Press Conference: Olympiacos (H) 19/3/14

Player Red

Moyes and an as yet unidentified player due to attend a presser at 2pm GMT. Not that we should imagine anything interesting to come out of it. Only chance of that would be something from the player.

Cal?

CR7 fan
We've still got a good chance and need to work hard, Ashley and Antonio are well rested and ready for this important game. :(

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Players are well coached in avoiding questions, so it will be more of the usual.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
Lovely, thanks lads, I'll look forward to this...
Me too. I may book the afternoon of work so I can tune into this live.
I can't wait to see this grinning dickhead say shit like "we never expected Sunday" "we went into the game in good form" & my personal favourite "I don't know what we have to do to win"

Born fecking loser

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Me too. I may book the afternoon of work so I can tune into this live.
I can't wait to see this grinning dickhead say shit like "we never expected Sunday" "we went into the game in good form" & my personal favourite "I don't know what we have to do to win"Born fecking loser
I was talking about his media handling/mindset earlier in fact, I'd personally prefer him to say "I've been awful to date", at least then we can agree, it get's a lot of fan's backs up after a torrid performance and he says things like "we were unlucky", no, we played awfully. The players are shot of confidence, and he really needs to do something crazy to motivate them.

Perhaps Big Sam can have a word... http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/health/psychology/big-sams-guide-to-motivation :lol:

Mauzindark

I just hope it's not Giggsy. I have so much respect for what he's done for United. If the man walks up and backs Moyes he'll just lose all credibility in my eyes atleast..

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I just hope it's not Giggsy. I have so much respect for what he's done for United. If the man walks up and backs Moyes he'll just lose all credibility in my eyes atleast..
Why? Would you rather he come out and say "David Moyes? Not a fan, hate the cnut... Love his daughter though....

The point is, I'd rather he come out and put to bed the press, it's another animal on Moyes/The Team's back. He needs to find a way to motivate this squad and quickly.

Tarrou

Bit harsh to lose all respect after 20 years of winning trophies for us, for just backing his manager.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It will be Giggs... club will be keen to squash these rumours as clearly as possible

If not Giggs, then Rooney... or maybe Carrick or Evra.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Blah blah, players are hurting, blah blah they are improving in training, etc. etc.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

"All the goys are right gehind the manager 'ere at United."
"Thanks, Wayne."
"Can I have some more money now, boss?"

Mauzindark

Why? Would you rather he come out and say "David Moyes? Not a fan, hate the cnut... Love his daughter though....

The point is, I'd rather he come out and put to bed the press, it's another animal on Moyes/The Team's back. He needs to find a way to motivate this squad and quickly.
Bit harsh to lose all respect after 20 years of winning trophies for us, for just backing his manager.
Let me put it this way. Giggsy has been my greatest football idol of all time. And probably the biggest reason for our success under Fergie. Therefore I've put him up on a pedestal. And to see the man putting forth PR friendly quotes instead of speaking the truth about a horrible managerial job will tarnish his image in my eyes. To me it'll just be a betrayal of the club rather than Moyes who is clearly out of his depth. Then again I'm in a cynical place right now given the possibility of Liverpool winning the title. Have a horrible feeling about our future, at least under the current manager. The longer the players and board back him up the tougher the road back to normalcy will be for us. He's already set us back a couple of seasons at least. Just want someone from within the club to come out and call a spade a spade. Admitting a mistake was made is much better than sticking by it to the bitter end.. :(

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Let me put it this way. Giggsy has been my greatest football idol of all time. And probably the biggest reason for our success under Fergie. Therefore I've put him up on a pedestal. And to see the man putting forth PR friendly quotes instead of speaking the truth about a horrible managerial job will tarnish his image in my eyes.
In which case, you'd rather he publicly criticize our manager?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's going to say that they are favourites, isn't he?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Hmm I'd term it as speaking the truth tbh... And doing what's best for the future of the club.
In which case, we horrendously disagree, you feel it'll "Ruin Giggs Legend" to NOT criticize the manager publicly? I'm sorry but that's possibly one of the most daft things i've read on here.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yes, never mind the whole 'shagging everyone in sight' business - if Ryan Giggs comes out today with a bunch of PR-crafted, contractually-obligated bland soundbites, I will incinerate my official Manchester United pyjamas and shave off my voluminous chest-hair in disgust.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Let me put it this way. Giggsy has been my greatest football idol of all time. And probably the biggest reason for our success under Fergie. Therefore I've put him up on a pedestal. And to see the man putting forth PR friendly quotes instead of speaking the truth about a horrible managerial job will tarnish his image in my eyes. To me it'll just be a betrayal of the club rather than Moyes who is clearly out of his depth. Then again I'm in a cynical place right now given the possibility of Liverpool winning the title. Have a horrible feeling about our future, at least under the current manager. The longer the players and board back him up the tougher the road back to normalcy will be for us. He's already set us back a couple of seasons at least. Just want someone from within the club to come out and call a spade a spade. Admitting a mistake was made is much better than sticking by it to the bitter end.. :(
You could've just said 'boohoo, I don't like Moyes and I'll dislike Giggs now if he doesn't say what I want him to say :(".

Mauzindark

In which case, we horrendously disagree, you feel it'll "Ruin Giggs Legend" to NOT criticize the manager publicly? I'm sorry but that's possibly one of the most daft things i've read on here.
Err guess I'm just daft then. Anyway let's agree to disagree. I feel very strongly on the issue of players being honest with the fans instead of just saying the politically correct things. Maybe most don't but I can make peace with that. :)

You could've just said 'boohoo, I don't like Moyes and I'll dislike Giggs now if he doesn't say what I want him to say :(".
Well I am a bit of a crybaby so that assessment seems about right. I want my cookies. I want them in a stack. And I want them now. ;)

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Err guess I'm just daft then. Anyway let's agree to disagree. I feel very strongly on the issue of players being honest with the fans instead of just saying the politically correct things. Maybe most don't but I can make peace with that. :)
If a player comes out and doesn’t play the PR game it causes far more hassles than if they do.

Don’t be silly.

If/when Moyes does get the bullet I would still expect the players not to criticise him

Mauzindark

If a player comes out and doesn’t play the PR game it causes far more hassles than if they do.

Don’t be silly.

If/when Moyes does get the bullet I would still expect the players not to criticise him
Fair enough. I get your point guess I was being over-dramatic.

redevil2

Just saw Skynews quoting the official web site. That's the thing we fans can only do so much to win the game. Moyes is delusional if he thinks we can win 3-0 by not having a plan A and Plan B.

He needs to be pro active but judging from his statement, he has no such mentality. He's such a defensive manager which is not United quality to say the least. He needs to learn that being the boss if the biggest club in the world and the Champions, he goes into a game to win overwhelmingly and not just to get by. His mentality will instil into the minds if players. He's not doing anything positive by being so passive!!!

"We have to go for the throat to get the win. We won't be gung-ho but we will certainly go with a mindset to overhaul the deficit as quickly as we can.

"We won't be reckless as we could find ourselves with a bigger mountain to climb but we can be forceful. We have to be if we're to keep ourselves in the Champions League."

WTF talking about reckless?! Go positive and pro active!