Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Well, at least I'm ready for an early night after that. I'll be fresh tomorrow morning. My boss will be happy.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We’ll have Lukaku and Fellaini back soon; makes sense to get the team ready to play for them during preseason.
I forgot Fellaini too! Hehe.

Surely we would be better with Matic,Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Fellaini and Maguire/Alderweireld ?!

That's more than half of our team missing.

el3mel

Finally this shite is over. 90 minutes of my life lost.

We need to be a lot better against Leicester. Otherwise we're up for a very shaky start.

Art Vandelay

We have Rashford and Alexis and can't even get one shot on target
We're playing away to Bayern Munich in a meaningless pre-season friendly for fitness with a lot of our first team missing. No we couldn't get one shot on target with Rashford and Sanchez. It's not the end of the world, it's a friendly with unfit/missing players.

seanboy

I usually think people go over the top about performances on this...but not today. Brutal

redrash

Utd are dull when winning, dull when losing, dull when drawing, dull in competitive games dull in friendlies.

No joy to how they approach the game, do people think this has no impact on our transfer dealings? Can you imagine top talent eager to join this.
so true, looking at the football being played by ourselves and the scousers I think it would be a no-brainer to choose to play for them, they might not win anything but at least it would be exciting to be in that team rather then play this joyless soul sucking drivel

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You can tell what the plan is with United but the players just don't look like they can pull it off. I remember when we went to Stamford Bridge under Van Gaal when Jose was their manager, we had 70% of the ball but Hazard needed just one chance and it was over. Yeah we attacked but they didn't ever really look out of control. United have had a handful of games like that, the FA cup semi last year, the Liverpool home game, the Europa League final, but its not really consistent. We've got a good shape when defending but when pressed we're very panicky and we don't counter with any kind of menace much of the time. Tonight was another testament to that.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Chong was enthusiatic, but had the touch of concrete post. He is very far from the first team, we can simply can not afford Martial to be sold.

Faetheshire86

Should have played an easier opponent to build a bit of confidence/rhythm to our play. Watched us chase shadows for the last 270 minutes, where do I collect my medal?

tidraKS

It doesn’t matter if it is preseason or not.

1. We cannot make 3-4 consecutive successful passes on 90 minutes and that is worrying.
2. Bayern had less games under their belt than us and still their fitness level seems higher.
3. We play 3 midfielders and still get super dominated there.
4. Our amount of pressure is equal to zero.

I think we will not have a better season than we had last year. We’ll be good against Leicester, probably win there, and we’ll win matches against teams that do no pressure at all, but when coming to games against big teams at England, like City, Liverpool or Tottenham who like to do pressure just like Bayern, we’ll get back to these performances like tonight.

Mainoldo

We're playing away to Bayern Munich in a meaningless pre-season friendly for fitness with a lot of our first team missing. No we couldn't get one shot on target with Rashford and Sanchez. It's not the end of the world, it's a friendly with unfit/missing players.
What was we practicing exactly? Was it meaningful for Bayern because they actually decided to play football.

Blackwidow

I reckon most of the travelling supporters who've forked out to go to Munich will be less hysterical than in here.
Up there with the worst games i've seen, preseason or not. Imagine being one of those poor supporters going to see this game.
Probably were all day in a beergarden or watching half naked people in the Englischer Garten... They hopefully have had their fun today... :cool:

Our wingers (apart from Kimmich) and Martinez (but he played defense the recent weeks) have the full preseason. The rest (central midfield and defense) had their first match.

Patrick08

You are a goal down and yet you can't seem to keep the ball and play possession? Absolute Mechanical stubbornness by Jose Mourinho.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That match and that football played by United just now is the football form of depression.

Mister_Stubbs

Can’t wait to play like this next Friday only for those of you who say “pre season doesn’t matter” to wake up and realise how much shit we are in with this man in charge.

walkinhop

Loving the excuses. Unfit, missing, blah, blah. There are few days left and we didn't fail at attacking to excuse missing personnel. We didn't try to.

Walters_19_MuFc

A pre season to forget.

Regardless of not having our full team, performances have to be a lot better than that.

Jose will be like 'I told you so' to the board, but no way is he getting the best out of what we have. We look clueless, and a big part of that is down to him.

Ekeke

We were just missing a central defensive playmaker to play longballs towards McTominay when he came on supporting the striker. Nothing to worry about

Andersons Dietician

Right time to prepare for the onslaught from the Top Red club. Probably already had a field day in the clubhouse.

Can’t really say that much on the game, Lindelof and Bailly looked promising, there isn’t really a rhythm to our game at all, hopefully Pogba, Lukaku and the likes returning improve what we are seeing as this looks really poor.

Barack O'Bama

Bayern’s league doesn’t start for three weeks I believe. Just think about that for a second after how we performed tonight.

marktan

:lol: Like it's only about this game. We're already out of the top 6 according to some of you maniacs.
The problem is we played dire football for a lot of last season, and we've literally only signed Fred (a midfielder) to help rectify that. People are looking for signs of change, but the manager's not going to suddenly change, we've not signed anyone in attack, the player's aren't suddenly going into the second coming of Ronaldo, so people have a right to be worried.

wolvored

Oh thank feck for that. Where would we be without your constant soul destroying bullshit?

:lol: Keyboard warrior.
I'm on about your name calling you silly child. Shouldn't you be in bed by now or has mommy let you stay up late. By the way we were shit second half as well

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We urgently need a winger folks.

Tomorrow morning we must buy Zaha.

Fauzan

What a horrible pre-season, but probably not surprising for me personally.
Our football with all our best players is severely unimaginative & inept going forward so a broken squad wouldn't fare any better.

Jose is out of ideas, there is no system or intelligent movement to whatever team he sends out. It always looks disjointed in attack, game in game out.

Confidence going into a new season has never been lower. Top 4 at best judging by the way things are progressing!