Preseason Tour Game 6: Bayern v Man Utd (Friendly, Sunday 05 August 19:15 BST)

Sanche7

Some people watch the match just to complain, it's funny reading the comments though:D

Toad

definitely looking a tad lost without our senior full backs. They are doing fine, just not looking like they will make a difference thus far.

Joseunited

Some posts here.
If I wasn't watching the game myself, I would think we have been terrible.
We need to do better going forward, no doubt but I like what I am seeing so far.
Which is what exactly?Sitting deep and hoofing it clear if you get the chance to nick the ball off them.

izec

Some posts here.
We need to do better going forward, no doubt but I like what I am seeing so far.
We have been terrible offensively. 30 minutes played and we didnt have a sniff of a chance. How can anyone like whats offered a week before the season is baffling. We should be miles ahead fitness wise

wolvored

Almost like you're being a miserable bastard just for the hell of it then.
Mate you talk shit. I'm telling it as it is for the ones who can't see the match. Shall I tell lies and say we're playing fantastic. Take your red tinted glasses off. Watch what your saying as well

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
At the first water break I'm not unhappy with the performance thus far. As you'd expect, Bayern has dominated the ball and we've been a bit lacking on the counter without Lukaku as an outlet. However, we have coped fairly well with the Bayern pressure and both Bailly and Lindelof look to have their heads screwed on. Unfortunately, despite looking good down the spine of the team, we've been lacking in wide areas: Mata, Darmian and Shaw have all had average to worse showings so far.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Paddy’s knocked his Coke over :lol:

Not a great game honestly...

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Some posts here.
I like the look of Fred, the team look solid and Bailly and Lindelof look particularly so at the back. However we've done nothing with the ball whatsoever. I'd like to see more of an idea from us in possession before I'd say I'm liking it.

Sandyman

Can't believe we are focusing on getting in another CB when the full backs are what need upgrading

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You know the kit is absolutely fecking faboulous. I wasn't sold on it when I first saw the leaks but watching the guys play in it is totally different. Amazing effort.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So Shaw looks like he’s trying a lot harder. Sanchez simply can’t operate in that position. Bailly still can’t pass a football. Bayern are using this as a training session as if we are one of those bottom half bundesliga teams. We need to play with the ball ffs

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Rashford has looked sharp when running into the channels but not much else happening.

Nowhere near as bad as you guys are making out. It's a pre-season friendly with half our first team on the pitch.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
We aredull like last season, probably something to do with the system and a manager who wants to play like that:annoyed:
On the other hand Bayern are hardly exciting either.

Going one by one.. think midfield is fine even though Fred is finding is feet a bit but Rashford can't hold the ball up top, in fact to do anything. Mata is pointlessm to weak and slow to stretch the play or hold the ball. Sanchez looks like class trying not to get rid of the ball as soon as it gets to him.

Lindelof and Bailyl are both not really that good on the ball what other people think, didnt make single successful pass forward hoofing in hope

MadMike

We haven’t had a whole lot of the ball, Mata has done well closing down and making it difficult for Bayern in my opinion.
That's not his job though. That's expected of every footballer on the pitch. His job is to be involved in the creative side of the game and every time the ball goes near him we tend to lose it at the moment. He's not making runs, he's not controlling the ball and he's not offering link ups. The difference in energy from Sanchez is obvious.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I hate he way we approach games with a passion. This manager has no desire to compete for the ball.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Just like in the important games of the last two seasons we're looking intent to attack but lack the creativity or the precision with the last ball to score.

I think Kimmich just called his opponent a dog. :lol:

AndyJ1985

Our full backs suck so hard. Why not prioritise that position instead of a CB?