Premiership Manager sack race 2012/13

Member 39557

The new season is almost upon us. Who do you think will be the first Manager to be shown the door?

Allardyce isn't the most popular figure at West Ham, a few bad results could see him under pressure?

Brendan Rodgers has replaced a hero, if he gets off to a bad start then he could find himself going the way of Hodgson.

AVB: Has he learnt from his Chelsea experience? Will his tactics and management style work better at Spurs?

Roberto Di Matteo: A lot of people think he's living on borrowed time until somebody better comes along. How much time will the CL victory buy him?

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
DiMatteo is in the most danger IMO. The scouse fans have already taken to Rodgers and he's playing up to the victim mentality so he's safe.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This made me imagine all the managers lined up ready to have an actual sack race.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
This made me imagine all the managers lined up ready to have an actual sack race.
:lol: Same. Was looking for a photo that someone could photoshop, and came across this:

:lol::lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Who would actually win out of a real sack race?

Martinez for me, there's something about him that just tells me he's done this before.

Count Orduck

'Course, we're all ignoring the distinct possibility that AVB will repeat his disastrous spell at Chelsea with Spurs.

stubie

Wenger?

They sell Van Persie and start off shit maybe fan power will force the board to react.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
DiMatteo is in the most danger IMO. The scouse fans have already taken to Rodgers and he's playing up to the victim mentality so he's safe.
WTF? Some people can't help themselves.

There is certainly a lot of pressure on DiMatteo now. I think he might struggle.

I think Steve Clarke will also struggle.

Rodgers is safe no matter what happens I think.

I'll stick with my pick of Sam Allardyce
They hate his football, they only tolerated whilst they were winning, they start to not win and they'll be on him straight away

buckooo1978

i think Di Matteo

Chelsea are going to struggle with only Torres and Sturridge up front

I have a feeling Norwich will get hit by second season syndrome bad - lambert was great for them and Chris Hughton has history of getting sacked early on

Mighty Boosh

Interested to see how Laudrup gets on, don't think he's a particularly good manager myself so he could be in trouble if Swansea don't get off to a decent start.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I'm not sure if it counts, but I'm quite sure Martin O'Neill has been expelled from the universe after spending the best part of £14 million on Steven Fletcher. A bald man from Scotland who's once or twice headed a ball into a goal.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
WTF? Some people can't help themselves.
He has though. Submitting ludicrous dossiers. Making funny in-jokes about the players, YNWAing up a storm. He's locked in baby.

Di Matteo for sure. Any poor stretch of form and it's curtains.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
He has though. Submitting ludicrous dossiers. Making funny in-jokes about the players, YNWAing up a storm. He's locked in baby.
Don't be a twat. How is submitting a dossier ie. preparing for an interview "playing up to the victim mentality"? And what does the rest of your shite even mean?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Allardyce. The amount they have spent so far if they don't do fairly well then he's gone.

mkecane

Hughes spent a lot of money and got 0-5. Hughton spent little money and got 0-5. Hughes is the early leader.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I'll be shocked if it isn't Hughes. Big investment to the squad over the summer, and worse results. 10 games without a win is a shocking stat.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Hughes and probably McDermott too. There is only so long you can go without winning a game

Member 39557

I'll be shocked if it isn't Hughes. Big investment to the squad over the summer, and worse results. 10 games without a win is a shocking stat.
The chairman has ben very supportive, but if he doesn't get a win soon then Hughes has to go doesn't he?

I think Adkins is on dodgy ground too.