g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Week 29 5/6 March

arthurka

Am I the only one who thinks Danny Drinkwater could cut it here at United. Everyone is talking about Kanté but I think Danny has been just as good.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
From the BBC site.

"Ahmed Nurein: Claudio Ranieri is destined to get a guard of honour at Stamford Bridge in the final game of the season. It will be epic."

:lol: Please please please please!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Am I the only one who thinks Danny Drinkwater could cut it here at United. Everyone is talking about Kanté but I think Danny has been just as good.
We wouldn't buy someone back who we thought was not good enough. He has been good though. All this talk about Wilshere, yet it should be Drinkwater being picked for the England squad.

prateik

Another matchday where Leicester extend their lead at the top...

It is going to happen... What a season .

lysglimt

Scout
It's unbelievable - but it actually looks like it will happen.

Spurs is bound to drop quite a few Points in april and first week of may. Chelsea, Stoke and Liverpool away and us at home.
Arsenal's fixture list is unimportant - if they get within touching distance of Leicester - they will crack under pressure.
City have us and Arsenal at home - Chelsea away.

Realistically - if Leicester pick up 13-14 Points from their last 9 games - they will probably win. 5 wins and they will probably take the league

justboy68

Leicester's next 4:

Home vs Newcastle.
Away vs Palace.
Home vs Southampton.
Away vs Sunderland.

4 very winnable games and if they can come away with 10 points from that I think they'll have done it.

lysglimt

Scout
Hmm truth be told Huth looks Vida like in this team and we know he was decent at best playing for.Chavs and Stoke. Drinkwater looks good becasue he functions well in this team.
Something like that. Drinkwater turned 26 today - he has since he left United never looked anywhere near good enough to cut if at United. Leicester has created a perfect team - and he has found a perfect role. He wouldn't look that impressive playing for another team

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If they don't win the title now they will be shattered. This is a unique position to be in for many of their players, they won't have this chance in the rest of their careers. Hopefully it motivates them rather than paralyzes them.

Oo0AahCantona

Something like that. Drinkwater turned 26 today - he has since he left United never looked anywhere near good enough to cut if at United. Leicester has created a perfect team - and he has found a perfect role. He wouldn't look that impressive playing for another team
Perfect description of Leicester this season, and why realistically its a once in a lifetime experience for them.

Woodzy

Honestly, I want them to win it so much. Worryingly so in fact. It would be such a special moment for football.

Boycott

We beat WBA and we're two points off Arsenal.

In two weeks they play away at Everton and we're home to Palace. We can overtake them.

Raw

I think 5 wins out of 9 will seal it for Leicester. Spurs have some very tough games left (United H, Liverpool A, Stoke A, Chelsea A). Arsenal's fixtures are mostly pretty easy with Everton A and West Ham A being the more difficult ones (edit: just realised they still have City away too), but it's Arsenal and they could easily bottle it, especially when facing Sunderland and Norwich late on when they could be fighting to stay out of relegation.

75 points to win the title, surely the lowest amount yet? I remember we won it with 79.

Last edited:

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I think 5 wins out of 9 will seal it for Leicester. Spurs have some very tough games left (United H, Liverpool A, Stoke A, Chelsea A). Arsenal's fixtures are mostly pretty easy with Everton A and West Ham A being the more difficult ones, but it's Arsenal and they could easily bottle it, especially when facing Sunderland and Norwich late on when they could be fighting to stay out of relegation.

75 points to win the title, surely the lowest amount yet? I remember we won it with 79.
In 13/14 Le Arse needed 79 to get 4th. Beat that Leiscter.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Spurs have averaged 1.9 points per game this season in what has been a very good season for them, meaning they will finish on 72 points if they keep up their average. So on that basis, Leicester would only need 13 points to finish ahead of them. 4 wins and a draw (mid table form) could well do it.