g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Press Conference for Arsenal | Martial, Herrera, Matic back

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Solskjaer on his summer plans
The manager has revealed that he is helping the club plan for a summer recruitment drive.

“Well, as far as you need to look pre season we’ve looked into and you look at players,” he added.

“Hopefully the ones who sign will stay for many many years so depends how you look at that.”

Solskjaer on mood around the camp following PSG win
Solskjaer said he had no problem in bringing his players back down to earth following their epic win in midweek.

“No problem whatsoever,” said Solskajer.

“We’ve gone through to quarter-finals, which is what we sometimes expect at Manchester United.

“It was the way it happened of course, the celebrations at the end, after scoring so late. Then again, there’s no problem, we’ve got Arsenal, a fantastic game to get ourselves ready for again.”

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He must get sick to death of all the questions about a permanent contract. I’m sick to death listening to them that’s for sure.

CG1010

If Martial is available to start, it would be huge ! Also getting even one of Matic/Herrera to start would be great as I don't trust either Perriera or Fred (in PL) despite their good performances recently. Will get us to have a proper XI without stop gaps here or there.
Wish Lingard could have been back too

Adamsk7

Personally I think he’s already got the job but the club will wait until the last game to announce it. He’s so universally loved by the players and fans, there’s no way with the contract deals that have been done and the big ones still left to be done (De Gea, Herrera), that we won’t have used his appointment to help get them signed.

It must be bloody annoying for him to have to keep answering the same question but I understand why they have to keep asking.

Great that Martial is back and Matic and Herrera are in contention. Think Ole should stick with McT and Fred though along with Pogba unless they are fully fit. Front three of Martial, Lukaku and Rashford

Reactions: Sultan

willhse456

Can they just ban the questions about his future, it's literally asked every press conference and he gives the same answer every single time :rolleyes:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Matic, Herrera and Martial back is massive for us. I hope that if they are properly fit, Ole doesn’t decide to ‘reward’ lesser squad players and bench these guys. Matic and Herrera in particular will give us a much better chance against Arsenal, and it’s a crucial game.

simon2727

Imo matic Herrera and martial should not start unless being proven 100% fit.. do not want to repeat the lingard mistake... we need the whole squad available for future games.

TRUERED89

----------------------De Gea-------------------

---Dalot-----Smalling----Lindelöf------Shaw

----------------------McTominay---------------

------------------Fred---------Pogba-----------

---Rashford-----------Lukaku----------Martial---

If Martial is fit enough to start we could possibly see this...

cbmufc

I’d be inclined to be extra cautious with the 3 of them.

All on the bench, on if necessary.

pascell

The manager has revealed that he is helping the club plan for a summer recruitment drive.

“Well, as far as you need to look pre season we’ve looked into and you look at players,” he added.

Hopefully the ones who sign will stay for many many years so depends how you look at that.”

Solskjaer on mood around the camp following PSG win
Solskjaer said he had no problem in bringing his players back down to earth following their epic win in midweek.

“We’ve gone through to quarter-finals, which is what we sometimes expect at Manchester United.

“It was the way it happened of course, the celebrations at the end, after scoring so late. Then again, there’s no problem, we’ve got Arsenal, a fantastic game to get ourselves ready for again.”
SanchON :drool:

Mihai

He must get sick to death of all the questions about a permanent contract. I’m sick to death listening to them that’s for sure.
I also don't understand the point of asking these questions time and time again. I understand that this is the most awaited and talked about thing in English football atm, but Ole said so many times that they won't get a reply from him. And given how Ed is looking at social media numbers, it will definitely be the club to unveil it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I am actually happy we are playing Arsenal. You worry sometime after a game like Wednesday that the next game can be a bit flat, but this is Arsenal, a big game. They will be fired up. Ole was about when this was really a bitter rivalry, he knows what to do.

ohhrooney

There's the biggest difference between Ole and Mourinho.

The latter said we should be accustomed to losing when we went out against Sevilla.

Last edited by a moderator:

GBBQ

“Hopefully the ones who sign will stay for many many years so depends how you look at that.”
A little veiled dig at Mourinho's short-term-ism for the likes of Willian, Alderweireld and Perisic?

I am actually happy we are playing Arsenal. You worry sometime after a game like Wednesday that the next game can be a bit flat, but this is Arsenal, a big game. They will be fired up. Ole was about when this was really a bitter rivalry, he knows what to do.
yeah Arsenal is probably better for focusing the minds than say Brighton or Bournemouth

Brightonian

If they're fully fit, been training without concession, and there are no concerns, then by all means play them.

If there are any question marks at all, don't. Bring them on for half an hour or whatever at the end. The second string have proved they are more than up to the challenge and deserve to be trusted if necessary.

I'd actually like McTominay in particular to start, if he's got the energy for it. He monstered Verratti at times on Wednesday, and we know that Arsenal don't like it up 'em. Let's play a high intensity and run them off the park.

nycender

If true Arsenal are fecked. I’ve missed this feeling :devil:

Trizy

Herrera :drool:

I'd imagine non will start. Although Martial would be a huge plus. It's just great to have them back.

Brightonian

Yep, this. Herrera and Matic to get 20/30 minutes at the end if appropriate.

Kapardin

We’ve gone through to quarter-finals, which is what we sometimes expect at Manchester United.

That's our true "football heritage". Love Ole.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

Sancho and De Ligt incoming? Hopefully this puts to rest ever the notion of signing the likes of Bale.

Bola

Imo matic Herrera and martial should not start unless being proven 100% fit.. do not want to repeat the lingard mistake... we need the whole squad available for future games.
I agree. Unless they are at 100%, they should only make the bench

youngrell

Get Martial on the field if he's 100%. Wouldn't mind Rashford getting a rest, I'm still not convinced he's completely fit since Liverpool.

The Purley King

Get Martial on the field if he's 100%. Wouldn't mind Rashford getting a rest, I'm still not convinced he's completely fit since Liverpool.
He's either not 100% fit due to the ankle, or just knackered - or both . Don't have the stats to hand but would not be surprised in the least if he's run and sprinted much less in the last two games as he's done in the 5 or 6 before that.
I'd still start him against Arsenal and tell him to give 100% for 50-60 minutes and then we can bring Martial on instead. After this we have a whole week until Wolves in the Cup, so if needed he can sit that one out. Arsenal game is way too important imo.

Devil may care

I'd seen a few articles on Matic possibly being fit for this and we knew Martial was close but Herrera is a real surprise. Not sure if Ole will risk starting any of them bar Matic though, Ander's style is like Lingard's so might need a slower reintroduction.

deadrevelz

Wouldn't be surprised to see this, with Rashford being asked to help out Dalot defensively. Only issue is Rashford doesn't look fit to me, he was mostly poor against PSG apart from a couple of great moments. Hasn't looked right since the injury.

I'm happy to see if Fred can continue where he left off against PSG.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
We could have a headache up front if Lukaku and Rashford need a rest. The former looked out on his feet towards the end the other day and Rashford seems to have played through a niggle. Hopefully one or the other can lead the line and Martial can come in.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Sancho and De Ligt incoming? Hopefully this puts to rest ever the notion of signing the likes of Bale.
I have a feeling he's talking about players who could be renewing contracts already at the club. The likes of De Gea, Pereira and Herrera.

SSSSnake

I hope we're really up for Sunday! Arsenal are not playing well defensively so I'm hoping Lukaku will bully them along with some Rashford magic.

Seven Seas Sardines

Please make it happen! Even though I'd want at least one left-footed winger at a club like Manchester United, and one could argue that we could do with a left-footed CB as well. Sacrificing a few years in exchange for balance wouldn't be too bad either (Koulibaly+Douglas Costa).

Bwuk

If Martial is fit to start we have to start him, Arsenals full backs are terrible.

I expect Matic will start if he's properly fit. Herrera maybe and Martial will be on the bench. No sense risking an early comeback when Lukaku is in such good form.

lysglimt

Scout
We could end up with a situation where the injuries rescued our season.

We will soon have 4-5 key-players back after a 2-3 weeks long vacation - and instead of being exhausted, they could have really fresh legs….Martial, Herrera, Lingard, Mata, Matic - it could turn out to be a Nice bonus for us.

Mr President

Anyone have a translation of his Norwegian podcast? Seems to be a few interesting tidbits from it appearing in the press.
Im norwegian and hes not saying anything he wouldnt say to the english press. Same questions and the same answers. Nuffin new unfortunatley