoTMS

Great news. Will be wrong on occasion but will vastly outweigh the wrong decisions currently made by our incompetent refs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mental that it wasn't used this season tbh

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Good news. It's working very well in La Liga, some awful calls corrected. Especially that Godin winner last week, which was flagged when he was about a meter onside.

It's not perfect though, needs trained personnel and there can still be mistakes, especially as everyone gets used to how it all works.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Won't be 100% perfect from Day1 but hopefully we will have learned from others who are currently using it.

Drifter

American
Great news. Could have done with it this season with some of the dodgy decisions made against smaller clubs.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
This may have put a few teams off:

So let’s say the goal isn’t scored but the team that was offside retains the ball and scores 10 seconds later and all the defenders raise their hands up. Does the ref stop the flow of game and award the defending tam the ball?
Going to be messy.
What if they dont score but retain the ball. Does the game get stopped?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So let’s say the goal isn’t scored but the team that was offside retains the ball and scores 10 seconds later and all the defenders raise their hands up. Does the ref stop the flow of game and award the defending tam the ball?
Going to be messy.
What if they dont score but retain the ball. Does the game get stopped?
I believe the video referee is constantly monitoring, and if they believe an injustice has happened he can notify the referee.

AndyJ1985

It's ridiculous that it has taken so long. But at least we've finally got there.

Offsideagain

About time too, let’s hope they can do it as well as the Rugby guys although there was a controversial incident last weekend regarding offside. Lawes wasn’t in my view but the Ref said he was, so he was.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good news. I wouldnt be against at least just using it for offside decisions at the start, it's a black and white call and no controversy can come from it.

Penalties will always bring subjectivity but at the end of the day it gives the ref a 2nd and clearer view to make his decision to his understanding of the rules, so you cant ask for more than that really. If he still gets it wrong, it's on the ref, not the system.

meamth

Oh well. Smalling will be writing his resignation letter.

Fellaini will no longer misunderstood by the refs. Justice for him.

Rafaeldagold

So the Pro VAR crowd have got their wish.

Let’s see what happens next season, to be fair during the World Cup it worked pretty well but will it be implemented well here...However my issue with VAR has always been that you’re still going to get contentious/50/50 decisions all over the pitch which in the future may go to review (the cry will be if we have the technology then why not?!) as all can be a ‘game changing decision ‘

If VAR was only used to stop the clearly obvious errors then fine, but we all know that won’t happen & it will be time delaying throughout a game. Also you won’t be able to fully celebrate a goal anymore until the VAR guys have checked it out- it’s just a bit sad to me. I mean at corners all goals could be ruled out of a slight contact is deemed a foul, or a very close offside in the buildup etc.

All this does is solve some problems & being in many more

LInkash

Oh I get it now, so that's why Southgate didn't have Smalling in his squad.

Rafaeldagold

Finally. It’s about time. After seeing all the big calls it’s gotten right in La Liga and Serie A this season, I’m glad the PL have finally decided to stop being cavemen.
It’s not about being ‘Cavemen’
It’s avout whether a system such as VAR is viable to use in a fast paced game such as football, & contray to what you’ve just said I’ve seen VAR used badly & slowing games down & causing confusion. So please don’t try & say VAR is perfect. It’s not. It has the potential to change the way a games played & how we view it.