Preseason Tour Game 1: Man Utd vs Club America (Friendly, Friday 20th July 03:00 BST)

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Here's a more balanced view re Chong from Jose. Nothing here that anyone can disagree with.

“Tahith was good,” Jose said. “He came with the intention to show himself and in a moment when we had no strikers on the pitch, after Anthony Martial had left, we needed people to create and have some initiative, which he did.

“The action for the cross which led to the goal was beautiful. He was enthusiastic and he had the confidence to play. Of course, physically he has limitations and when he has one more touch, and that body contact, he loses for everyone. But when he makes the ball move and when he attacks people one against one he has quality. He is a good kid.”

”We have plans to make him [Chong] train the most possible times with us because that increases his evolution. He has to play where he belongs, he has to play in the Academy and he has to work physically because physically is where he’s not ready. Technically he’s very good, tactically he understands the game. He understands his position. From the physical point of view, when the game gets into important situations, he’s in trouble, he’s fragile. He’s a kid, he’s still a kid, the talent is there, the personality is there, the passion, the desire to play, the humility to learn, so it’s a fantastic experience for him if he can play like today 20-25 minutes in every one of these five matches. If during the season, he trains with us and if during the season, he has a couple of occasions to play minutes with us, I don’t know, it depends, especially some cup matches. Of course he’s a good kid and it’s not for today, but for sure, he’s a good kid.”

It's amazing how when you just lift one or two quotes here and there it can come across so negative.
I really love Mourinho when he goes into this studious detail explaining a player’s qualities. It feels as though he’d speak for the night discussing this facet of the game. The man is football-obsessed.

ROFLUTION

I don't understand jose's comment on Chong's physicality. When I watch him he seems physically dominating.

More informed people here, do you have the same view as jose's on this?
Watching today's pre season game he has been shrugged off the ball 3-4 times in the first half so far. Jose's comments make perfectly sense.. both the good and the bad