Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

Stretch

It's that look you look you give your best friend when you've just got lucky with the hottest broad in town. "Can you believe this shit?"

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What's with this creepy smile he keeps?

That's his "we just lost 6-0 to relegation fodder" grin. Can you believe our luck? We had 59% possession and despite the fact they only had 11 shots on target they scored 6 goals and due to a minor miracle we managed to score none from our 40 crosses. That's no goals from 672 crosses this season, that's so unlucky.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Journos: David, what are you thoughts for Saturdays game against West Brom?

Moyes: Well, it's a game of football and two teams will walk onto the pitch to play.

Journos: Do you expect the team to react after the poor performance in Greece.

Moyes: Would your boss expect you to react if you had a poor day on the job?

Journos: Has there been any concern regarding Van Persies comments about players playing in his area?

Moyes: Robin is a great player and Rooney is a great player and great players can play together.

Journos: Have you got any injury concerns going into the game?

Moyes: Yes.

Journos: Any particular injuries you're concerned about David?

Moyes: Yes.

Journos: Can you elaborate please David?

Moyes: All I can do is take each question as they come. I'll try my best and I'll keep trying my best.

Journos: David, exactly who are you concerned about in relation to injuries?

Moyes: I'm particularly concerned about injuries to the players.

Journos: You can be a real dick sometimes David.

Moyes: So they keep telling me but I've never seen it for myself. Maybe if I wasn't so unlucky.

Last edited:

Drifter

American
What are some expecting him to say in his press conference,What ever he does say only seems to upset them.

soapythecat

From what I just seen on SSN, I thought he came across well. Certainly seemed more composed and direct than previously. Maybe, he is starting to get the hang of this interview lark.
I'm sure there will be the majority of the Caf able to make some negative spin on it.
For what it's worth, I thought the open letter to supporters was spot on, honest and to the point. But he still can't do right.

Alock1

Perhaps Fergies public vote of confidence in him has helped his confidence.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
David Moyes says Nemanja Vidic’s replacement could come from within. “I’ve got young centre-backs & I want to see what they’re capable of.”
I like this. Honestly Smalling/Jones have amazing potential. I want to see them pair up ASAP.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I like this. Honestly Smalling/Jones have amazing potential. I want to see them pair up ASAP.
I think/hope he is talking about Jonny Evans, think he is club captain material tbh. I would have said Smalling/Evans before this season but Smalling has been worryingly poor this season (I know he is played out of position most of the time)

Getsme

Evans, Jones, Smallng and Keane to step up.
Not a bad choice of CBs, biggest issue is not the talent but the injuries.

Getsme

I think/hope he is talking about Jonny Evans, think he is club captain material tbh. I would have said Smalling/Evans before this season but Smalling has been worryingly poor this season (I know he is played out of position most of the time)
I agree, although I wouldn't to to harsh on Smallings form this season, as you say he's being played in a position he's clearly not comfortable with.

Getsme

You can add Tom Thorpe to that list too.

He confirmed his credentials as a future United centre-half by picking up a serious, long-term injury within minutes of his first start in senior football. Cracking young defender though.
Did he damage his ligaments in his ankle or foot after 10 minutes? Poor fella, not sure how long it takes to recover from that.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
From what I just seen on SSN, I thought he came across well. Certainly seemed more composed and direct than previously. Maybe, he is starting to get the hang of this interview lark.
I'm sure there will be the majority of the Caf able to make some negative spin on it.
For what it's worth, I thought the open letter to supporters was spot on, honest and to the point. But he still can't do right.
Not sure if serious?

The open letter is as embarrassing as it gets. The man is clueless

Alock1

Not sure if serious?

The open letter is as embarrassing as it gets. The man is clueless
How come? That he wrote a letter or the contents of the letter?

I welcome more communication between the fans and anybody from United. I don't have a problem with Moyes thanking the fans and hoping to reassure them.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.

I welcome more communication between the fans and anybody from United. I don't have a problem with Moyes thanking the fans and hoping to reassure them.
Becasue he's basically admitting that he's a failure. It's like the shit he comes out with after every defeat/draw "I don't know what we have to do to win"

I do David - stop playing dinosaur football you dour cnut

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

It stinks of desperation.

"I know I've been shit but please don't turn on me."

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Becasue he's basically admitting that he's a failure. It's like the shit he comes out with after every defeat/draw "I don't know what we have to do to win"

I do David - stop playing dinosaur football you dour cnut
It was just a marketing ploy to get season ticket holders to extend for next season. That letter probably wasn't even written or read by him. He just gave his signature.

Getsme

I honestly do to see what's wrong with the letter, Moyes has many faults but to me the letter showed him taking responsibility, admitting it hasn't been good enough and promised that things will get better.
It's better than him sitting on his arse trying to hide away from it all, it takes a big man to admit he's messed up. Yes it could be a way to ensure season ticket holders reapply, but it could also be a genuine letter.